Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/a-tale-of-two-races-quist-ossoff_us_594a0fc6e4b0710bea889a98

quote:

Ossoff also received criticism for not attacking the policies of President Trump more, and not mentioning the highly controversial American Health Care Act (AHCA) in his campaign ads. Yet, Ossoff came out against the AHCA on his website and sparred with Handel over the bill during debates.

Let's not mention the bill that was unpopular as gently caress among EVERYBODY and make sure to go to my website! 50 million dollars!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Scent of Worf posted:

libs are extremely mad on the internet about @IronStache

Like, this guy would obviously be the person to go to bat for the baddest of dems but I'm hyperventilating a bit reading his timeline.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

I desperately wanted to reply to this. I saved myself from touching the poop.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

comedyblissoption posted:

are bad dems allergic to having any concrete policy position

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/877659814511480833

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Shear Modulus posted:

matty is a guy that dumb beltway types pay attention to right

Nobody actually pays attention to Vox.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Nonsense posted:

gently caress Michael Bloomberg

Is Tom Steyer any better? No billionaire is good, I'm just curious.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

docbeard posted:

Everything about Bernie being a literal slave-owner is true, with few exceptions.

Is there a contingent of Twitter Dems that just search for any mention of Bernie Sanders so they can trot out how much they hate him because he's got a lake house bought by Russian bank fraud money for costing Clinton the election? Invariably the first response to any news story or pundit is someone making GBS threads on him.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Was there anything equivalent to Bernie would have won in 2004? I know Dean was the progressive candidate before betraying that with 10 years of lobbying, but what were the hot takes of 2004? I wasn't politically active at the time, what with being in middle school, but I don't recall much self-reflection on the Dems part then either.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Squizzle posted:

i think randroid talked about phrygians at some point and it was rad af

A culture remembered solely for their stupid hats. Much like the British.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

punk rebel ecks posted:

A response to the question: "Why don't black people flock to Sanders?" asked last year:

I don't believe most of this, and I doubt it was written by a black person.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

punk rebel ecks posted:

It was CONSTANTLY linked to by Clinton supporters everywhere.

Just curious...are YOU black? :smuggo:

Lily white with exactly 2 black friends.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Squizzle posted:

hey zoux neat to see you back in cspam

My opinions are marginally less lovely than zoux's. Probably not less racist.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Joementum posted:

there's no way it lasts the year, that's why Rahm's doing this in July. a publicity stunt that will cause stress and grief and suck up a bunch of the city's funds to futilely defend.

That this fucker got reelected is so disappointing. At the rate he's going they'll somehow get a Republican elected mayor of Chicago. Man, everyone who came up around the Clintons is such poison.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

So when does Hillary Twitter go full Hillaryis44 and start calling for racial death squads?

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

He poisoned young voters against democrats! Despite Katy Perry's valiant effort! That's who the kids like, right?

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Part of me wants to do a deep dive on #NeverBernie, but I think I'll just smash my hand with a hammer instead.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

https://twitter.com/NewRepublic/status/886988875465469954

My only window into Maryland politics was The Wire, so this article seems possibly convincing. Yay/Nay? Also Tom Perez Would have lost if he had run for governer.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

AN INTRIGUING STRATEGY!

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/887090372962394112

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Nonsense posted:

Why can't Dems have this kind of fire? I want Keith to run the whole show

"DECORUM!" *click*

Also:

https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/889953327181639681

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/903371228601298944

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

ex post facho posted:

loving god drat lol the nyt is absolute fuckin shite

https://mobile.twitter.com/NYTLiz/status/903259135193571328

Jesus Christ. I thought they just got rid of their copy editors, instead they outsourced the whole opinion pages to Breitbart.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Lessail posted:

wasn't nyt one of those papers people were subbing to back in january because they did a big anti trump thing lol

Much like CBS' amazing viewing figures wrt Megyn Kelly, if you scoop up the "moderate" racists you'll pull in both sides!

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

I'm with CC on this, God help me. Khana took out Mike Honda on the back of a fuckton of silicon valley money. He failed twice before, changing his campaign as it suited him.

