Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

eonwe posted:

i thinkt he switch is good

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I had 1 disconnect issue post-patch but none after that :shrug:

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

spit on my clit posted:

I'm tired of Melee, because its been the same thing for the past few years, but smash 4 should be at least treated better by the FGC. melee is always the main event for some reason, and I just don't get why it still is.

besides, melee doesn't even have duck hunt dog.

Smash 4 is Sunday tho?

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

enojy posted:

I think Melee is finally dying. It had less entrants than Smash 4 this year at CEO, and top 8 wasn't even on the last day.

And good riddance I say, I was able to actually walk the hallways freely this year, and not have to tiptoe around countless pop-up Melee setups with a dozen nerds sitting on the floor crowded around each one.

I wouldn't mind melee going away if PM wasn't killed off by Nintendo, since smash 4 plays so differently than the earlier iterations that people prefer one or the other

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah every dude I've played with at locals/majors have been pretty chill and well functioning human beings :shrug: goons just like to be hyperbolic on the negative but what else is new

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lakbay posted:

Those are real outside of that one meme?

That's pretty much short hopping in a nutshell

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

EpicNemesis posted:

So I've decided I want a neon blue or neon red joycon set. A dude on a train had the neon switch and it was instant envy for me because it looks so much better in person than it did on any promo shot I've seen.

Lol yeeeep. Fell in love instantly, i pity grey naysayers Cuz neon makes for a lovely game-toy

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

bandaid.friend posted:

Nintendo's cultivating a reputation as 'the company that thinks of children first' even where it's not required by law or where it's inconvenient for consumers (then they release underage titty-based fighter games anyway but whatever)

I guess it's more about image than legally absolving themselves from responsibility?

https://twitter.com/DXPofficial/status/885695447649669120

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zelder posted:

I don't think there's a single case where someone owns a Wii U but not a Wii. Like, purely mathematically that has to be impossible

Me

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

acksplode posted:

I got power outlets my dude. But yeah also bringing my Anker battery, you think I'm gonna game unprepared? Please.

Did a hawaii flight with it, was :discourse:

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

dog nougat posted:

Just installed a screen protector. It's guaranteed for life which is cool, but I apparently have to wait 36 hours before docking or "heavy gameplay". I'm assuming it has something to do with letting the adhesive cure. I don't know what to do when I get home now.

Play in your bed as Iwata intended

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dr Cheeto posted:

Mario Odyssey is gonna own.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Guy Goodbody posted:

That lion centaur lighting archer thing killed me immediately, so I looked up how to kill it and the guide said to use upgraded Stasis. I've been through like ten loving shrines and still don't have the parts to upgrade stasis.

Get good.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

less than three posted:

Sonic Mania out for NA.

My God.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

^burtle posted:

Rap Thread has been trying to cope for months now.

Lol

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Yikes A Zombie! posted:

I think I'm in trouble with Binding of Isaac. It's gotten a grip on me and it's the only game I play now...

The only way I was satiated was when I got every mark for every character without hard mode. Best of luck

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mr. Fortitude posted:

and think the New Super Mario Bros games are actually pretty bad

WTF

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Only problem with splatoon 2 is a lack of good game.

Sooo Splatoon 1?

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Instabuy

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

NewFatMike posted:

This was the truth behind all video games, but now every video game would be perfect on the Switch.

This.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

SeANMcBAY posted:

The physical releases are pretty nice. I got BOI and Cave Story and they both came with really nice manuals.

Boi stickers too!!

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Switch plus travel update:

Status = Switch good

I've travelled on a 6 hour flight and had my switch the entire time. It was awesome as hell. Zelda was the star of the flight, the only part that sucked was doing a shrine that required motion controls but you can just disconnect the right joy con and it works okay.

Mario + Rabbids is so amazingly perfect for long flights, it kept me occupied for hours.

Sonic Mania is really fun. Flights do not make blue balls any easier to do. :(

I have another 6 hour flight today and am planning on more Rabbids and also probably some shovel knight.

