Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

ExplodingSims posted:

Netflix got rid of all the good episodes of Futurama. What the gently caress guys. :smith:

I was pissed when they got rid of Initial D before I was done with it :argh: Netflix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

spog posted:

I am genuinely interested in the logistics of this:

Did you go for a piss every 20mins, throughout the entire evening? Do you have a TV mounted above your cistern, so you can follow the plot?

Do you have a bladder with a gallon capacity and spend a solid 10 minutes doing your impression of a firehose at the end of the night?

Or do you simply wander around your yard for the entire evening, with your cock out, simultaneously drinking and leaving a trail of piss?

This is why I never understood drinking (loving expensive) beer at sporting events and concerts. You're spending half the time standing in line to take a piss instead of enjoying the event you paid a lot of money to go to.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Say what you will about Indiana, if you want land and space you can't beat this place.

We almost bought a house near Buffalo for the same reason, cheap, lots of sq ft and land but then we saw the loving ridiculous NY property taxes and remembered we'd have to actually live there in the poo poo weather and said yeah no thanks we'll just keep our little house in FL :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Cage posted:

Yeah FL is for sure better because :thunk:

Because of the reasons I just said? Weather loving sucks and NY taxes make it completely undesirable.

Don't get me wrong I love Buffalo, but the money grubbing state of NY can eat a bag of dicks.

Go Bills

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I lived there for two years so I'm entitled to my opinion jerks :colbert:

Florida is good on it's own because it's not New York :)

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I fire customers all the time, it's my job :)

I love evicting assholes that think once they are checked in they own the place, the look of disbelief on their faces when the police tell them we literally don't need a reason to evict them is priceless.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Hmm, that reminds me, I have an old Sony high end CD player from the early 90's that ran when parked but isn't working anymore. Is it worth it to get it fixed? I'm sure just getting it diagnosed locally is gonna cost at least $60 or more....Any good places online i could ship it off too? Anyone here wanna take a shot at it?

[edit] and by shot I don't mean literally shoot it ok

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Jul 7, 2017

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Wrar posted:

AI Dads/Moms how nervous should I be since my wife is due any time now.

You won't be nervous really, at least i wasn't. More like disbelief when it actually happens, like wow is this really happening?

Then it all sinks in and you're back to reality when you bring your child home the first time....Your life is changed forever.

angryrobots posted:

Enjoy the late pregnancy horny-ness while it lasts, you're about to have a dry spell.

Lol this too :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Awww cute kids. Post your kids instead of cats and dogs :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

keykey posted:

As long as the kid doesn't come out a crack baby or with fetal alcohol syndrome, you're already ahead of the game.

Pretty much. Biggest thing I was worried about was any health issues, once there's a clean bill of health it's a relief.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

So an old "friend" of mine I ditched back in the 90's because he was a fake shady rear end in a top hat just got arrested for defrauding a bunch of people for over 200k, and I'm having a really hard time not being all :smug: about it because my brother still hung out with him and didn't get what my problem was with him.

Charges are Scheme to Defraud, Grand Theft, and Theft from persons 65 years of age or older, guess that means he'll be going away for awhile?

Oh and he's a single father with sole custody. I always knew he was a piece of poo poo.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

The Midniter posted:

Maybe try some ibuprofen or whatever pain pills they did give you, and some :420:?

Weed in Japan, lol good luck with that :v:

[e] best bet with back pain in that situation is yoga and/or physical therapy to help manage the pain. Also over time you actually get used to the pain and tolerate it much better.

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jul 12, 2017

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

After about a five month process, I am finally registered in the state of FL to legally use medical marijuana, I'm pretty stoked.

Hoping this is going to do the trick so I don't have to go back on loving meds :ohdear:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Thanks Rhyno, your support is awesome.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Funny you say that because legally I have to vape or eat it, smoking it is not allowed :flame:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

You Am I posted:

Wait, really? That seems like a silly requirement. You'd think smoking it would be a better way of transferring the THC to your blood system.

