Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

Kyrosiris posted:

RoRG can only be obtained from act 1 bounty caches. Cache legendaries can't be obtained from other sources.

They can be found in Act IV caches, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Russad-1712/hero/60258230

I'm trying to get to a place where I can solo 70, but I've had a really slow start this season. I know I haven't optimized my gear - a lot of that is due to cash/death's breath limitations, so I haven't bothered to reroll stuff on pieces I'm not planning on keeping for long.

I guess I'm mostly just interested in where the best bang for my buck would be in targeting upgrades for the moment?

I actually rolled a necromancer after I hit 70 because I don't particularly care for the Tal's build, but I'm trying to fill out Inarius and just cannot get any more set pieces. Just the worst luck with Kadala.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
Is it better to just keep upgrading rares, or is it worth the souls cost to reforge? My limiter right now is time, so resources are a little more precious than they have been in previous seasons. Still haven't seen a puzzle ring, so even gold is an issue.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

You're missing so many crucial pieces of gear that I would barely say you're running a lightning archon wizard.

I don't think I claimed to be. You'll note I don't have archon as a skill.

E: For reference, the ice climbers are the best boots I've found. I've gambled most of my shards on boots, and have yet to see Tal's or Vyr's boots. It's DMOs and Firebirds all the way down. I'm working with what I've found, not just throwing stuff at random. Hence the question of where to focus efforts, because so far I have had little return.

Russad fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Aug 7, 2017

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

Cyrano4747 posted:

You're transmuting your spare set pieces instead of burning them, right?

What spares?
:negative:

(But yes, I am.)

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
I played for a bit last night, and the first thing that dropped was Vyr's boots, which let me cobble together an archon build that pushed me from struggling at T7, to comfortably killing things in T10/11. I then got several other fortuitous drops that finished the build.

Now I think I just need to spend some time leveling gems and trying to get a weapon upgrade.

And to cap off my night off good fortune, the last thing I did was run T10 Ubers for the season journey, which left me with a puzzle ring to use the next time I log on.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
I tried to do Boss Rush with a group last night, but never got a pop up for Kulle, and had no idea he was even dead until after everyone else got the achievement.

Anyone else run into an issue with boss fights not popping up? Just trying to figure out if there's something I can do to minimize it before trying again.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
I haven’t played WD in a while - how’s Jade these days?

Honestly the last two times I’ve picked “not DH” as my starting class, I regretted it, and with a free shadow set I’m sorely tempted to again, just to get up to speed faster.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
Hm. How will these changes impact set dungeons? I know several of them require you to intentionally limit your damage already.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
Yeah, the season reward is not an exclusive set. If you want to finish the campaign to see the story or whatever before you hop into adventure mode, you can still find the pieces of the Barb set even if the season ends.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

hampig posted:

How did you find boss rush on the switch? I found it significantly harder than any previous season (my 5th run to the usual 1, maybe 2) and I'm not sure if it's because I was just undergeared from starting a couple of weeks ago, or the long load times on the switch were adding minutes to the clock.

It took me about 9 attempts and I usually do it in 1 or 2. But I’ve only ever done it with an impale DH, and this time I was using a WW barb so I’m not sure the load times were the problem.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
I think most guides have you go to all the variable spawns first, in order of difficulty to find, but I generally do it by act: 5, 3, 4, 1 then 2. I prefer that way because I don’t have to remember a list of bosses and which act they’re in.

I’m sure you can find some guides on google, but really I think it’s more just understanding that you need to abandon a run if a boss is taking too long to find.

The best way to do it is probably just to find one or two other people and split run.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

big cummers ONLY posted:

HotA owns but I prefer WW for netflixing

I tried WW last season, and I don’t think I “got” it. I was way too squishy, and didn’t feel like I was doing enough damage to reliably do T13 without dying moderately often, whereas usually I can just snooze my way through stuff unless I’m pushing grifts.

Maybe I’ll try it again next season with the buffs.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
I played for about 30 minutes, clearing level 1 and then selling some stuff in town, then quit. Went back last night to dive a little deeper, and realized you have to manually save before exiting.

Man, the 90’s were a wild time in gaming.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
On switch I rolled a HC crusader and claimed a challenge rift cache for him. I managed to upgrade a gyrefalcon to cube, but I’m still only level 16. Hopefully once I hit 20 and unlock BS I can start speeding to 70.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
I assume that was a typo and they meant A1.

But if it wasn’t, it’s also worth noting that T6 bounties are the first to give you a guaranteed legendary drop. At a minimum I think you want t2 because it’s a 50% drop?

...Unless that’s changed.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
Well, got the GR45 conquest on a HC crusader to close out the season on Switch. Then started leveling gems and stupidly died in a GR60. You died as you lived, friend: as an afterthought.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

Rinkles posted:

I'm guessing you lose anything not in your stash?

Yeah. I was dumping stuff into the stash between rifts, so not a big loss. It was just a random assortment of ancients and some mid-40’s legendary gems. And I had the foresight to level a gem of ease in case I want to keep screwing around in HC.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
You mean Boon of the Hoarder, or you’re in for a bad time.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
Pretty sure they rolled that back to a single new tab, my dude. The spaghetti code can’t handle every player having that much storage, apparently.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

Kheldarn posted:

You can edit the wheel to remove garbo like Necro from it… :ssh:

But then you wouldn’t even have to spin the Demon Hunter Wheel at all?

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

Lactose Is Wack posted:

Does anyone have issues with their game stuttering on a fairly newer computer?

I've got a 2600X and GTX 1660 that sees some stuttering / fps loss in game. I've tried some of the settings with vsync, turning down the sound quality and whatever else seems to be common fixes when googling but nothing seems to make it go away completely.

