Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
What sm chapter is the most anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
e: Yes

goodness fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Apr 25, 2018

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

How did you do the white on this magnificent machine

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

A couple new things on gw, DW Primaris Apothecary. Only difference is the shoulder pad?

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

the purest boy

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

This is a super vague question, but what is the technique/trick to making vibrant cool colors like purple and blue look good on minis? When I'm prowling pinterest it seems like those are the hardest colors to make look awesome on minis.

Kabal of the R E T R O W A V E

Another vague question, how does pinterest manage to collect the high quality content it has when searching for warhammer dudes? It shits on google while simultaneously infuriating me with its arcane functionality.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Corrode posted:

Like was said - cheating.

How so

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Corrode posted:

Delight in his posts on the subject:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjrLV1SHsTE/?taken-by=segstudio
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bi3lBiEHajT/?taken-by=segstudio

Yeah you only get that stuff in Superheavy detachments, not Superheavy Aux. It's a little annoying.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Two Beans posted:

Ya'll should donate like I did. My donation allowed me to find out what my true fursona is.

Is it from the donate button, whats the min

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Booley posted:

No, because anyone can post on reddit so we'd have to actually spend effort moderating, vs discord where we people first need to find the link and then if we don't like them we can just ban them

You could make it private and only allow SA people.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

LordAba posted:

^^^ IRON CROSS HMMM.

To be fair, the whole "I'd like to see you do better" thing just comes across as petty.

Don't you know that only a paid expert can give his opinion on a given topic

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Epic is cool

(not mine)

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

RT was cool

Squat Hovercar

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

I found this while looking for epic models. Now, I'm not trying to dredge up the nazi discussion again but what is that symbol on this official ork's hat?

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

No one in this thread is saying they want Chaos Primaris you dingus, more that new chaos marines (and imo all marines in general) should be Primaris scale. Yeah, not having them sculpted to look midway through a Power poo poo helps a lot, but the proportions are still slightly off, and too small compared to, eg, guard.

I saw a picture comparing primaris and the new chaos guys and the are about the same size.

e: found it

goodness fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Nov 3, 2018

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Zasze posted:

I saw this being chucked around and the scale looks alot better lined up.

edit: beaten

Your's is better !

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Tiny Black Templar Contemptor

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Printed something normal sized

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

I almost made him with a mop instead of the spear. Could be undercover as their janitor

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Schadenboner posted:

Would there be any interest in a "Post your army fluff" thread in TG? It wouldn't have to be 40k exclusive, obviously. Just testing the water here since it's probably a primary source of posters for such a thread.

Just the (in universe) stories of your armies in all their dumb-rear end snowflakeness.

yikes

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Zuul the Cat posted:

I don't know what this means. I don't use Reddit or Tumblr.

It's where people post their pony and Warhammer fan fiction

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Are there any must-haves in a GSC kt list? I'm building my first kill team, mostly to paint because the figures are rad. But I don't want it to be totally unplayable.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

How did this get made

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Harvey Mantaco posted:

He looks like fat bastard

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

BadLlama posted:

Haven't played this or paid attention to it in years but curious about the new rules and armies. I don't condone piracy, but years ago all the codex where on some websites, I wonder if that still exists.

Google "4chan 40k mega" and find one of the links from 2018, will have every GW book on megashare

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Tabletop Simulator on steam is a great way to get practice games in. It's a big step up from vassal if you ever tried that.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Harvey Mantaco posted:

What does it automate? Or is it just picking up models and putting them down like when I played other lighter games on there?

Just a good virtual environment for the 3d models and dice, the models look great too.

If you don't want to roll dice you could so that part in another app.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

TheBigAristotle posted:

Do a lot of people use Tabletop Simulator to play? I'd be curious about feedback, seems interesting, but I could also see it being clunky and dull

I only picked it up within the last month but there is a large discord at https://discord.gg/QHhHWw3 with 600+ people. Unfortunately there are not really any good quality videos that show it off.

The workshop mods for it are well supported, I think every army has a near complete lineup on there.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

What did you do

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

TKIY posted:

If only there was another way... :china:

They are getting pretty good

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Putting together a DG list after not playing a proper game since 5th edition. Going for a mechanized list, how does this look?

1742/2000pts. Detachments are a little confusing, still working on that.

Nurgle flying DP
Malignant Plaguecaster
Foul Blightspawn
7x Plague Marines
7x Plague Marines
2x Deredeo
1x Leviathan
2x Plagueburst Crawler
1x Xiphon Interceptor

goodness fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Apr 7, 2019

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Harvey Mantaco posted:

What's your strength 8 anti tank stuff?

Butcher cannons on the 3 Dreads, I'll have to see if that is enough.

goodness fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Apr 8, 2019

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Harvey Mantaco posted:

If all your dreads have butcher cannons I'd say you have *enough*, butcher cannons are so crazy good against, like everything? I think?

That is the plan! And I may try to fit in a contemptor as well. Trying to use all the models I have.

edited the list:

Battalion (2 HQ, 3 Troops, 1 Elite) CP: 3
Nurgle DP
Plaguecaster
Tallyman
7x PMarines
7x PMarines
20x Poxwalkers

Spearhead (1 HQ, 3 Heavy) CP: 1
Chaos Lord
2x Deredeo
1x Leviathan

Spearhead (1 HQ, 3 Heavy) CP: 1
Typhus
2x PBC
Defiler

goodness fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Apr 8, 2019

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

There is a good model on thingiverse

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3515778

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

evol262 posted:

You should just remove that.

Bitz are one thing. Printing models? Not a :filez: thread

Its not a direct copy and its on a very public site.

goodness fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Apr 12, 2019

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

evol262 posted:

I have a printer (mostly used for terrain), and I'm not a mod, but it's a fine line. Changing the eye of horus to a skull and removing the trim on the pauldrons doesn't mean it isn't is a derivative work.

If people want to print their own models, they know where to find them (and knew without a link, since I don't think a single person with a 3d printer is unaware of thingiverse)

Only reason I posted it was because there are 20 comments about people looking for the guns. Now they know have another option. Its not really any different than posting Shapeways links

Here is something I didn't know; GW uses printing to do their masters. I wonder how long they've been doing it this way, but you can see the tell-tale lines here

goodness fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Apr 12, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if years from now they offer components printed on demand. Imagine being able to order an entire squad where you pick each pose.

Something like that would be the only way they will be able to compete with home printing if it keeps advancing like it has been. I don't think they will ever sell their design files, but that is a plausible alternative.

goodness fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Apr 12, 2019