The law just passed so they're still working out the kinks. There's a group of lawyers that are already suing the state :v:

In the meantime vaping is just fine, I prefer it.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Seriously. Smoking burns away like 85% of the good stuff. Vaping is the opposite. Woth goid temp control, you GET 90% of it. It's way more cost effective.

Pretty much. I'm old school so I'm still getting used to it. Went through one lovely cheap vaper already so I'm gonna invest in a good one. I should listen to what TCC goons say to get right? :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

BraveUlysses posted:

do they sell dank tanks? they are sealed oil tanks that you attach to a 10 dollar vape pen and work so drat well, so much easier than a standard vape with bud.

I think that's how the medical stuff goes, I'm going tomorrow to the dispensary for the first time so I'll find out.

I've been vaping wax for a few months now and it was working great before the pen I got took a poo poo.

[e] I just checked their website, that's exactly what they sell. Pretty stoked.

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Jul 14, 2017

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

What makes you say that? Besides it won't stop people from smoking it even if it did happen.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

KakerMix posted:

I'm starting to think about importing kei cars from Japan and selling them over here in the US. The volume will be tiny, one car at a time and it will be exclusively kei class since that's what I've immersed myself in. The only international port in Florida they seem to be able to be delivered to is in Jacksonville, on the other side of the state from me. This means I have to figure out how to get them from over there to where I am in Sarasota (south of Tampa) and I've been looking at towing vehicles and what is needed for that. So far it seems I can expect around 1500 pounds for a tandem axle trailer (with brakes) and kei cars themselves never weigh more than 2000 lbs. As for vehicles with which to tow the trailer with I would like an SUV instead of a pickup because at least I can seat more people in it, where as if I want a pickup I'll just get a kei truck. I've been looking at J80 Land Crusiers (and the LX450, same truck) and second and third gen 4runners. I like the 4runners because it's less truck than a land crusier and they come in manual transmissions.
Is there anything I'm missing or have extremely wrong? I'm wholly ignorant on towing and what I should expect. I also want to do it right.

I would think that a J80 or LX450/470 would be more ideal for towing than a 4Runner. The big Lexus SUVs can be had cheap with higher miles, but as you know that doesn't really matter for the right truck. I would take the Lexus features over the Toyota all day long, tow in comfort gently caress it.

https://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/cto/d/lexus-lx/6220677977.html

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

KakerMix posted:

Pretty sure the reason I'm so hesitant to go for a 470 is because I feel some sort of disgust by becoming 'one of them' in a typical giant Lexus SUV fashion. That's all in my head though and it does make more sense to get a newer more comfortable Lexus. The sc300 has spoiled us so much that I've swung hard toward Toyota so in a sense I'm already one of them :v:

That's how I first kind of felt about LS430s before we got one. But it was such a good car for the price there was no way to pass it up, we love this car. And of course, most non car people have no clue about luxury car depreciation or think the car is brand new, so we had people asking us when we won the lottery or if we got a inheritance and poo poo like that :rolleyes:

I say check them out, if you gotta drive to Jacksonville and back might well be as comfy as possible.....Can't beat those seats :)

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

KakerMix posted:

Was it you that told me about the 'Lexus Drivers' webpage that Lexus has where you can plug in a vin and it will spit out every dealership service that vehicle has ever had?

I plugged in that LX 470 you had linked and it turns out that's its spent it's entire life in Buffalo New York, all the way up until Jan of this year. :ohdear:
I went ahead and asked about any rust issues and if there were any undercarriage pictures but I'm not holding my breath.

Yeah that was me. Unless that one is spotless underneath I'd pass on it, plenty more will pop up I'm sure.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I pretty much am HR. I've banned the person from the store by they are screaming that I am a bigot. It's a very touchy subject. The mall where the store is located has refused to take this seriously as well. I've been keeping quiet this but the stalker has contacted the ACLU over the banning and it's starting to get extremely frustrating.

Tell the person to gently caress off and that you are done with them, don't be nice or cordial at all, and if the ACLU comes asking (lol) tell them what happened and there's nothing to worry about.