I was having issues until Sunday. Tested the RAM, which came up clean. Updated drivers through GeForce Experience and did a reboot. Seems to be okay now, but I honestly still don’t know what the issue was. Don’t think it was driver, but maybe? Game was running fine until one day it wasn’t, and now it’s fine again. :iiam:

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
What’s up with the hellfire ring on Switch? Squirt only seems to sell the plan for the old level 60 rings.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Did you already buy it, maybe? I just checked my own game and both of them are in the shop.

EDIT: Oh wait they still show even if you bought them once.

Also the picture is sideways for some reason.

I switched characters and the plan shows up. Maybe you have to be level 70 for it? Weird.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
I think the best tip for HC is know that your character is dead. Might be cause you pushed at a difficulty you weren’t ready for. Might be getting stuck on some terrain. Might be your internet provider or Blizzard’s servers dropping out for a second. But it’s going to happen, so enjoy the ride.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

tetsuo posted:

To kill him? Go here -

and take the central portal to the Soulstone Chamber.

You can hover over the little demon head next to some waypoints to find the boss-level mob that's accessible there. (Belial, Adria, etc) if you're still leaning where they're all at.

On console, one of the triggers should tell you the boss names.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

wet_goods posted:

I still shudder when anyone says "looking for baal?"

H... how often does this happen to you?

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
This happened to me last season and after seeing someone else’s comment about it, I made an alt and did bounties and got the plans immediately.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
I don’t have my Switch handy, but based on another diablo thread pretty sure my code is 5307-0485-5998

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
My free primal this season was Leoric’s signet

Womp womp

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

unicr0n posted:

Set Dungeons are horrible, especially ones you need to willing downgrade your damage to even have a chance at them. I'm especially salty this season as I'm playing on PS4 and really want to finish guardian, but the 'kill all bosses in 20mins' and 'play campaign in 1 hour' just don't seem possible on console so I'm stuck doing the gem, gr55 dungeons and master 8 set dungeons if I want to complete Guardian.

Boss Mode is harder on Switch, but I’ve been able to complete it every time it comes up. Not sure about other consoles, but I would think it would be similar. I’ve managed it with Shadow DH and a chicken WD speed build.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
In my experience, no one knows how to run splits on Switch. Best advice I can give you is to host the game yourself, because if the host disconnects, any act that hasn’t been turned in for completion gets reset.

The actual etiquette is for folks to go to different bounties and clear them solo. Usually people will pick an act, clear their bounties, and then start whatever act is left when they’re done. But the important thing is just to go to a bounty no one is doing.

On Switch I basically just make public bounty games and hope for the best. Sometimes people show up and clear solo. More often, people will just follow me around hoovering up loot as I clear.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
I finally decided that I was going to finish all of the set dungeons I hadn’t done yet.

It’s been a long time since I have done some of them from other classes so my memory of them may not be the best, but it definitely seems like monk has just the worst? I only had Sunwoku’s finished, but the rest of them were just tedious, unfun nonsense. (Even in the context of how set dungeons themselves are tedious and unfun.)

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
The first character I ever made was a necromancer, I was so pumped to make a skeleton summoner. Of course, it was hot garbage. A few years after they added synergies I went back and made one and it was good! And fun! I'll probably pick up the remaster just to goof off a bit with a skelemancer, and try out some of the other class synergies that I never got to.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
There’s an ethereal hunting community. Pretty easy to get into a snapshotted level 12 game and murder things. I got the achievement done in about 6 or so hours over two days. (Did have a 70 gem of ease to get a new character to level 16+ quickly).

No good for usable ethereals, but it works for getting the transmog unlock.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

Chakan posted:

Those are called “ethereals” and they’re the seasonal mechanic this season, the devs have said that these ones are not getting integrated into non-seasonal once the season ends. You’ll still have them on your standard character, they won’t get scrubbed from your inventory at seasons end, you just won’t be able to find new ones. The season is less than a month old I think so there’s probably 8-12 weeks left.

From the season patch notes, re: ethereals:

“Ethereals only drop in Seasonal play, and will not transfer to your non-seasonal character when the season ends.”

You don’t keep them when the season is over, so enjoy it while it lasts.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
Once you finish A1 Q3, Cain will identify everything in your inventory at once.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
Curses! is one of my go to conquests on PC, but it’s essentially impossible on Switch. I did the set dungeons this season as my third, and with a Gem of Ease it wasn’t bad. All of the necromancer set dungeons are extremely easy, if you are wondering about a second class to try with.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

Mind over Matter posted:

This is normal on PC too.

As far as I am aware, the only time you can go over your shard cap is when a season ends and the system adds all your seasonal shards to your non-seasonal ones. You can go over the cap, but you can't earn more until you spend down.

On PC, you’ll pick up shards until your cap, and the remainder will be left on the ground. So if you have 475/500 shards and a 30 stack drops, you’ll cap and have 5 shards on the ground.

On Switch, the 30 stack will stay on the ground and the game will tell you you’re capped.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
I have played D3 since launch, I play and complete every season (on PC and Switch), I have D2R and enjoy it.

And I made it to maybe level 20 in the beta? It was so slow to load (sometimes took 5+ minutes to get into the game, sometimes took 2 to 3 minutes to get back to my desktop after quitting) that playing it meant I had to have a decent chunk of time to set aside to play. And then when I did get in, I just found it very slow and not very engaging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
It's pretty late in the season, so a lot of activity has dropped off. It also won't pair you with people of different difficulties. This late in the season I'm not surprised (even in HC) that people aren't playing T4.