Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Finally have my bigmars. These monopose kits are great quality, I'm really hyped for the multipart ones now. The classic marines look really lame next to the bigmars though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

I'm almost done with a Raven Guard bigmar:

All that's left is clean up my sloppy highlights.

I find myself paralysed by choice once again. There's so many interesting ways I could paint these dudes. I was going for Raven Guard at first but I also kind of like the notion of a traditionalist space wolves successor that still wears 30k colors and look down on the modern SWs and their wolf mounts.
But bigmars would also look nice in Blood Angels colors, and I like the Salamanders, and the FULMINATORS ultramarines crack me up
What do

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

SRM what's your recipe for realistic black skin? I want to include some black marines in my bigly army

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Thanks for the skin painting advice guys both recipes look cool. I'll try and report back

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

chutche2 posted:

Remind me, when was the last time you posted anything with any redeeming value or merit?

You could have made the gentle ribbing go away by just ignoring it but you just have to keep up the abrasive posts and weird obsessions

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Gaunts hordes! Gaunts hordes!
Hordes of Gaunts!

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Now that I have built all my Dark Imperium biglys and painted a few:
- These are great models and I love them
- They are easy and fun to paint
- They are a dick move from GW towards marine players with normie marine armies. Biglys just make squat marines look like complete poo poo.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

dexefiend posted:

I already own 120 biglys... they just look so loving amazing.

I'll probably end up with that many over time when the multipart kits are out, but I'm not sure my sperg tendencies could tolerate so many repeat models :v

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

Except bigly marines don't have MK3 armour, which is objectively the best armor

MkIII armor? Puh-leaaaase.
Only plebe legions wear this

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

gently caress Forgeworld as a company basically. This is pretty shameful.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

First look at the Primaris Reivers infiltrators, some new starter kits:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/06/25/new-primaris-space-marines-and-death-guard-announced/

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Same. Captain and Librarian are cool as well. I really want to see the Primaris multipart kits now though.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

SteelMentor posted:

Reavers are adorably edgy, Primaris Characters look neat, new Plague Marine and Poxwalker sculpts look cool. Like that they're continuing the the trend AoS started with it's different sized starters, makes starting out fresh way less intimidating.

Pretty smart. Makes it easy to have a good number of biglys for cheap if you want a lot of infantry too

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

PantsOptional posted:

Those "suppressed" bolt pistols don't look suppressed at all.

Aren't bolts little grenades? What's the point of suppressing that anyway

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

dexefiend posted:

18 x 6 is 108 heavy bolter shots a turn!

Can they stop the gaunt hordes?????,

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Green marines, Primaris only: Dark Angels, Raptors or Salamanders? Why?

Ayn Marx fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jun 26, 2017

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Hamshot posted:

Disadvantage: "Oh, this chapter of black guys? They're not actually black, perish the thought! No, they're black because of a...a flaw in their geneseed. Yeah. Don't worry your little aryan head about it, these guys are white on the inside."

Hm yeah gently caress that, if I do Salamander biglys I'm painting them as actual black soldiers not this mutated black skin and red eyes bull

Edited my post since I only own biglys, if that makes a difference (I guess it doesn't unless you're a sperg about whether or not your gravis dudes are Deathwing?)

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

General Olloth posted:

The lychguard models are rad.

Ignore the dirty cheap plastic outdoor table, there was blinding sun (any sun) in Seattle yesterday and I braved the heat for a minute to take a nice natural light photo.

This is great work, I really like it

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

JoshTheStampede posted:

Because Lias Issodon is rad. I will probably just end up doing one scheme and running one character at any given time - The chances of me playing a big enough game to run all three at once with their attendant squads is probably low.

Raptors are the reasonable marines that change how their armors are painted depending on where they are fighting, so you can paint them in urban camo or whatever if you don't like the olive color scheme!

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

The Sex Cannon posted:

Stealth cross-post:

This hobby is pretty fun right now.

Awesome. I wish my version of this guy was that good:

You motivated me to paint more Raven Guard biglys

Were are the transfers from? Are those Forgeworld?

Ayn Marx fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jul 2, 2017

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

LingcodKilla posted:

Different size marines look so terrible next to each other. Simply have no desire to mix the forces right now. Just looks so bad.

Couldn't agree more. I really can't imagine squatmarines being played that much when the bigly range has been expanded...

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Look for Biostrip 20 on Amazon. Tterrible recommend this earlier and it's magical poo poo. Strips miniatures easily, do risk for the plastic and it's not toxic so you can use it inside.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

BIG MEATY SHITS posted:

I could not have seen this coming. Not with this, the best 40K ruleset ever.

This is the game you asked for!

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

The only way I found to make the inceptors easier to transport:

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

What size magnets?

3mm x 1mm

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Where is this Reiver info coming from?

https://www.games-workshop.com/reso...02_July_8th.pdf

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

My best bigly yet. Faces are really a pain in the rear end to paint... I'll need a lot of practice before I feel confident with those.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Finally something to stop the gaunt hordes

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Grav chutes confirmed?

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Same. Would be strange to design a helmet for the fuckers and only include it in the beginners kit though.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Did they confirm anywhere if successor chapters use the same tactics as their parent chapters? Trying to decide between Raptors and Raven Guard :v

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

JoshTheStampede posted:

Do it fast. If you are slow and careful your hands shake more.

Also, a good brush and a bit of flow improver

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

l use the Vallejo Flow Improver for loving everything. It's basically cheating.

I have replaced water with Winsor&Newton flow improver on my pallet. I'll never go back

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Wtf is this that popped in my Facebook feed:
https://www.ragingheroes.com/blogs/warstages-kickstarter/kscoming

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

bonds0097 posted:

Too bad the repulsor isn't in this wave, I want me a transport for my biglies dammit.

But yeah, one of everything please.

I'm a bit disappointed the Repulsor is their dedicated transport. I was hoping for a cheaper Rhino-style option

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

SteelMentor posted:

I've started working on some tractors for my AoP board.

#

And a Deathwatch Primaris Captain. Was hoping to have more done in time for a game tomorrow, but I just can't sum up the energy today it seems.

Really like both of those, I want those little tractors
The Deathwatch marine is cool, hopefully she'll trigger some fools too

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Primaris are easier to build and paint and pretty nice kits overall. They'll make your regular MKVII marines look like scrunts tho

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Why does this thread have so many morons being weirdly combative about odd things

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Pendent posted:

On the plus side it's pretty consistently the same people so the ignore function makes it all much more bearable.

There's pretty much a holy trinity of shitposters here nowadays :v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

goose willis posted:

Who would you consider them to be

In hindsight that was me shitposting and be part of the problem, ignore that