Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

BeOSPOS posted:

plz rename thread Security Fuckup Megathread v15.0 - better upgrade ur libraries u stupid bitch

#include <libraries.h>

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
the permissiveness of wildcard certs was kind of a determining factor to set up lets encrypt in the first place, iirc

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

RISCy Business posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdWgvJRHA0s

this is a good (and funny) talk on pentesting, also covers pentesters and "0day"

Hilarious... ill think of this when i look at my big rear end paycheck for hacking your poo poo..if you guys did your jobs our industry would have to get bent. Until then ill pop shells, laugh at losers like you, and make more and more money!

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
i have phone hopped a bit, and i know it falls under "old man yelling at clouds" poo poo, but man the choices are not great.

with iphones they removed the headphone jack to save .01mm of space (and also to sell you air budzzzzz)

with androids, all of the nexus phones are great handsets until they mysteriously break a year later because there's a design flaw in the power button (n5) or just straight up refuse to boot one day (n5x). the closest manufacturer that is aosp adjacent that doesn't make dumpster fire handsets is oneplus.

but hey, nokia has a new handset out guyzzzzz

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

ate all the Oreos posted:

what weird european country are you from where they call them "handsets" i've only ever heard that in relation to landline phones

cellular telephony endpoints

to your question, the worst European country of them all: south florida

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I genuinely liked the nokia win7 handset I had, it was a solid device that had zero app support. had wordament, though.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I won't tell anyone that you lived in orlando

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
you must report any gifts totaling larger than $100 combined with questions about what to do when you're at a baseball game with a vendor or customer

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Volmarias posted:

:haw: Well I tried to use the original document, but word told me that it was too old so it converted it to a new one, I'm not sure I'm not good at computers

:doink: Neither am I, that sounds plausible. Case dismissed!

Seriously though, I love that there's always some new way for Microsoft's font handling to screw people over.

is this an "oh day"?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
i think win7 forces you to put in a password hint, so i think i set mine to "PASSWORD TIME!!!!!!!!!"

it's a good hint

(as i type my password into gchat for the 50th time)

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

flakeloaf posted:

focus is wonderful isnt it

nah, it's that i don't have a lock timer setup, so if the monitor is off and i don't wiggle the mouse, there's a good chance i'll just slam my password into irc or something

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

why don't you press Windows + L every time you leave your desk??

i may or may not have an elaborate mirror set up that allows me to look at the computer monitor from the bathroom

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
if you're in an office that hasn't disabled the intel graphics shortcuts, rotating people's screens is a fantastic driveby way to mess with unlocked machines

it's ctrl+alt+arrow key iirc

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

never mind, don'tt g o to DEFCON

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
cool, gchat is now adding %source=hangouts to links so now i get to click a link twice because

HEY: WARNING: THIS REDIRECT IS SENDING YOU TO THE SITE YOU WANTED TO GO TO

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Doom Mathematic posted:

That sounds like a mainframe.

racf 'em

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

NFX posted:

e: also that pastebin link is from jan-01 2016

<MalwareTech> better not piss me off or I'll hack you with that banking bot I allegedly coded

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
popehat's been posting all day?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Gobbeldygook posted:

philosophical thing. there is a population of computer touchers who consider any and all ads to be an unacceptable imposition on their right to look at websites for free. it doesn't matter if it's literally just a small immobile banner ad hosted and screened by the site, they will use whatever software they have to to block it.

i basically don't do any web browsing on my phone because if it isn't a known quantity, really good chance i'm going to run into something that hijacks and tries to take me to the app store

but pinky promise, right?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
also don't trust anything laura loomer says, she's the moron with the dry rotted "slashed" tires from last month

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Mo_Steel posted:

Can't wait to have a password manager implanted in a chip in my arm that I unlock with a specific set of hand gestures along with a voice password and then find some way to get it to autotype using my nerve endings, let's get this techno future going already.

Make the wrong gesture or give the wrong voice password and the chip fries itself. :black101:

*jerking off motion*

"i'm in"

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

it just works!

and works
and works
and works
and works
and works
and works

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

wow that's like 10000% markup on brown paper bags

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
not being satisfied with just loving up the UI, wunderground has gone the extra mile https://help.wunderground.com

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
the first thing i had to do working helldesk was find a vendor to dispose of hard drives

i think my boss was expecting a shredder, but whichever company came had a little electronic press that would just bend the platter in one spot. works for me. vOv

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
you get free credit monitoring!

you get free credit monitoring!

we all get free credit monitoring!!!!!!

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Lain Iwakura posted:

i'd like to joke that for once a breach has lead to jailtime but we both know that it won't happen

that would be unfair

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
it was either an honest mistake or an odd coincidence

i mean, we've all been there, right? accidentally unloading 2 million dollars of company stock into cold hard cash in the 24 hour news cycle and whatnot.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
https://twitter.com/rmac18/status/905923006320574466

yeah, this is going to be a weird, one-off accident

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
now's not the time to talk about cyber security, it's too soon and these cyber wounds have to cyber heal.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Lain Iwakura posted:

yeah. i am in the same boat. i dropped out three and a half years into my BA in history (was aiming to be a teacher) and ended up working on securing corporate and industrial control networks. while funny, i don't judge her credentials. i do however judge her job performance

dunking on her degree is some stemlord bullshit when her interview response asking about security was "I hope I budgeted for enough hard drives" is infinitely more damning and telling

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

hackbunny posted:

ask the many, many yosposters who own one

yeah, but you're a paranoid moron if you think that those devices aren't always recording and sending data back home or if you don't want to unlock your phone with your visage

my light bulbs have their own dns! I FUKKEN LOVE TECHNOLOGY

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

pr0zac posted:

who were the people i accused of being overly paranoid about home assistants constantly recording and sending audio to google/amazon so i can apologize?

https://www.theverge.com/2017/10/10/16456050/google-home-mini-always-recording-bug

me

I'll take an apology payment in the form of the new alexa and a bunch of smart light bulbs and like... 3 of those sweet teddy bears with the cameras inside of them

Phone fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Oct 12, 2017

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
cool

oneplus has been phoning home with all sorts of poo poo

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
hahaha https://twitter.com/thehill/status/919913359616675841

Phone
Jul 30, 2005