Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Shame it's just a typo. Transfers are getting scarce for some marine subfactions. When 8th launched, GW had transfers included in the specialized boxes (i.e. Dark Angels Intercessors) rather than in the upgrade kits. Then they stopped selling the specialized boxes. Newer marine factions get the transfers in their upgrade kits, but GW didn't repackage the old ones to include transfers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Sab669 posted:

Is "rebox everything for 9th" essentially just "shoved an updated datasheet into the box"?

Sometimes they'll swap in a different base size as well.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

I've just saved you from Space Wolves drinking bear out of their own beards and excrement such as:

quote:

It [sic] cannot believe that the very ship carrying five companies of my battle-brothers and en-route to Calth was destroyed before reaching Vangelis in a random act of Xenos contrition

If they were so poorly written, killing them might actually be an act of contrition.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Snail Information posted:

I read the Eisenhorn/Ravenor books, but the endings of all of them were complete garbage, and I had to continuously remind myself that I was really reading pulpy schlock and I could treat myself to something good like Ann Leckie afterwards.

This is the way to go. Start with Eisenhorn because it's near the top of the list of everyone who reads the stuff. If you bounce off that, it's safe to give the rest of the Black Library genre stuff a pass - with the possible exception of the historical stuff, as several people have pointed out.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Eej posted:

I'll one up that

The Assault Intercessor sprue has a helmet on left hip bit to go with the sergeant head which happens to be the opposite side of the Outrider. I could do have two Outriders without helmets...

That's good. Alternatively, fit a helmet on his head, and he's the health and safety officer, carrying extras to hand out when he spots another Space Marine that "lost" his.

Maneck fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Aug 13, 2020

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

PinheadSlim posted:

Do we have any stats on normal tac/assault/devastator marines? I'm kind of wondering if all small marines are going to be veterans from here on out.

They'll get two wounds and longer range bolters. Presumably scouts are the only marines staying at 1. Not sure what that'll mean for Black Templars.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

There's an article to go with that amazing picture, but it's not great, including because it amplifies that idiot. https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/...pVfWsOjrMr0zHHI

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

ro5s posted:

It's just straight up gameplay, IIRC fluff has terminators able to ride in rhinos, it's just not ideal for them to combat deploy from one.

99% sure that Terminators were allowed in Rhinos in 2nd edition, but that ability was dropped during the transition to 3rd.

Hixson posted:

Working on a little 40k Night Lords CSM force:

There just amazing. You should be proud.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
I understood that once a 9th edition codex is released, the app will no longer provide "free" rules for that army with the subscription. It would make a lot of sense if they gave everyone paying a subscription all the rules, but not the fluff content, and fill out some of the value that was perceived as missing from the app.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

MRLOLAST posted:

The indomitus stats are in the app under the Edge of silence : Space Marines and Necrons and it's broken up by chapter.

It sounds like GW is going to improve the app, but until they fix that organizational structure it's still going to suck.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

richyp posted:

x-postin

This is so good.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
There's people saying wait for bug fixes. But apparently a lot of the bugs seem to be the same ones that never got fixed in Mordheim.

I loved tabletop Mordheim, and tried very hard to like the PC version, but I just couldn't.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
That's a beautiful grey. Have you posted the instructions on how to do that somewhere?

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
Are Librarian Dreadnoughts going to be a thing for all Chapters now in all games, or just in Crusade games?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Strobe posted:

You're right it's not a coincidence, you're still here.

You've got a long grudge-list, friend. If it wasn't him, it would have been someone else.

Lets hope the new thread can leave behind the vendetta posting. It is toxic and makes it suck to read otherwise good content.