Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I need all of these right now, please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Very happy with how this turned out. I still need to add blood to the saw though. Will hopefully be able to get the paint for that this weekend.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

In the grim dark future, there is only hamster balls and sunflower seeds.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

For painting XV25 Stealth Battlesuits https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Tau-Empire-XV25-Stealth-Battlesuits-2017 what orange is GWS using here?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

PierreTheMime posted:

My guess would be squig orange, as it’s in the contents of one of the recommended paint bundles toward the bottom of the page.

Thank you! That is weird because actually on my end, the recommended paints don't show that color.

I am actually thinking of painting these three models the following colors on their base armor; one will be Ceramite White, second one will be Mephiston Red, and the third one will be Death Guard Green. I don't have an orange paint and don't want to buy one if I am being perfectly honest. :v:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Desfore posted:

Are you mounting the Mek gun on the rhino cart, or putting the canon on the Mek gun Chassis? Cause, I think it'd be cool either way.

Mount the canon on top of the Mek gun with the cart and dwarf still attached to the canon.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Texmo posted:

The GW-official T'au sept yellow-orange recipe is XV-88 base, Tau Light Ochre all over, a thinned Agrax Earthshade recess shade, and Ungor Flesh highlights.
It comes out looking like this:

Thank you! That looks really awesome! I'm gonna end up going with something else though, but was curious about the colors.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

R0ckfish posted:

Then over the summer I did some Tau:

Inspiration :3: These are all really great.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I want to get this model now and glue googly eyes to it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Just placed an order for a Tau XV88 Broadside Battlesuit. I am looking forward to painting this. I am going to go with orange color because I like that more than white for Tau.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Irate Tree posted:

I, too, have an XV Big Booty. He's waiting in the wings until i can get my second squad of five Pathfinders done. What are you thinking of arming him with? I'm a fan of the HRR/Plasma variant.

twin-linked rail rifle :hellyeah: it's just so badass looking. They also come with twin missile pods but those don't look as cool in my opinion.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Chainclaw posted:

this guy is done except the base, I'm happy with how he turned out. I was also worried this would take me forever, but it was only about 6 hours.

Beautiful! This guy is on my wishlist but I am super intimidated by the assembly part. I don't know if I can do that part. :ohdear: I've had troubles with easier models in comparison to this one.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I really hate how their policy prevents them from discussing future plans. It wouldn't hurt anyone to say "not in the box but there will be options in the campaign book/white dwarf/never.

The problem with that is that if GW says something will happen in the future and then it doesn't pan out, they will get a lot of poo poo for it. Their communication practices are standard for any company.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This is probably going to be one of their $100+ models? This looks so incredibly intimidating to assemble.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sab669 posted:

I guess this is where sub-assembly painting comes into play, but yea painting / assembling that beast looks awful.

Looks cool as poo poo, but I'd hate myself if I bought it :downs:

Painting it doesn't look too bad to me, but sub-assembly and painting individual parts is a good idea. It looks to be mostly a lot of abandon black and balthasar gold for its paint. Very straight forward to paint and it would probably be far more interesting to just use your own color scheme. The highlighting looks like a painful amount of work though. This dude does look awesome, but I don't think I would want to buy it, I'm afraid I would just ruin the model somehow.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Deified Data posted:

Please tell me you're painting the screen to look like a butt

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Everyone, please say hello to my grandpa. He drones on about his worship of technology, and has worried the family with replacing his organs and limbs with cyborg implants, but we still love him. Hahah, silly grandpa. :unsmith:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I painted my 12th adapetus mechanicus mini last night and at this point I might as well make an army out of this and play. I pretty much want to assemble and paint all of the units available anyways. I really love this factions lore and how they look.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Duncan hasn't done a new tutorial on WarhammerTV in over a week and I saw that Games Workshop is looking for a new community manager??? :ohdear:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

TheBigAristotle posted:

welcome to the layer cake, son

He is basically the Bob Ross of Warhammer painting. :(

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Artum posted:

duncans not a community manager and its been less than a week since his last one.

That's fair! I only pay attention to the painting tutorials and was worried he left.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrFE_KP8ryw Warhammer $40,000? :P

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I was looking into more lore, and hadn't realized that there is lore written for WH40K that goes back at least 20,000+ years. :eyepop: This seems a little excessive, is this all in the books? I know GWS has a 30,000 version of the table top game. But there were apparently conflicts bigger than even the Horus Heresy and take place before that war.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

One model a day progress from the last month or so, nearly 800 points of table ready AdMech!

And now that I've finally painted all of them, it's time to buy more to assemble and then need to paint.

At least you can be bothered to glue the backpacks on, I couldn't even do that after half way through my characters. :v:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Adeptus Fatacus

Xenomrph posted:

Wrapped up a Tech-Priest Manipulus for my Adeptus Mechanicus kill team, Zeta-2 Reticulus.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Games Workshops April fools joke is the announcement of all Warhammer players getting their own personalized Servo Skull. xD

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I really like Infinities models but they are the absolute worst thing in the world to assemble and paint.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is there a special ruleset for playing with just a handful of figures? Say 5 - 10? I have a pretty good collection of adapetus mechanicus figures and am wanting to build up a necron army, and want to just play something very casual and quick with my wife. What books would I need to get?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

God, I am silly! I feel like in the back of my mind I knew that GWS literally had what I was looking for. Thank you!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

PinheadSlim posted:

From your history in the painting thread I can tell you're like me in the sense that you just buy and paint whatever looks cool, so yeah Kill Team is the perfect game for people like us to get some use out of our models when we're done painting them.

It's a pretty good feeling holding one kit and knowing it's an entire team to play with, too. Much less stress on the wallet.

Exactly! I am at the point now where I am building up a lot of of certain factions too. At first I was all like, "actually play Warhammer? Not here not ever! :colbert: " but my attitude is starting to change now.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I bought my first WH40K terrain, Munitorum Armoured Containers. :kiddo: Looking forward to getting that in the mail so I can start properly playing with my plastic dudes.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Gunder posted:

I wonder how long it’s going to take the other paint companies to reverse engineer Contrast and release their own cheaper versions?

Probably quite awhile, but I wouldn't be surprised if never to be honest. Games Workshop said it took over 4 years of research and development time to create these new paints.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

JBP posted:

Went home from work at 2 due to being very sick. Figured ah well might as well fire up the airbrush and cough into my mask for a bit...

Ooh my god these are so incredible looking. Seeing amazing Ad Mech is pure inspiration for me to do better with painting mine.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Prophecy launches tomorrow for Steam, this is an expansion for Inquisitor - Martyr and adds the Tech-Adept Inquisitor as a playable class to the game, and the Eldar and the Tyranids are new enemies that you will fight. :black101: I am really excited for this expansion. Martyr is my favorite WH40K title and I have a thread for it here https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3859656

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

GET INTO DA CHOPPA posted:

Pricing on the new paints: I pre-ordered a paint bundle with all 34 colours from a FLGS and it's about $7 a pot.

Are you sure that was a good idea? Games Workshop doesn't even have the paints up yet on their online store. Where is this price coming from?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yeast posted:

Retailers are able to order for their stores.

I’m a derp and didnt realize that is what he was doing. My bad!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Once contrast paints come out, can GWS release new super brushes that always keep their point no matter what and are self cleaning? :colbert:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The people at GWS that make models where you have to glue two legs to a torso, I want them to step on legos, a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Why? Those bond lines are usually seamless.

They are horrible to get right while the glue is drying. If someone has a tip for how to do it I would really appreciate advice.