Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
So the heirophant is going to be almost double the points cost it was before?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

MasterSlowPoke posted:

90power means it'll be roughly 1800 points, feel bad for that dude that owns two for some reason.

Yeah I feel like we haven't seen everything. It could have 140 wounds or something ridiculous.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Heading out to a midnight launch for 8th. I accept that this makes me a broken person.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
It's not that broken when you can only reroll once per phase.

Besides I expect that tournaments will use the guidelines mentioned in the book are allow a maximum number of detachments based on points.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

The Bee posted:

So we've seen 3 Guard brigades at 2000 points being possible. How many brigades can other factions fit in 2000 points?

Orks probably could, bugs don't have a cheap enough HQ though.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
There is a designers commentary up today, basically a mini FAQ.

https://17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

Rerolls then modifiers always. Shooting stealth suits with plasma just got real dangerous.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Lots in this FAQ. Charging a unit with a character behind another unit is a good strategy since it can't be targeted for Overwatch.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

GET INTO DA CHOPPA posted:

First game of 40k in ages for me next week. 1000 points, gonna bring nids. Is this list alright, or will it be easily countered?

A walking tyrant really needs tyrant guard if you can swing the points, they are decent on their own when they hit combat too.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Moose-Alini posted:

Dumb question but I never played a mini game before. On the data sheets, what does the number after the weapon type mean? Does Heavy 6 mean six shots?

Yup, exactly.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Are the various deepstrike rules considered moving in the movement phase?

I'm wondering about a Tyrannofex with Fleshborer Hive, because that's 40 S5 AP -1 shots when it didn't move at 18".

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

General Olloth posted:

Yeah they count as having moved. Check the "Reinforcements" section on the side of the Movement phase page.

Yeah just reread that. Still drop him into cover and it's 20 shots and you have to dig 14 T8 3+ wounds out or face forty shots the next turn.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Yeast posted:

Yep - Tyranid monsters are very, very spooky this edition.

30" move first turn chargers are also terrifying.

Hmmm it's differently scary than I thought, no AP on the Fleshborer so it's not quite as good as a heavy bolter, but it also gets the stinger thing which is 4 shots with the heavy bolter profile. 24 shots in round one, 48 in round two...

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Yeast posted:

When you're out putting that many shots, pure weight of dice is going to mean stuff dies.

Only Russ variant I'm taking at 1750 is a punisher with 3 heavy bolters.

That's at least 29 dice rolling every turn. Plus or minus a heavy stubber.

He's only hitting on 5+ in the first round, and at 7 wounds he drops to 5+ too, but he's still a monster in assault too.

Not sure I'll run it but it seems worth trying at least once.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

ijyt posted:

Cupola weeks ago, when Skullapalooza ended.

I'll put this in a language he can understand.

Heavy bolter hordes! Heavy bolter hordes!

Cupola cupola!

Heavy cupola bolter hordes!

Predator squaaaadron!

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
So has anyone played against Magnus yet? At 415 points he seems drastically under-costed.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

chutche2 posted:

I've seen a lot of people complaining about how much Tzeentch got shafted with them using the 3 generic chaos powers, but haven't seen any reports anywhere of actually playing magnus.

I watched a game last night ans he's basically unstoppable. T8, 18w, 4++ (rerolling 1s) and he rolls out d6/2d6 with his smite and then a ton more with his sword all while flying around at Mach 2. Ate a Swarmlord in combat without breaking a sweat and Swarmy had the charge.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Yorkshire Tea posted:

If anyone has been playing Tyranids, in your experience are adrenal gland hormagaunts jumping out of a tyrannocyte an effective use of points?

Trygon Prime tunnels are better, and they need the Synapse support.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Kilazar posted:

Something fishy is up with gw webstore. Windriders have been moved from fast attack to troops. I am not terribly familiar with eldar. But I am trying to put together an army off of the get started box for my son, and realized based on battlescribe that I need a troop. And the troop choices in bscribe are not matched up to the gw store.

What troop should I get to make the eldar start collecting box playable as a patrol?

Pretty much Guardians at this point.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Kilazar posted:

So windriders are not troops? Cause he would love an all jetbike army. Was hoping bscribe got it wrong

What is the difference between Guardians and Black Guardians? Bscribe does not have either of those. It has guardian defenders, and storm guardians

Do you have Index Xenos 1 or not? This is all explained in there.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Kilazar posted:

Not yet. Was just going to bscribe for the build until the real codex came out. Worked fine for Tau. Just the eldar that are not matching up to webstore vs bscribe.

Yeah you are going to be pretty blind without the codex...

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
The only troop options for Eldar are Guardians (Storm or Defender), Rangers or Dire Avengers.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I have the FW Xenos book. Just unlocked.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Malanthrope is totally back in the menu at 90pts.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Genghis Cohen posted:

Could I please ask the rules for corsairs (infantry and bikes), nightwing interceptors, and whether there are any rules for eldar corsair army lists? Thanks very much.

The rules for corsairs are a full page each, tons of weapon options... Hold up.

No special lists though.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

xtothez posted:

90pts is so cheap it really has to be a misprint. It's already a better synapse option than a Prime due to 50% more wounds and -1 to Hit. Thinking they meant 190pts

It's an ideal cheap HQ for the alternate detachments too.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Genghis Cohen posted:

Much appreciated. Laboriously assembled 20 jet pack infantry just last month.

