Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
50 years of failure means nothing. They'll never get out of the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Stop talking to FMN he's always been bad

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Nonsense posted:

the shits is another thing apparently

Oh yeah, opiates slow everything down. People used to take Opium FOR poo poo problems. It's why it's harder to get Immodium now, the active ingredient in that can, if taken in massive fuckin' doses, approximate the numbing effect.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Captain_Maclaine posted:

A goon in TCC figured out a way to potentiate immodium and then OD'd and died from it while at the movies with his wife.

HARM

REDUCTION

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

cosmic brain: all people are trash

multiverse brain: Who cares then

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
That's what we're trying to do until someone barges in here and talks about racism like it's a cosmic curse and not something created and steered by the powerful in order to cement their place within society

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
This take is stale. Nazis are running people over in unmarked cars.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

I thought you were all about the blue brothers doing that though?

I have no idea what you're talking about

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Ah, a work of fiction

Where literally no one gets hurt

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
The ONLY thing I can think of is there was another car that hit people.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Breakfast All Day posted:

hillaryman friend just told me the crowd that was hit was mainstream Dems ("just like the women's march") and Bernie Bros/DSA are just trying to insert themselves to pretend to be not racesexist again

this is the same loving person i offered to put in contact with DSA peeps down there Saturday morning if he wanted to go because he was really upset about the Nazi march the night before

im so loving done with neolibs.

What's he going to trust, his twitter, or his lying eyes?

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
goddamn i want some soft pretzels

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Good, I hope this happens all over the place. Very few of these statues were built anytime near the war, and most of them were built in response to integration in the 1960's or after reconstruction's failure. I don't know of any that are actually relics from the confederacy.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Jazerus posted:

tuition free for most families means the rich still pay

but that's a bad plan because then the rich feel mooched off of and radicalize, this is the fundamental fallacy of means-testing

Also it inevitably gets hosed up, look at our failure of a NY school tuition thing. There's not even a guarantee that you'll get the money if you go through all the millions of loops they make you deal with.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

punk rebel ecks posted:

It's pretty crazy how right wing anime is. The topic of struggling families and "NEETS" is always eye rolling.

If "society has failed a whole generation" is a right wing topic, I don't quite know much I guess

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Orcs were the military industrial complex and I'm not even kidding

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

Been reading Christopher Hayes's "Twilight of the Elites", released 2012, and a bunch of passages are sticking out to me

Twilight of the Elites is one of the things that make me respect Hayes(I also will never forget when he got in a bunch of trouble for saying "hey maybe everyone who went to Iraq wasn't a hero"). It doesn't offer solutions, if I remember, but it's very diagnostic. He talks about how the idea of meritocracy is a lie that obscures how power asserts itself, which was actually very radical to me back then.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Al! posted:

im starting to realize that the right's fascination with antifa is probably mostly sexual

The girl has long blond hair in that picture

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Venom Snake posted:

I mean it looks like their donors have abandoned them regardless :v:

they always do

THEY ALWAYS DID

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Rand alPaul posted:

I have a friend who lives in a nation in Africa and they told me that there are Chinese construction crews loving everywhere.

I was under the impression it was all Chinese companies getting rich off of the Third World kinda hilariously considering, you know, Maoism

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Shear Modulus posted:

that's pretty much what it is.

it's colonialism.

but china is even more capitalist than america now

Sometimes a dark laugh escapes me when I hear "communist china"

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Air superiority with nuke migs was hilarious

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Frijolero posted:

Love seeing the gringo get mad about China being good at capitalism

colonialism is evil no matter who does it

also it is extra hilarious considering that Maoism was explicitly about the first world exploiting the third world

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Fightan Game

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Calibanibal posted:

here are 2 opinion on barbeque:

1. apparently in australasia, bbq is just a generic term for putting meat on a grill. this is dumb and bad

2. bbq sauce is mustard/vinegar based

thanks

oh THAT'S why aussies get all weird about BBQ being an american invention.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

The Little Kielbasa posted:

Best CSPAM game would be Burning Wheel. Character creation is fun enough to do over and over, but actually playing the game is such a miserable experience that you stop and just make some more characters instead. It's like one neverending primary.

there went fuckin' 3 hours

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
unknown armies is too 90s for me

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Maria is good

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

It's so Suck Zone that people thought this was still about the 2016 primary, when Sanders was really saying that voter suppression is bad because it allows the GOP to win even if their policies are actually rejected by most people - it's just that they keep structuring elections in a way that lets them win regardless.

the suck zone didn't think this

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Cuomo's "Free" "College" is such neoliberal means-tested useless garbage that it will actually do damage to the national push for education not being paid for with back breaking loans

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

punk rebel ecks posted:

What did Antifa do in Berkley that has gotten libs and centrists so riled up?

effectively stopping nazis

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

AstheWorldWorlds posted:

You know, considering how things are progressing into a truly dire situation I wonder if leftists worried about authoritarian leftism are a bit like if early protestants were concerned about a repeat of Jan Ziska and the Hussites in their struggle against the Roman church.

I don't know what this means Dennis Miller

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

zegermans posted:

dunno why do we cede language control over "civil rights" by using "identity politics"

I heard a really interesting idea from Lewis Gordon on a podcast, that "white privilege" is an inferior way to talk about what's basically a civil rights issue. It's not a privilege to not get shot when you get pulled over and to have your symptoms be treated seriously by doctors and to not be profiled for crimes you didn't commit, those are rights and all that the talk about privilege does is center whiteness and make it seem like the world should be crueler rather than kinder.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
TO BE FAIR

I had a professor who hated to be called African American because his roots were in Jamaica. Even though he knew that the slave trade brought his ancestors there, he still would rather be called Jamaican than African American. But...

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

ThndrShk2k posted:

You mixed up sympathy and empathy.

Empathy is to understand and share another's feeling
Sympathy is to feel pity/sorry for their misfortune

For the most part just don't tell people "yeah I know how you feel" when you can't

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Horseshoe theory posted:

Learned from Jon Stewart (who was anti-writer's union strike a number of years ago).

I thought he stopped the show in solidarity

No matter what, that routine is... pretty hosed up and is insane as a response to military action against mine workers on strike.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Oh.

I remembered falsely.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

anime was right posted:

yeah conan just goofed off though from what i can tell and it was pretty great

Yeah, Conan hosed around and kept saying that the show was terrible and all the things you liked about his show were written by the writers. I remember it being pretty amazing.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I'm consistently blown away at how spiteful and vindictive Hillary is, and how no matter what she still has personal fans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I hope a Tomato is thrown

• Locked thread