Mall security will have to trespass the person, get with them and bribe them with a sandwich or something.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

IT'S BECAUSE I'M HANDSOME

I'm walking on eggshells here. I just don't want this to blow up. Since my first post I have left the store for the night and dude and his friend were driving around the lot and loving followed me. I had to do some evasive work to ditch them.

You bounced before, you should know that pussy footing around doesn't accomplish anything with idiots. If you havent confronted him/her already you probably should, lie and tell them the police are investigating or something, any kind of bullshit story you can think that will scare them off. And then work with mall security to try and get them trespassed from the mall, that way if they show up the police can arrest them.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I was publicly shamed as a bigot once before for turning down a dude's advances. That's why I've been eggshelling here.

Lol who cares. Publicly shamed? like how, with a megaphone? I don't get how that could even happen.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I don't think I come off as a transphobe bigot. Yeah, probably too much detail but I started word vomiting when it hit me that they started following me home after work.

Fridge is trolling obviously.

There's nothing wrong with telling someone to gently caress off when they won't leave you alone. Gender doesn't matter in that situation.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

InitialDave posted:

A factor here is the apparent willingness of his stalker to try and call him a bigot because he's rejecting them. That can only happen because the examples he's given are a gay man and someone who's transgender, so it's relevant for it to be included in the explanation of what's going on.

It's relevant in his explanation, I just think you shouldn't be afraid to reject someones advances because you're worried about repercussions based on their gender/race/religion, whatever. The whole situation is ridiculous.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I like when she likes the things I like. She loves the Miata!

So put a turbo on the Miata or LSx it or something. Problem solved :)

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Larrymer posted:

He tried so hard, and got so far. But in the end, did it even really matter?

Too soon, but I laughed.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Taking my son to see it tomorrow on IMAX looks like a good movie, I love good war movies.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Private Ryan is very good, but I haven't seen anything top Platoon yet. Best war movie imo.

We'll see tomorrow :)

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Dunkirk was a very good movie, but Christ it was unreasonably loud, like the sub woofers were distorting loud.

Maybe I'm just old, but I don't need rock concert decibels while watching a movie :shrug:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

It sounded like no one there knew how to set up audio correctly. Like how to you let horrible distortion continue without making adjustments, is there not a loving sub level knob somewhere? Or just turn down the volume geez.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Shrugs Not Drugs posted:

genitals are weird

And fun in your mouth :toot:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

scuz posted:

Some other dude on roller skates kicked me into another dude and my ankle twisted such that part of it broke. Roller derby! :confuoot:

Footage is gone but it had been live-streamed to facebook live and now it's gone. Oh well.

edit: Here's a photo of when it happened. Red box is the ankle that broke, green box is yours truly yelling "stop stop stop it's broken" spoilered cuz it's a bit macabre.

No offense, but roller derby is kind of a dumb sport to participate in unless you can afford getting injured. My wife got out of it after three girls on her team broke ankles a few weeks apart. Not worth it, ankles and wrists are always the first thing to go.

Hope you heal up quick, good luck.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Roller Derby girls can be kind of insufferable. We've gone to watch three times and they just keep bringing up how it's the fastest growing sport in America over and over again.

The guys that hang around them are even worse, like roller derby groupies, but more awkward and creepy.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

you guys realize your dunking on a posters hobby rn right

Just because the big boobied derby girl turned u down doesn't mean u need to be bitter about it ok?

Just pointing out the downfalls (pun not intended) of his hobby although he's well aware of it now I suppose.

Also my big booby wife never turns me down :smug:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

scuz posted:

Thanks for the well-wishes on the ankle. I'm going in for surgery on Friday! Baby's first surgery. How exciting.

Yeah good luck man, the surgery is no biggie it's recovery that's gonna suck. Good on you for planning on getting back on the horse tho, my wife loved it but after seeing a bunch of her friends go down it spooked her and she decided to move on. I was glad she did to be honest.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

But it's human nature man. If we were all the same color and had the same beliefs we'd segment each other based on the shape of our toenails.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

cursedshitbox posted:

Giant meteor 2020

• Locked thread