Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
How fast can you farm sets? I'm not sure about all the classes yet and don't want to commit to a Season's Journey-set if the other sets are very hard to grind out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Thanks.

An additional question: How soon can access & beat a Greater Rift?

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Dameius posted:

As soon as you hit 70 if you level by rifting.

Cool.

I'm not though, I'm rolling through the campaign to get through the story. It is much worse than I remember Diablo 2 being. I'll look into rifting and adventure mode once I'm done with that.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
How likely is Kenai to upgrade a Rare into a set item (or class-specific legendary in general)?

Which is the best way to farm specific bracers and/or jewellery?

TIA :tipshat:

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

McLarenF1 posted:

Each class can only upgrade a yellow rare to a certain number of orange legendaries. You can see those item lists here on D3 planner. Also keep in mind you can use Kanai's Cube to convert set items to another one in that set, so if you have 2 sets of boots, you can convert one into another piece of that set that you're missing.

Insanely good link, but it only tells me probabilities of Kenai or average Dragon's Breath for upgrading — am I missing something?

KenBearlLOLOL posted:

a) depends on the drop table for that character/item slot combination, but I'd avoid upgrading rares for anything but weapons and jewelry like the plague.

b) For bracers, just gamble. For jewelry, upgrade rares and/or reforge. Some pieces of jewelry are considerably harder to roll well than others, e.g. it's way easier to get a good Squirt's Necklace or Traveler's Pledge or Convention of Elements than a Flavor of Time, Ring of Emptiness, Halo of Karini or Krysbin's Sentence, mostly due to how many rolls you need to get right at once on the latter items.

So which is the best way to earn alt-class gear? Do Bounty Caches drop any other legendaries but their act-specific ones?

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Suburban Dad posted:

You use DBs when you upgrade rares. If the number of them is less than others in the pool then you have a better chance getting that one to drop, upgrade, or gamble that specific one vs. the others. Whatever rare item type you upgrade gives you the same type from that pool. So if you upgrade a rare DH cloak, you'll always get a cloak from the pool linked. Let me know if it still doesn't make sense.

This makes sense, cheers!

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Completely unrelated but which is the easier conquest : 45 GR with only uniques or killing 350 things in one cursed chest?

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Alright cool, I should have my stupid pet and portrait soon :tipshat:

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Is there a consensus on when you should switch from Emeralds to Diamonds in your armour on GoD Demon Hunter? I'm Paragon ~800.

Nfcknblvbl posted:

The GoD Hungering Arrow build is SO FAST!

Edit: I don't think I'll ever get a good ancient version of either Focus or Restraint.

I'm right behind you, usually average 2:30-3 minutes at 85. How far have you gone Greater Rifts?

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

euphronius posted:

God is the most ridiculous build in d3 I love it

This is my first time playing and I might have ruined all other classes & builds for myself.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
I just put together a Vyr Archon set up and it is a nice change of pace. Bouncing between shapes and surviving in human form takes some practice, but so far it has ben surprisingly powerful even without well-rolled gear or even the Endless Walk-set.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Is there any use for money in the lategame, beyond Empowering (?) GRs?

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I used to be going up in gold every day but now that I'm doing GR 105+, it's staying at around the same level between that and DB & key farming. Having an Avarice Band & Boon of the Horder in your farming build is a must 'cause these 110 million gold empowered greater rifts will catch up to you.

Yeah I'm not worried about running out, I'm just surprised how little use there is for gold beyond empowering GRs.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Is there a Goon discord/in-game org? I want to hang out with sane people and do poo poo.

Cefte posted:

This is a very old-man-misses-the-point question, but is there any way to disable the seasonal effect, while remaining in season? I have difficulty tracking all the colours at the best of times, and when the 'buff' decides what I really need is a field of vision one third the size and filled with cyclones, I run into problems.

On some dark maps it terrible how little vision you get :colbert:

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Cheers

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Is Reforging the best way to get those sweet 2x crit + socket + something else on jewellery?

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Snacksmaniac posted:

The Insurgents. Eat the rich. Yeah but still (sometimes)

I really need to finish this season for my rewards. What are the easy conquests?

Do the LoD and gold one. IIRC there was another to clear a level 70 GR as well? Those three are all easy.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Anyone play Vyr Archon? Which version do you prefer (Cold, dual element, Aughild, Strongarm Bracers &c) and what percent CDR feels good?