Maybe he really is a full throated social democrat, but I don't believe it.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Was the Daily Kos editor always a smug rear end in a top hat or did that happen over time? Was too young to remember when Kos was supposed to be edgy.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Absurd Alhazred posted:

So what's Marxism-Leninism-Carterism like?

Invisalign for all.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Who do they replace him with if he resigns? Sadly another Amy Klobuchar. Not saying he shouldnt, but unless they appoint Ellison to the seat we get another centrist rear end in a top hat wrt to the economy.

Lamenting what is.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

*Detonates suicide vest while screaming about bipartisanship*

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

yep that owned, not that it mattered because obama was pozzed by capital all along

hillbots doing that would be way more useful than anything else they've ever done

*suicide vest fails because it was made by overpaid consultants/unpaid interns*

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

FiveThirtyEight posted:

41 percent of Democrats think that Joe Biden “best represents the party and would make the best candidate against President Trump,” according to a Rasmussen Reports poll. Biden beat out Bernie Sanders (20 percent) and Elizabeth Warren (11 percent).

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_politics/november_2017/is_biden_the_man_for_2020_democrats_think_so

The weasel words in that report are the fact that they polled "likely voters." So it's a poll of a thousand white suburbanites. Still, I look forward to seeing this brought up in the future. Bidenmentum!

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/934852764391432192

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

The Muppets On PCP posted:

it's a little weird given the amount of downballot losses in the past decade that there hasn't been the same push to replace democratic leadership that there was among republicans in the wake of of their losses in 06-08, which were nowhere near as severe

The base of the Democrats has no real political power, and the people at the top are the ones with wads of cash. The base can't influence the leadership to do poo poo, because leadership is in safe districts and control all the finances.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Willa Rogers posted:

obama literally had to do nothing to let the bush tax cuts expire but instead he insisted that "middle-class" taxpayers making $250,000/year should not have to go back to the heinous taxation of the clinton years.

here's a tip: when you hear democrats talking about "tax hikes" instead of "tax restoration" for something like timed-out tax cuts you know they're full of poo poo. They're even doing this now with the gop tax plan, insisting that "tax hikes" will happen down the road when the cuts are timed out. Like, make up your mind, assholes... is trump's plan good (in which case the cuts should be permanent) or bad (in which case don't argue against restoration down the road).

also, one of the first things obama did as part of the "recovery" act was cut payroll taxes for social security & medicare, giving employees a princely $8/week on average (which most people didn't notice bc of health insurance going up) and further decimating the funding for those programs. Then, in the next breath, he called for the catfood commission to slash "entitlement" programs.

Like I know the ACA is poo poo but how do you reconcile tryiing to create a universal healthcare system while gutting other parts of the safety net. Patching one hole by creating holes elsewhere.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

So who gets appointed to Franken's seat? I know bupkis about MN politics outside Dayton, Klobuchar, and Ellison.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Jerry Nadler won the House Judiciary seat over Zoe Lofgren, which is probably better for a lot of reasons, antitrust among them. Zoe is firmly in Google's pocket.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Succ Zone?

https://twitter.com/politico/status/943521403512475649

Succ Zone!

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Shear Modulus posted:

if only there had been some hypothetical dem candidate that wouldnt have driven away every swing voter desperate for change

America wasn't ready for the metric system.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Was this posted yet?

Local Democrats warn DNC: Cash crunch threatens November gains

TOM PEREZ IS A GIANT OF FUNDRAISING!

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

The Nastier Nate posted:

Wtf Casey? He’s got a huge advantage going into re-Election this year but he still feels the need to poo poo on the dems in his state. What’s he think he’s going to gain?

It's not that. Like Doug Jones being pro-choice, Casey is anti-abortion. Blame Catholicism.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

This is a good article:

https://twitter.com/ryangrim/status/958661443821465600

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

GalacticAcid posted:

I follow corbyn on some social media sites and all he seems to talk about lately are Tory cuts to the police lol

I mean, this may have been author bias but from what I read a lot of the opposition to the cuts are basically "we literally had to shutter our detective bureau and have no means of investigating anything; drugs, white collar, whatever." Which considering the Tories are a bunch of pedophile money laundering bankers, may be intentional.

• Locked thread