Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Barudak
May 7, 2007

Finally, At Your Fingertips: Cylinders gets updated for modern audiences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mario+Rabbids is the best game on the switch, full stop.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mega64 posted:

I hope it's "More Clothing" mode.

Itll replace all blades with Pyra and the camera in every cutscene will be locked at chest height.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Not Operator posted:

I'm mostly enjoying Xenoblade 2, but I really hate when you kick the poo poo out of a boss effortlessly in battle and they clown you in the next cutscene and that's happened in three of the last four boss fights. Or basically every boss fight against a human opponent.

Its super annoying, just let me have the win game.

This basically never stops happening and its insane

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I had the same issues in BotW and Mario and both of them gave me Sonic and the Secret Rings flashback which a goddamn Nintendo game shouldnt do.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Regy Rusty posted:

This is a truly bizarre statement

Sonic and the Secret Rings controls exclusively with the wiimote making the game a nightmare to control. Except if you play the local multiplayer in which case it lets you use the thumbstick, meaning they implemented non motion controls but refused to let you use them so youre stuck with worse controls.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Nostalgia, if you played both the first time today most would say 2 is better

The second one has less exhaustingly long diversions from the core gameplay, but I still think the first is better.

Theyre both super good and Bayo 3 is gonna be amazing.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

I’m still unsure about playing a Zelda game that doesn’t have real dungeons in it.

It does have real dungeons, theyre just not very good much like the rest of the game.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I hope the classic Sega throwback level in Bayo3 is Chu Chu Rocket

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Captain Toad is a fun game but not great, deep, or long so please do not go in thinking this is an obscure gem.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

FireMrshlBill posted:

Its fun and easy to break down into a couple minute play burts, for those times where you only play your Switch for a few minutes... you know... like on bus/subway/metro

Itd still be really middling? Just because its a bite sized snack doesnt mean it tastes good.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

I have to accept that in a post-roommate existence Smash just can’t hold my attention anymore. I will buy the Splatoon 2 expansion immediately though.

Look at this scrub who didnt create 3 children or kidnap them.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Doorknob Slobber posted:

i cant wait to emulate ps1 games on my switch

Finally, the classic Spyro Trilogy on the go

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mons Hubris posted:

Why does Japan hate Zelda

It and Metroid they always have. Its why Other M existed, it was an attempt to make a good selling franchise have more Japanese appeal and instead whoops and also I think it still sold far better outside Japan.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Bongo Bill posted:

I guess now would be a good time to start spreading the headcanon that Donkey Kong Jr. grew up to be Funky Kong

No, gently caress you Dad Kong!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Andrast posted:

PS4 is just a better PS3

Yeah, but like, a much, much, much better PS3.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Not Operator posted:

I haven't played Hotel Transylvania 1 and 2 yet tho.

Dont worry, nobody played Hotel Transylvania 2 in America, instead we got a reskinned version of Your Name Panic which is why its so weird compared to the rest of the franchise.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I will not be buying your Zune because i already have an SD and HD one.

They were awesome.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sunning posted:

SA GotY will go to some niche Japanese game, probably Yakuza

Its Panzer Dragoon Orta

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Its actually not well liked by hardcore bullet hell people. I ferget why tho. Been a while since i saw the argument come up

Everything in the game is about color swapping in enemy patterns of three which the game cant therefore ever vary from and with nothing random, leading to the game having an almost QTE/Rythm game feeling and a strict scoring system that rewards only that. Watch a highscore run and youll see how controlled it is versus other shmups.

That said thats at pretty high level, the averag person will have fun with its color swap mechanics and short length.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

I would like this game to be ported to the Switch.

You probably wouldnt.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

I played it a bit on the 3DS just before getting a Switch and though it was decent but also that it would benefit a lot from higher resolution and a bigger screen...same as I feel about most 3DS games.

