Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Fire Tom Perez and Pelosi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

cowardly piece of poo poo did it on a fuckin friday at 5

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

also lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcARgkFFxEY

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

zegermans posted:

two losers

btw are we still wanting to drive out Pelosi because that's a great idea and we'll totally get a more left leaning minority leader?

drive out every democrat older than 50

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

zegermans posted:

Ellison is 53

So?

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Make that Nebraska guy a shadow whip, walking around congress with a baseball bat

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Venom Snake posted:

Honest Question: What do you think caused him to go from "For ever blue collar vote we lose....." to backing Ellison and actually being self aware about the partys failings?

Fear of the guillotine

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Venom Snake posted:

Also the Alexandria shooting has a lot of people shook since political violence is probably going to get more common here.

Lol good

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Creating a bill to give everyone healthcare and keeping momentum for years for when it actually passes: bad

Shelving a bill on a Friday night so you can stop any positive change from ever happening and giving up before you even try: good

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

The coward Anthony rendon hasn't tweeted anything in days

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

i dont understand why getting the dems to vote on a bill is a bad thing

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Oh Snapple! posted:

obama basically had two choices when it came to the ACA and his legacy: either push it as a stepping stone to actual good health policy and thus have a legacy of building to that; or try to continue to push the ACA as a good program that works for everyone and is the best and just repeat that a bunch until everyone goes "sure".

unsurprisingly, he picked the largely selfish option because he wanted a bigger legacy than just "paved the way for single-payer".

It's amazing how Democrats have a 10 vote handicap in the senate. Seems a little unfair to me that any good progressive policies need a supermajority, whereas repubs can destroy the country with a simple majority

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

punk rebel ecks posted:

Do you really want Zuckerberg's kids to get free healthcare?

My version of means testing is medicare for all not named mark zuckerberg

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Bodycams significantly reduce complaints of police abuse, they clearly work

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

GalacticAcid posted:

do you have a link to good research on this? i'd like to read it if so

Uhh here's one I think

http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0093854816668218?journalCode=cjbb

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Feldegast42 posted:

Holy poo poo its actually getting that bad? I live in the midwest but in the area with more Walter Whites than Lou Reeds.

remember the height of the AIDS crisis? this is worse

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Karl Barks posted:

pod save america has 151k follower but each tweet gets like 2 rt and 30~ favs. chapo has 38k and get 50-100 rt and 600+ favs..... makes u think

yeah, it makes me realize that internet users are broke brained idiots

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Captain_Maclaine posted:

It took you this long?

part of being broke brained is you have to keep learnin the same thing over and over, no matter what

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Not a Step posted:

I went through a cooking phase where I put everything in a skillet and called it a pancake, but I'm not famous so nobody but me and the long suffering girlfriend who had to pretend it wasn't awful ever knew

did you call eggs pancakes

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

the old gently caress says it wont happen in his lifetime
:getin:

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

UHD posted:

I don't remember hamon at all

well you will never defeat the pillar men with that attitude

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Willa Rogers posted:

Joe Manchin
How do you use it more effectively and efficiently? Can you have savings within? Absolutely. Can you have a better productive lifestyle? Can you have a better productive workforce? Absolutely.

At the rate we’re going right now with the opioid crisis, we’re going to run out of workers.

I don't think the father of an evil pharmaceutical company CEO gives a poo poo

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Relin posted:

people who voted for trump are still happy with his performance, and others (this is for dems too) will just show up and vote republican rote regardless. what issues do you think will get center/rightist to vote for the democrats over republican candidates in swing states? job numbers under trump have been exceeding expectations most months (not really his doing ofc) and most people have no idea what single payer is (not that we dont really need it)

Everybody knows what Medicare for all means

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Concerned Citizen posted:

Al Franken's memoir contains more instances of the world "fart" than any other Senate memoir.

It also contains fewer instances of anything resembling comedy than any other senate memoir

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

GalacticAcid posted:

I mean

I hate macron a lot but I'm pretty sure he won't put the Muslims into ovens

He won't be good on islamophobia mind you, but he won't exterminate them. Le Pen...maybe wouldn't do that but maybe would.

Domestically, that is

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e63e_RgvDvY

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

:siren:STOP LETTING NERDS RUN FOR OFFICE:siren:

Reagan, Bill Clinton, Dubya, Obama
all cool dudes

america doesnt want some dork leading them

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

loquacius posted:

HW was also a nerd, he was just less nerdy than Dukakis

he got some of that runoff coolness from reagan, but it quickly wore away. al gore was too stupid to do the same with clinton

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Venom Snake posted:

Yeah we should run pretty shitheads like Macron and Treadeu

i was thinkin more like corbyn

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Jeb! Repetition posted:

I'm not sure where Corbyn falls on the nerd-cool spectrum, but I was thinking about how much I enjoy the fact that he barely ever smiles and how much better it is than this

corbyn's got the meme game on lock

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

radical meme posted:

Actually, I fully endorse this type of candidacy; as long its for the Presidency and not Congress, where poo poo is actually supposed to get done. Eight loving years of stalemate has apparently made everyone forget that Congress, not the President, is supposed to be where laws are made.

but then you get the president using the bully pulpit to go after leftists, like when obama went after kucinich

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

How many choices are there

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

anime was right posted:

also im now a political analyst, hire me

Anime Was Right Polling

Hire me
I'll be your hype man

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Mark Penn was a Clinton advisor for a decade, he also recommended that Hillary attack Obama on the fact that he's not a real American.
Andrew Stein is a Democrat who voted for Trump

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

To be fair, it is impossible for a clinton to look to the left

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/ShawnOsterhus/status/883060413767790592

lmao

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

the bitcoin of weed posted:

and then when someone asked her about this three days later,

though to be fair it sounds like she's just mad her underlings can't maintain the illusion of prison labor not being slavery instead of wanting to do anything to change this

did she actually do anything

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

punk rebel ecks posted:

Katy Perry is anorexic looking.

start spending more time with people with a healthy bmi

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

ex post facho posted:

what page was thr back to the center article posted on

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?goto=post&postid=474088971#post474088971

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Helsing posted:

This article about Corbyn offers a lot of lessons for the Democrats. The new media environment birthed by the internet rewards authenticity over carefully stage managed soundbite performances. One interesting side-effect of this change is the chance for specific popular policies to gain a meme-like traction within the electorate:

its nice how easy it is to quickly tell how full of poo poo a politician is now

• Locked thread