Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
ASK ME ABOUT MY BORDERLINE ALCOHOLISM
It was bracer day for my mun t16 set and my skeletal mage necro.

edit: i didn't even notice the radius roll till now, that's 12 yards on the doc

KenBearlLOLOL fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Apr 7, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006

Parker Lewis posted:

Any recommendations for a Necromancer build that is a little tankier than the Trag'Oul/Jesseth Skeletal Mages that I am currently using?

This is my first time playing Necromancer, is glass cannon kind of just their thing or is it this specific build? I do pretty well once Goldwrap is up and running and my skeletons/mages are wrecking everything in sight, but I get 1-shot more than I like when getting set up. Maybe I just need to get better at dodging.

Build this and make friends with LOD rat necros and a barb.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006

edgar_ posted:

bored in quarantine picking up d3 again for the first time in like 2 years, which class should i pick this season

Witch Doctor, because the new set is very strong for basically any way you want to play the game: fast or slow, group or solo. Barb is also a good call but it takes building 2-3 sets with variations to cover all the bases that the WD set does, and if group play matters to you, barb mostly plays support there.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
Mundunugu is the best WD speed build right now by a mile. For speed stuff you can drop most of the non-set-related, non-Barber/Gazing Demise damage buffs and add In-Geom and various movespeed-related stuff like Rechel's and Echoing Fury.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
Hey GTJustin, I guess I get to try Lexyu's Sacrifice group build sooner than I expected.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
You haven't gotten a redundant 6th piece somewhere that you can transmute to boots in the cube either?

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006

Ellaybee posted:

What’s the best WD AoE build that might give me better results with the Curses conquest? My SB build does fine with GRs around the low 90 level, but it seems to cap out around 330 kills in the Peat event. If I should be able to do it with this build I’d welcome any advice. It’s the last thing on my checklist and I’d love to check it off the list before the tendinitis in my wrist crippled me.

I did it in a group with my SB build but I'd cleared into the 110s by then anyway.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006

keseph posted:

If you're having wrist issues with SB I suspect you're not grokking where the damage is really coming from. The auto- targeting ghost above your head does 98% of the damage and you should be spamming piranhado around the spawn points to ensure the explosions hit as many targets as possible while standing in the middle of the other spawn point. The ground target for SB barely tickles, it's only there to make the ghost attack faster, but you can place them well to ensure mobs get tickled and aggro ASAP

It's funny how this is absolutely the case in low level runs but in high level GRs you can clear entire elite packs and piles of trash off of 3 casts of Phantasm.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

The only problem with Switch D3 is that the top 50 on the WD leaderboard are all hackers. What does the Mundu’z push build look like? I have the farmer with In-Geom all built

This guide has a reasonable setup although you may want to swap Creeping Death/Confidence Ritual for Rush of Essence/Swampland Attunement until you get comfortable.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006

WarpedLichen posted:

Are there any tips to getting ancients besides grind GRs nonstop?

Got this game on ps4 due to the quarantine and I got a barb and a crusader to GR 100 or so and I'm not sure it feels like progress just dropped off a cliff from how fast it was in the beginning. Also my stash is too small to gear up another class.

Besides upgrading rares (best for weapons) and reforging, optimize your grind for the most legendaries per hour. Generally this means farming whatever level of GR you can run consistently in about 2 minutes instead of working near the top of your capabilities. Running with a group of others using the same class is also a decent plan if you can swing it.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006

Snacksmaniac posted:

I’m having trouble but I think it’s because all my daggers are poo poo. My kingdom for a better chicken dagger.

For the things you need a chicken dagger for, ancient with a halfway decent damage roll is plenty. I think I use a ~2800 dps one with vit/cdr rolls for bounties since that's the only real use for the chicken. Echoing Fury for speed t16, the better of your Barber or Harvester for GRs, Barber only for high-level group GRs.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006

Gaukler posted:

Spirit barrage mundu with an in-geom in the cube got me through the boss rush with about a minute to spare, and I died on urzael because I thought the cutscene had triggered and he just stomped me to death instead.

I want to make a patterns monk next but I’m not sure they can match the level of zoom.

It's about a push at t16 but they stay fast and stable a lot higher into speed GRs. Mun is excellent at fast lower-level runs up to about gr85 and slower runs in the 105+ range but that area in between those levels is much better for Patterns (or WW barb). The other upside for Mun is that you don't have to build a completely different set to do 120+ in groups like monk or barb do.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006

Sanctum posted:

Today I learned you could re-roll enchantments more than just 1 time. I wonder what other basic mechanics I am missing. I gather that the loot you find is limited by how deep you've gone into the GR, since I'm suddenly finding new types of legendaries after pushing further in.