It would help, but wont fix that the game becomes worse as it progresses with every new thing mercury stream added

Barudak
May 7, 2007

japtor posted:

Curious about the short length argument though. Compared to usual console games nowadays yeah, but in the context of arcade shmups it’s around average or on the longer end other than two loop games. Like I think Psikyo stuff is around 15 minutes, Cave around 20, Ikaruga is about 25. In any case they’re all about replay value of course. I think I played over 100 hours on the DC and GC versions way back.

You know, I think its fair for its era and style its a good length. I was mentally comparing it to some more recent titles in the Shmup category with more replayability features (ships, patterns, etc) and some shmups that have RPG elements to pad gameplay.

You really don't need to worry about how the high-level scoring works as a new player; its hard enough to just win.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

There is a rumored revision that will fix this which I assume will swiftly replace existing switches.

A recall makes no sense and wont happen

Barudak
May 7, 2007

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I imagine. I never played Lumines, nor have I played any of the ports I plan on getting so it's cool to be trying new/old content.

One thing to warn you is Lumines is a puzzler that demands considerable time investment every single run that you do. Its not a bite size puzzle game, every time you sit down youre in for a long haul.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I rented the Atlier game for the switch and made it to the first save point and quit. Despite having the graphical fidelity of a dreamcast title it chugs non stop to the point of feeling like I cant tell if its dropping inputs or if its just that poo poo.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Strawberry Panda posted:

He wasn't offended lol. It's just funny. Like in Resident Evil 7 there's a poster that says American Football because a Japanese dev thinks that's what an American teen would have in his room.

This is extremely accurate to Louisiana though, they even used the correct school colors for the college its an obvious reference too. Hell, the devs went an extra mile and the potato chip bags in the house are modeled after a local louisiana brand.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

What's the price point where Yooka-Laylee is really worth it?

I loved all the Rare games, in spite of their jankiness.

It is like someone released an HD version of an N64 game with exactly those design philosophies intact. They did a bunch of work to improve it from launch but its still exactly that at its heart even if now the camera isnt also the worst thing in existence.

I found it super boring and frustrating to play, but I also played the launch version and some complaints were addressed since then. Others like the incessant quiz bullshit remain

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I can not stress enough how bad the launch camera for Yooka-Laylee was and any review of that game giving it north of 5/10 at launch was unfairly generous.

They didnt fix the final boss either but the camera destroyed my will to play it or really any other 3rd person game somewhere around world 2

Barudak
May 7, 2007

We dont really need a third go round on red/blue unless it does something cool like including another entire region as postgame. Doesnt need to be Johto, literally any region is fine with me.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ive played pokemon ever since getting a wrongly addressed VHS tape promoting the game to retailers months before it came out in the states and I think Kanto is boring as gently caress and is chock full of some real bad pokemon

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Their should be a game where you just breed pokemon in a large garden and maybe beat evil pokemon with a shovel to run them off or have them explode into poke candy.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Knorth posted:

There should be a new Viva Pińata game on the Switch, yes.

It doesnt even have to be on the switch, thats the crazy part! Im desprate enough to play it on a vita!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I just want a new 2D Pokémon. Is that too much to ask for?

Have you considered asking for things that are possible? Like a pokemon daying sim called “I choose you, Pikachu!”

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Zas posted:

put all the pokemon in the game, and put them everywhere, and let me take pics of them

Only if there is a feature where I can berate pokemon for being too fat

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Pokemon go is super dull so a game taking its design cues from it seems like a bad plan.

That said we dont know poo poo and it could be awesome

Barudak
May 7, 2007

It has a turn stacking gimmick a la Bravely Default but works differently enough. The weakness system seems worrying for late game from a tedium standpoint.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

LPG Giant posted:

I didn't get it. It just changes the pronouns people use for you right? Since it didn't change the sprites it just left me confused.

There are alternate sprites for all the characters and you choose sprite and pronoun independently, not just for shovel but for every character

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Without a hint of irony Mario + Rabbids 2 is the sequel game I most want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Goldeneye, Shadows of the Empire, and NFL Blitz are extremely unlikely titles due to those liscenses no longer sitting with the same companies.

• Locked thread