Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011
Welcome to the Suck Zone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFOqt2sNyfs

You might think we're stupid
But we're way above it
We don't give a poo poo
And the kids just love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

Vox Nihili posted:

heres the dude running against Randy "Ironstache" Bryce

Cool. Love it.

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

Venom Snake posted:

For this incarnation of the Suck Throne our official ideology is Houxtraism.

Let's make it Posadaism instead.

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011
nukes and ufos beat bunkers for sure, tho

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011
I wonder if a Republican constitutional convention would be enough to split the union.

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011
I think just the act itself, whether or not it is competent, would be enough to drive many people over the edge.

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011
Actually you will find that historically unprecedented levels of organization for voting across implausibly long stretches of time have the most chance of radically* changing the government and economy. I'm sure it's been done before but don't press me on exactly when.

*tepid social democracy that is easily killed

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

Willa Rogers posted:

why the hell doesn't it show up on the wayback machine, grrr.

Maybe he really is CIA :tinfoil:

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

loquacius posted:

holy poo poo you're right

he is straight-up doing an Obama impression

It's a pretty good one too, he's at like .75 Jordan Peeles here

Good God, they really need to recalibrate the folksy charm on that model. Hopefully the next revision won't be so sloppy.

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

I've said this several times before but I am perfectly willing to remain allied with the centrists until such that the GOP are completely and irrevocably destroyed

At which point I will also be perfectly willing to split into two parties without any animosity over the split itself

That's a mistake. The centrists have pretty clearly shown they cannot be trusted and will never treat the left fairly. A civil split is pure fantasy.

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011
Balkanization sounds incredibly appealing.

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

Not a Step posted:

Treading dangerously close to unironically advocating for letting the South secede. People who arent uniformly horrible are trapped in the Republican hell states and don't have the resources to leave.

Yeah you are right, its probably more noble to all die together.

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011
Balkanization is probably inevitable anyway.

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011
Reviving the New Deal legacy? Wish this guy would collapse into mummy dust already, he is apparently senile.

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

etalian posted:

Sort of strange how it was post-WWII government programs like massive infrastructure spending and the GI Bill which gave boomers a life of prosperity.

However once they got wealth, they decided to vote away any help to the following generations especially with how they became Fox New's main viewer audience.

That, and also in structural terms it doesn't make much sense. You are going to challenge the rights and privileges of the elite/aristocracy while largely leaving their power intact, in control of virtually all the production and finance of the country? Yeah, big loving mystery it was incomplete and been in the process of being rolled back.

That Chomsky relies on this while pointing to the twin myths of a "free country" and his apparent belief in the hidden power of our republic means he is finished as a thinker. He isn't even observing reality anymore.

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011
I notice lots of older people believing in some hidden power in the republic as well, where if people just work long enough (with no indications for how long) and hard enough(with again, no further qualification) then the magical apparatus of the republic will spring to life and start churning out policies that are diametrically opposed to probably 90% of the legislative and policy outcomes of the country.

It's like a boomer/silent thoughtform merging with the protestant work ethic and a constellation of national myths.

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

There is no hope except destruction of this country

Hth

Yeah that's my point. At the very least the republic needs to be dissolved and a new one formed but lol at that happening.

Much like accelerationism, balkanization is not so much something one desires as something coming anyway.

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

etalian posted:

Yes the whole blame shifting and her MSM spin machine going into damage control mode pretty much points to her returning for the 2020 primary.

Cool, can't wait to see the centrists double down again after Hillary gets crushed by Trump a second time.

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

Concerned Citizen posted:

she's not coming back etalian, it's time to let go

I honestly would not be surprised if she made another attempt at it. There's also more than enough institutional power still backing her as well as intangibles like tarnished pride, spite, and fear of the left that she could make a strong showing in the primaries.

Also the hillfolk are craven sickos, so that helps.

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

Feldegast42 posted:

Honestly though if she runs again I think she would go down like Jeb! did.

Republican primaries and Democratic primaries are not really comparable.

Also, yeah, even if not Hillary the field will be cleared for a perhaps more savvy centrist.

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

everyone's kamala harris hate itt is really weird given she's in agreement with most of bernie's platform

Because you said this I'm now 100% convinced she is another garbage centrist.

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

You can have something that's 95% of what you want

Wait, why aren't you voting for me? Come back you racesexists

2 weeks till election: 95%? We need bold plans, but also adaptibility. The other guy is worse.