My hotel room tv had a HDMI connection so bringing my dock was a great idea. Played splatoon2 on hotel Wi-Fi and finally got to profreshional in salmon run. :dance:

I unfortunately didn't attend any rooftop bbqs so my review of those will have to wait.

It's a very powerful tool in passing the time at airports/on a plane.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Butter Hole posted:

Just got a switch over the weekend. I picked up Mario Kart (even though I already had it for wii u) and Rabbids.

The games are fun, and re-buying MK8 is worth it for all the DLC and being able to play portable (!!). But, the best part is the hardware! This thing is so cool, I kind of wonder how they can sell it for $300 when a tablet from Microsoft is $1000 that probably has less GPU horsepower. The controller is neat too--it's really comfortable and versatile, and even using half of it is much better than I thought it would be.

I'm regretting buying third party games for my xbox already--sonic mania was great but if I had waited I could play it portable!

Anyways just wanted to get that out. I'm hype for Mario!!

Oh one weird thing though, does this thing not have any apps? It seems perfect for a web browser/netflix but the home screen is surprisingly bare. That's not why I bought it but is that stuff coming?

Greetings and welcome to the fun club. Idk when apps are coming but I hope some day in the near future

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

PantsBandit posted:

What are people's thoughts on Mario x Rabbids? It sounds intriguing, mostly because of the aesthetic around it. However it feels like the luster wears off for people pretty quickly, and that the back half of the game is frustrating due to the limitations in the mechanics. Am I right in this?

Lol

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

KingSlime posted:

i take it you got yourself a nice, beefy power pack?

*laugh track plays weakly in background*

The cool thing about long rear end flights nowadays is that everyone has an outlet near their seat and the chair in front of you is also a tablet holder so you can detach the joycons and play super leisurely. The Switch makes airplane rides pretty rad now

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

DLC Inc posted:

the mentality of being glad we don't have netflix on switch is loving mind-boggling levels of bad

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mega64 posted:

I don't buy games. I bought my Nintendo Switch solely for Netflix.

*froths at the mouth*

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Imagined posted:

But she deleted my 100% unlocked Soul Calibur 2 save on the GameCube for an Animal Crossing village AND I WILL NEVER FORGET IT OR FORGIVE

That's hosed up..

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
sunshine mario's dive to jump flip is the titsmcgee

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Achmed Jones posted:

I play in handheld mode pretty much exclusively so I will not be getting Mario until the controls are fixed. This makes me sad.

I went and hooked up my switch dock for the first time to play this, switch has been my bed console since then

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cubivore_ posted:

Ready for 2nd flight of the day

The Switch is awesome

Powerful combo

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
My brother and I played it and we had infinite lives yeah
E: that's not single player so who knows!!!

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
? What delay?

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
If anything using the joycons are gimping..

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I think the devs heard the discourse, because today's RARE blade isn't even human-esque. It's a thingamabob:

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/927070992706420736
https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/927071508182155264

Lol wtf, I'm ok with this

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
All these designs are better than anything in xcx so so far I'm ok w/ the Zora esque race was a bit trippy tho

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

General Morden posted:

please spoiler tag this!

very rude to spoil!

You find an elder scroll in the game

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
You also kill a giant elder dragon

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

goferchan posted:

good question! i know licensing deals are different overseas and I have no idea if Always Sunny is staying on there .

if I want a roguelite action game from the eshop what should I grab? already played the poo poo out of Binding of Isaac (I'll probably rebuy Enter The Gungeon when it comes out though because I haven't played any of the new content and I would love to play it in handheld mode) -- Gonner and Tumbleseed both look cool but I don't really know anything about either. Open to other suggestions too if they exist

I love Boi so I bought gonner and I found it pretty boring, not a lot of content either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

cheetah7071 posted:

It's a good thing Mario x Rabbids is a fun game because I loving hate these lovely little rabbit fuckers

why won't the game let me do a no-rabbid party

Because the rabbids are good

• Locked thread