Figured out how to play online with the switch, so that's made things interesting. I'm guessing the playerbase on the switch is a little more casual than the PC players. First guy I played with went into GR56 and died right at the portal, I was sure he was gonna quit but he was a real trooper and stuck it through even though he died a lot. Since then I've just let other people pick the GR level and kinda hang back until I see their health drop then I clear a few screens real quick.

Piercing ray of frost seems... dreadfully underwhelming. I have 38% cold damage bonus whether I want to or not because it's just the best gear I have right now, but as far as pushing deeper the only method I've figured out is Manard's Heal + Wyrdward and lightning everything.

The only thing that changes the types of items that can drop with higher GR levels is that once you clear gr70 solo, primal ancient items (ancients where all affix rolls are maximum value) unlock and can drop. They're about a 1 in 400 chance on any given legendary drop at that point. GR70 solo gives you one for free but no guarantees it'll be useful (or even playable by your class). For pushing deeper into GRs on any class, finishing a full 6 piece set and adding complementary legendary items in the rest of the slots will take you a long way. On wizard, the best performing GR solo builds seem to be Vyr's Archon (6p set and a whole bunch of other legendaries to go with) and Legacy of Dreams Hydra (uses the Legacy of Dreams gem that gives you massive bonuses for ancient items if you don't have any set bonuses equipped). Both of them get a lot of their defense from Storm Armor and the Halo of Karini ring's legendary affix that reduces incoming damage by up to 80% every time your storm armor shocks something 15 yards away.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
1500 bounty mats into reforging these rings and...

the avg dmg or IAS trifecta that beats this just isn't gonna happen for me.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006

Sanctum posted:

What is the effect that causes mobs to be stuck in a resisting all damage state while they are being sucked into a black hole. Is it just that my fracture decoys are casting the black hole and it does 10% dmg? I am playing on a switch lite and this is a problem because my auto-targeting is largely outside of my control and if some trash mob is dying a lengthy death I am focusing on it instead of very deadly spear tossers just outside my visual radius (moving south-anything really sucks!)

I wish I had some way of actually communicating with other people on the switch. I've mostly been playing with this duo but I have all these 'friends' who I am unable to communicate with other than backstepping impatiently but staying clear of the rift because I respect their need to inventory.

Black Hole in general is janky like that. The real fun is when it interacts even more poorly with other classes' crowd control skills and leaves mobs permanently stuck on 1hp, for example an elite or two on gr110+ so you don't get any progress orbs for killing them. The moral of the story is to avoid Black Hole in groups.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
Guess I'm crafting Crimson pants now.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
The seismic slam rune that dumps all your fury is actually way better than boulder toss since it plays into the set bonuses. Cubing In-Geom also solves your leap cooldown problems way better than Reaver does, unless you're trying to do progression runs with Leapquake because you don't have ww or frenzy built and/or you hate yourself.

edit: In-Geom can also turn Threatening Shout into spammable Avalanche+Earthquake to kill the next elite you hit

KenBearlLOLOL fucked around with this message at 08:20 on May 15, 2020

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006

Kheldarn posted:

Yeah, I think they just killed the new WD set with that:

Witch Doctor - Spirit Barrage: The Spectres from the Phantasm rune no longer benefit from pet bonuses.

If this is only referring to MOJ/Enforcer, WD may still be the group trash killer unless one of the new sets/old set buffs really blows everything out of the water. The only competition in groups this season was nova necro and losing Nayr's Black Death (325% damage bonus in most builds) and Trag'Oul's Corroded Fang (200% bonus) from their cube is more painful than losing MOJ/Enforcer.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
Now is a great time to play necromancer since rats and nova can both cube 3 weapon effects.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

So I was goofing around last night leveling gems to see if I could hit a GR 60 (I'm used to HC and take things very very slowly) and accidentally nuked a GR70 without trying or dying. I've already deactivated all my pet based buffs in preparation for when the character rolls over to non-seasonal and my gems are only like 40s so I thought it would take longer! my first primal was... Stormshield =(

Anyways I wanted to check out GR pushing and every video is like 15-20 minutes so I found this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhfB3cOTvz8

and its far and away the best build guide for this Mundu set online, i think. I learned a lot about how the Barber straight up lies to you about how the ability works and I just didn't understand what was happening on screen at all. I feel much smoother playing this already auto-pilot build now.