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

Other PTR thoughts -- you can almost make a pretty fun LoD build for Magic Missile now but it really needs at least one more multiplier, ideally on Mirrorball. The speed at which you can shotgun those things is amazing.

Is there a tenable speed build for Wizards?

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
How painful is it to gear Crusader or Necromancer? Did anyone try plain Masq/Bone Spear in the PTR?

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
I've never played Necro (or Crusader) so I guess I'll start with that! :tipshat:

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Wait what's this T6 clone leveling thing?

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

jabro posted:

There are some waypoints with shrines right by them so you can quickly start your shadow clone. Have them murder everything in sight then go to the next waypoint in the list after the clone’s time runs out. You can level to 70 in less than an hour if done efficiently.

maxroll.gg and icy veins have the rundown on it.

Gonna check this out, leveling through rifts is unbearable coming from GoD or PoJ builds.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Is Rat better than Bone Spears for solo speed runs & T16s?

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Yeah just wondering for laters, cheers.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Im_Special posted:

After seeing all this solo high level GR necro play, I now regret going DH, not sure I have the heart to level up another guy and since I already blew my gift set on my DH... ugh. FU game.

Just gamble for the set + Haunted Visions, didn't take me long to farm the fotm set for each class last season.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

WarMECH posted:

Would be great if the defining piece of this seasons set for Necro wasn't a rare amulet that never loving drops. Seriously it should be the 6pc bonus of the set not an entirely separate item.

I haven't had much time to play but might just go Monk or something and farm the Necro set through Kedala.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
I hated doing Uli but I am a dumb baby so it might not actually be that difficult.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Im_Special posted:

I've given up on Blizzard at this point but everything here sounds great! Super casuals ruin everything, glad they're getting the shaft.

Source your quotes.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
I think its stupid that for most classes the ultimate endgame consists of trying 400 grifts until you find one with appropriate tiles/mobs.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Done for this season with Necro and monk for some bounties and set dungeons. Really annoying conquests (especially the 8 set dungeons) but the 4th cube slot is fun.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Any news on season 23?

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Making numbers go up is insanely loving cool

Dangerous overlap between this thread and cspam economics thread.

Sarsapariller posted:

I got back into D3 this month and really enjoyed it. I decided to try to race to do as much of season 22 as I could before it ended, rolled a wizard, and hit GRift ~45ish before I started to flag. I really enjoyed the pace of scaling and loot dropping. Getting meaningful and interesting upgrades every night was cool. I finished the Seasonal Chapters 1-4 but couldn't finish the next achievement collection purely due to the class set dungeon-The only part that kind of dulled it for me was that the hydra set was just so OP compared to any of the other sets that I tried, but didn't have a dungeon, and I didn't feel like radically altering my build and collecting a new set of legendaries in the last couple days.

The set dungeon sucked but at least I got a cool necro banner :toot:

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
What is the difference between regular and ancient puzzle rings?

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

KenBearlLOLOL posted:

Ancient puzzle rings give you a vault that replaces all the random trash spawns with full-blown treasure goblins so instead of 3 goblins (of various types) plus Greed, you get those plus 10+ regular treasure goblins.

Nice, is it possible to get that effect randomly? I've uninstalled D3 for now, but I'd be down to share in any future seasons.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

paid money to post posted:

The Rathma changes have been growing on me for T16 and low level GRs. The rune that makes AotD follow you around feels like Inarius with actual damage. Basically, it's Lazymancer 2.0.

Down to clown with some more Necro season 23 :getin:

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Bone Spears from this season was nice, but then I couldn't be arsed to push much so never had to optimise.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

I gotta stop playing Mirror Image Firebird Wiz on PTR before I spoil myself on it for the main season. It's just too fun to watch those lil wizzies tear poo poo up.

How's gearing up with Tal'? I might do Rend/WW and try Firebird on the side, if the PTR preview is correct.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

Tal’s is one of the easiest sets to gear with since you get the immediate DPS increase of meteors flying everywhere and the 6pc bonus is highly flexible with any skill multiplier.

:cheers: Might have to do Wizard next season then, especially as the follower buffs makes farming more bearable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

dead gay comedy forums posted:

never tried a fun wizard build, is chantodo's fun? Or Typhon for that matter?

I enjoyed Vyr Chantodo season 20 or 21, it is a bit stiff but in an enjoyable way, at least to me. I didn't do much high-level pushing though.