Reavers are 8", 3+, 3+, 3, 3, 1W, 1A, LD 6, 5+
Base weapons lasblaster is Assault 3, S3, AP 0, 1D
Tons of weapon options, any specifically you want?
Can move 3" in any direction if it lands a wound in Overwatch
Rolls 2d6 on LD test, take lowest, but if it still fails it loses an extra model
16pts per model with Lasblaster

Skyreavers are 16" move, same stats otherwise, same rules plus FLY keyword, 19pts per model with Lasblaster

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Raphus C posted:

Can you see rules for the Mega dread?

You mean the Meka-Dread?

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Raphus C posted:

Na, different unit (or it used to be) https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-WW/Ork-Mega-Dread. Can't see it in the new index, unless I'm blind.

It's not in there.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Genghis Cohen posted:

Cheers mate. Pretty grim unfortunately, like a lot of eldar utility infantry. If could do the rules for their jetbikes (formerly cloud dancers) and the nightwing flyer, that would be great.

Cloud Dancers:

18", 3+, 3+, S3, T4, 2W, LD6, 4+
Twin Catapults - Assault 4, S4, AP -, D1, 6 to wound is AP-3
Same rules for Overwatch move and Morale tests
35pts with twin catapult

Nightwing
M 20"-60" degrading, BS 3+ degrading, S6, T6, 12W, LD 8, 3+
Twin Shuriken Cannon - Assault 6, S6, AP -, D1, 6 to wound AP -3
Twin Bright Lance - Heavy 2, S8, AP -4, Dd6
Turns 90 degrees then moves straight only, Hard to Hit, Fly, Airborne
Two wing modes - Retracted makes Advance +20", gives 5++, Extended ignores the 90 degree turn, must face an enemy unit, +1 to hit that unit this shooting phase but loses hard to hit
140pts including Cannons and Lances

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Alokgen posted:

Any chance you mind spoiling the SKATHACH WRAITHKNIGHT WITH INFERNO LANCES rules?

BALLSCRATCH NUGNUGGINS
M 12" degrading, 3+ degrading, 3+ degrading, S8, T8, 24W, 4A, LD 9, 3+, 5++
Inferno Lance - 24" Heavy d6, S8, -4 AP, D d6, melta rule
Deep strikes, can return to reserves if no enemy within 1", can fall back and still shoot or charge
640pts with 2 lances

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

xtothez posted:

I'm still not sure how to live in a world where the massive Tyranid monsters are Not Terrible.

Also still think that Malanthrope thing is a huge mistake.

The Hierodules seem okayish, the Hierophant is massively overcosted.

Harridan is pretty solid?

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

RagnarokAngel posted:

Could I get the rules for the wraithseer?

M 8" degrading, 3+ degrading, 3+ degrading, S7, T7, 12W, 4A, LD 9, 3+, 5++
Spear is S +2, AP -4, d6, reroll wounds of 1 against vehicles
Can swap for D-Cannon (24" Heavy D3, S10, AP-4, d6) or Wraithcannon (Assault 1 12" D3, S10, AP-4, d6)

3 custom psyker powers, can only use these:

Enliven WC 6, chose Wraithguard/Blade/Lord unit within 12" roll 2d6 for advance drop lowest
Foreboding WC 8, -1LD to all enemy units within 6"
Deliverance WC 7, chose Wraithguard/Blade/Lord unit within 12", 6+ FNP

150pts with spear, +50 for DCannon, +17 for Wriathcannon

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Some of the FW units are completely useless or utterly broken.

Take a Vulture Gunship with the Twin Cannon. Buff with a nearby officer and it gets 40 S5 D1 shots hitting on 3+ rerolling 1s against any target on the ground... For under 160 points.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

JoshTheStampede posted:

Are the attacks from the bio-flail instead of its normal 4 or in addition?

By RAW, you make your attacks and the flail just goes off when you fight, so in addition.

Add 4d3 scythe tail attacks and it's going to shred conscript/ork hordes. Tyranids need an anti-horde option too, so expect to see them on the table.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

One attack with the flail for each enemy model within 2" and a further 4d3 attacks with the tail. Plow it into the middle of a blob and they either refuse to pile in (thus neutralizing them) or they pile in and get mulched.

It can easily put out 15-20 attacks a round for just over 100pts.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
It is just a matter of time until the netlists take over. The key to 8th is how quickly and decisively GW reacts.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Soulfucker posted:

Where the gently caress are the Knarloc rules

There aren't any.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Lol they hosed up. Deathshroud Terminators have scythes, not grenade launchers. They meant Grave Wardens.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

chutche2 posted:

Yeah hellblasters look pretty good to me.

In other news, I caved and ordered a Stormraven instead of a land raider. People here have given me really good advice with choosing my army.

All given by people you now have on ignore. Twat.

On a more positive note I'm sitting on two full sets of the Death Guard models form DI. Any NA or ideally Canadian goons looking for some?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

chutche2 posted:

So it's fine for others to post that they're putting me on their ignore list, but not for me to post i'm doing the same? How about you go gently caress yourself?

Hey I thought you were ignoring me. Liar.

Also, have you tried digging... up?