Yeah, as far as i can tell this is the only build guide video out of all the d3 content that exists that manages to be both correct and concise.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006

Pixelante posted:

Can anyone recommend a build for a Necromancer and a Demon Hunter? There are heaps of them on Icy Veins but I don't know enough to get a sense of which ones to aim for. Mostly want to be clearing regular and Greater Rifts.

The best recommendation for both of them is to wait for the patch to hit and build the new sets, and then for Necro, build LOD corpse explosion or generators afterward.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006

Dysgenesis posted:

If LOD corpse explosion necro is viable next season then I'm going all in.

Here's a short explanation of the build over PTR video of a 3-man GR145 where LOD Corpse Explosion was the only DPS. Obviously Raxx has a ton of paragons but even without them it should still be a reasonable secondary choice in 4-man as trash clearer if you don't want to run a WD, and I've seen other videos with Corpse Explosion in speeds/solos.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
The interesting thing is that the group build resets the cooldown with Blood is Power by just having the monk stop healing for a few seconds.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
Thanks for helping out in this monster season, goons. I came back after years away from the game and blew way past anything I thought I'd be able to do.

WD, wiz, barb, and monk all made the solo leaderboards, with top 250 barb, top 125 wiz, and top 100 WD.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
2778 after turning in the 135 clear with a little over an hour left in the season. I'm pretty sure GTJustin was the only goon that beat my paragons this season.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006

Huge_Midget posted:

Christ I need to run with goons from now on. Is there a clan I should join?

There's both a community and a clan named LLJK. I'm trying to add active goons to the clan, and we've got a smallish core of people that are building for 4-player xp runs and push runs in the community and the Discord.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
Add LoD Grim Scythe necro to the meta trash clearer list too.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006

Kheldarn posted:

Word is LOD Poison Scythe is Best Necro for S21...

For high GR solo or 4p meta groups, absolutely. For anything you want to move fast for, LOD rat is still going to be better.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
DH next season- Unhallowed Essence Multishot, Shadow Impale, GoD Hungering Arrow all are good options for solo t16/GRs. Barb is all Wastes Rend/WW variations for soloing. Sorry about the WW guide being fairly old but none of the relevant gear or skills were changed between s19 and s21, and s20 WW had different gear requirements/options with 2-3 rings in the cube and Focus/Restraint equipped.

The frenzy set is very good and can push pretty high on solo GRs but it comes up short of WW for both speed farming and pushing.

KenBearlLOLOL fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jun 24, 2020

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
Filthy console players, PC casuals, and tryhards are all welcome on the discord. I just finished off the builds lists for each class on there, linking to video guides when available (and d3planners if not) for basically every potentially relevant build for t16 rifts/bounties, solo speed GRs, 4p speeds/xp farming, and 4p GR120-150 pushing. I also compiled videos on fast leveling and linked a video and d3planners for going from fresh 70 through farming with the Haedrig's Gift sets this season.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006

Mind over Matter posted:

But I'm asking "How/why does that work, what does Strafe piercing change about Momentum at all?"

Strafe piercing won't change anything about momentum stacks because projectiles from the 4p GoD bonus don't give you Momentum stacks even if they come from a pierced Strafe projectile, but Valla's does do something useful: since the 4p GoD bonus that fires off generators has a 9 frame internal cooldown and triggers on one of your Strafe projectiles hitting an enemy, if you end up with a 7 or 8 frame Strafe breakpoint (1.66-2.13 aps iirc) the Valla pierces' delayed damage (or rockets from that strafe rune) can add in 4p GoD triggers when you otherwise wouldn't get them. There's a big text dump translated from the chinese d163 forums that goes into further detail, and Wudijo has a couple videos that discuss it as well.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006

This rat's gonna be real good when it's done.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
Diablo Immortal has shown us that the Party did not approve of the season 20 meta.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
I usually build LOD characters as alts. Last season I put together LOD hydra wiz and mage necro from drops on my WD and gambling/upgrading the rest of the pieces as necessary with mats/shards from WD and WW barb farming. I'm currently working on LOD mage and scythe builds for necro with shards/mats from playing zbarb and GOD dh.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006

Waroduce posted:

+yard pick up is a required secondary stat on many higher end GR push or support builds. Like when you start pushing 120s you kinda want it and by the time you get to 130ish you absolutely need it, particularly on the zmonk it is critical since you shouldn't be moving your pad of life very often (cause you're making your RGK specifically and anyone else relying on you to live move with you. )