2 weeks after election: as we said, we have a bold plan that contains 75% of what you want.

2 months after election: here it is, our plan for 45% of what you asked for.

2 years after the presidency is over: I don't recall anything but the 10% of what you wanted, that is what I always campaigned on.

Plus throw some stuff about democracy being long, hard work. Like a treadmill. Or breaking rocks in a penal colony.

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011
"Here you are plebs, a small selection of pre approved centrists who in terms of institutional power just see you as fodder, at best.

Vote for one or be a racsexist."

Can't wait.

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

did you guys really spend four pages discussing who's going to run 3 years from now

who cares about that, 2018 has to be won or we're doomed

Then we are doomed.

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

We were doomed ever since Obama promised hope and change and then gave us more of the same

At least since then, sure. I'd say the ultimate failure of the new deal and the total and complete impotence of democracy in the face of capitalism were earlier signs this wasn't going to turn out well.

Americans stupidly think/thought they had unlimited time to fix this with our extremely stupid republic but reality doesn't give a gently caress about the preferred timeframe of a nation of pants shitters.

AstheWorldWorlds has issued a correction as of 18:13 on Jul 6, 2017

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

When pressed for the persons real name all Booker could do is stammer "Tyrone.... Tyrone" then with a quick series of punctuated snaps of his finger "Ah yes, Tyrone Smithers. That's him"

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

etalian posted:

I doubt trust any candidates from coastal Dem states, being in safe blue districts their whole career means they don't have clue how win back the rest of the country.

This is 100% true for Massachusetts at least. The dems here are a garbage fire.

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011
We passed a voter initiative legalizing cannabis and overnight it was being assaulted full force by bad dems all across the state. Completely and totally worthless here.

AstheWorldWorlds has issued a correction as of 18:53 on Jul 6, 2017

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

loquacius posted:

Our state-level government is so Democratic that political party affiliation doesn't actually mean anything anymore at that level, they're all just "miscellaneous politician" flavor (SEE: GOP Charlie and Dem Marty being best friends and basically indistinguishable from each other)

but I still maintain that our Senators and most of our Congressmen are at least sort of good (Stephen Lynch sucks though, and Ed Markey is kind of a doof but his heart's in the right place)

Warren could be painted as an ivory-tower elitist pretty easily but the GOP will never do that because they'll be too busy making native-American jokes over and over which no one will care about

Still pretty garbage. Thomas Frank talks a bit about the political and economic situation in Massachusetts and he is entirely correct in my estimation. I don't think anyone here could win over the rest of the country, and even then, their governance has not been great, only being an improvement over republicans because they aren't actually insane. They would undoubtedly just replay the mistakes of the party itself; even Warren.

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

will any candiates run on legal weed in 2020? seems like a no brainer and would be widely popular to me. my suggestion for a winning 2020 platform is basically medicare for all and legal weed

I would be incredibly surprised. Virtually everywhere it was legalized was done through voter initiative, iirc.

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

Amazing.

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

did you know: the dscc under chuck schumer cleared the field for bernie's first run for senate so he could run as an independent without a dem splitting the vote

what a hero

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011
Prester stumbled into normal rear end group dynamics as it relates to escalation and thinks they cracked the matrix.

It's pure fart huffing.

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011
Will be sweet, sweet ambrosia when liberals who are working themselves up into a frenzy about Russia slam into the brick wall of "Nothing Matters" at 350mph and we can see the slow cam disintegration footage in tweet form.

Or maybe it's Garmonbozia?

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

Shear Modulus posted:

yes he can, the only thing stopping him from doing so is tradition and whether congress would impeach him for overstepping generally-understood norms

And I think we all know how that would go.

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011
Liberals only care about impeaching Trump to satisfy their vanity. If it ever happened they would proceed to roll over for the much more effective Pence to restore order or some poo poo.

This would occur with the heavily armed right wing radicalizing at warp speed in the background.

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

I've got a masters and I don't think I'll ever see 8k a month jesus gently caress.

Probably depends on how they are calculating this as to whether its accurate or not.

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

It begins.

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011
Build bunkers then build capacity to go into space. Capitalism can't kill what's escaping catacomb earth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011
Looking forward to Clinton running and all the former Clintonistas/Hillfolk falling into line and conducting themselves like it's 2016 all over again.

• Locked thread