It also syncs well with alot of the +life %, vitality stacking and +health from globes you want to be optimizing for as you push higher

Theres a variant of the standard zbuild that uses braces of glory or someshit to pop grey globes that makes use of the + area pick up as well I have been asked to build out but :effort:

Radius on zmonk is a "nice to have if you can get it" stat at best. It's significantly less valuable than CDR (maximum rolls necessary for permanent epiphany), globe bonus (since your shield abilities scale with it), IAS, RCR and all res. Running a non-WD trash clearer in your group makes radius even less valuable since WD damage is dependent on keeping Gruesome Feast stacks but none of the other trash clear/RGKs actually have any globe synergies, and even in WD groups the barb should be able to handle stacking GF before the Phantasms get set down since the barb generates most of the globes and should have radius on the items their meta set shares with their rat/GOD group set.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006

McLarenF1 posted:

On a separate note, I'm up to Paragon 1205 and I started messing around with other build options on my GoD DH now that I've got Level 100 augmented ancient gear for every slot minus non ancient chest and annulate, and non-augmentrd weapons. I ended up swapping my Squirts/Fortress Ballista for Flavor of Time/Vallas which lowered my sheet damage from 2.8M to 2.2M, my crit from 60/550 to 55/450, but upped my area damage from 50 to 90. I'm dying occasionally now, but I'm also procing more Hungering Arrows so it seems worth it as I clear trash much better (I mostly focus on group play).

Valla's/Flavor vs Fortress/Squirt's in groups comes down to two things: your strafe breakpoint and how well you can keep up the Squirt's buff. If you're only p1200 you'll probably have issues keeping up Squirt's even with the shield, and if you're in the breakpoint dead zone between 1.66 and 2.15aps too you'll definitely get better results from Valla's/Flavor. Eventually it gets a lot easier to keep squirt's stacked as you add more para dex and improve your gear, and 2.15aps will cut down on the gap between procs significantly if you're not using Valla's or Rocket Storm for additional hits. Most of the group setups will lean toward Fortress/Squirt's in the long run because the Squirt's buff ends up being more valuable than the extra procs and double pylons in short runs.

Waroduce posted:

I think we are talking past each other a bit and saying more or less the same thing. If youve got pieces with the right stat distribution (hopefully on the high end of everything) including ancients, CDR and good rolls across the board, + radius and +health globes are your next optimization step and make a huge difference in push. The monk should be grabbing globes to tske advantage of the +health globes on his poo poo in general

Nah, we're not talking past each other here. Globe bonus isn't the roll you add after you get all the IAS/CDR/RCR and toughness stats on ancients. It's about as important to a zmonk as crit stats are to a DPS character, just tucked away in the secondaries- not because it scales the healing from globes, but because every buff you bring to a group that the group can't get from other support classes scales directly with it, and as a result a non-ancient item with globes is much, much better than even a primal with the same primary affixes without globes.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
Yeah, the holy trinity of zmonk stats is CDR (all perfect rolls is the #1 requirement), then IAS and globe bonus on about the same level. The only one of those stats that actually scales up with getting an ancient? Globes. Getting to 200k+ globes is a massive deal- at 200k the Mantra shield is about 50% more effective and that skill in and of itself is most of the reason a non-WD group wants a zmonk. Getting ancients just makes it easier to stack toughness so you survive, adding globes makes it easier to keep everyone else alive.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006

Dameius posted:

They should have as a mid season bumper Greater Rift Goblins. Basically like the other goblins, sacks of HP you have a time limit to DPS down, but instead of giving you loot they drop like 8 or 10 progress orbs.

No thanks, GR pushing doesn't need even more RNG factors than it already has.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006

Dameius posted:

You would not be able to burn a goblin down before it escaped unless you managed to keep it in the direct middle of a big density pack.

... or if you walked up with a conduit active since that's how elites die anyway. If you put 8-10% additional progress in the middle of a rift for basically no risk to the player, they'll fish for a run that gets it even if it means getting lucky with a gob staying in piles or finding a convenient conduit next to one. poo poo, there's already plenty of "40% progress from one conduit" examples out there, that idea would just bump the top end of conduits to 50% of the rift if it's situated and played right. I'd much rather not have that even if it meant occasionally shaving 10 seconds on a 2 minute speedrun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
Hey, at least sometimes you can't accidentally click her because she spawned 40 yards away up a staircase :v: