Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

gmq posted:

I hate the jump rope in Mario Odyssey. Hate hate hate

Do it with the joycons attached to the switch. I tried over and over with the pro controller, got it first try in hand held mode. Might be a bit of input delay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Haven't played Mario Kart in like six months. People got sharp. Some Canadian in my lobby has over 33,000 points.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

I really hope there is a Mario Maker port. That is one game I am really sad I haven't been able to play.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

How is everyone enjoying Monster Hunter? On the fence about grabbing it again since I had a 3DS copy.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

PantsBandit posted:

I like it a lot, what you see is definitely what you get though. I don't really see a reason to double-dip if you already own it on the 3DS unless the upgrades to fidelity are enough for you.

Better camera controls and the rear end load of content compared to World are a draw for sure.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

PantsBandit posted:

rear end load of content that you've already played though I assume?

But yeah I didn't think about trying to control the camera on 3DS. That would definitely be an upgrade, 3DS has garbage camera controls across the board.

I didnt play much honestly. Very early into the game, and then I gave my 3DS to a friend's kid, so it would more or less be a fresh experience.

Love World and it seems that a lot of people regard Generations as the better game.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Is MH kinda like Warriors/Musou games in that it's based around endless grinding for incremental improvements?

Monster Hunter is about killing dinosaurs and electric foxes and poo poo. The rest is just icing.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Hoping I can get a friend into it. There is also always goons.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Fitzy Fitz posted:

OK I'm basically just going off of Hyrule Warriors. There's the ingredients, hearts, weapons, fairies, costumes, etc. that you're constantly collecting, and that's mainly why I play it.

I get that the structure of the game is different, but I keep hearing a lot about collecting drops to make gear.

Yes. When you kill a monster you carve it and use those parts to make weapons and armor. Generally the stats on a weapon or armor correspond to the stats of the enemy, so if you kill a fire dragon type monster you will probably end up with parts to make a fire damage weapon or fire resist armor.

Game encourages you to craft all kinds of stuff because all weapon types are viable, and being able to swap gear to exploit weaknesses of your next target is cool and good.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

TMNT 3.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

KingSlime posted:

Are there exclusive monsters/equipment/areas to explore in high rank, or is it just the same content but unrelentingly hard?

For being a big MH fan, I always bounce off after 30 to 40 hours, not quite enough to hit the higher ranks at the pace I play

Not areas, but monsters and equipment, yes.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Inzombiac posted:

Culdecept Saga Switch

WHEN

Good call.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

I am tempted for no drat reason to start collecting Amiibo. What have I become?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Huxley posted:

Looking back on my time flirting with picking up a few, I'm glad I didn't.

That is the ledge I am standing on. Some of them are pretty cool, but they don't really seem like something I would actually get any value out of.

A Tom Nook on my desk at work would be good though.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

If you're one of those weirdos who have every single amiibo new in box, hold on to them for like 20 years, then unload them and retire happily

Stacks of beanie babies Amiibo.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Not going to lie I mostly just want the Cloud Amiibos. And Odysee Bowser.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Civ VI was an inferior version in the series anyway.

Just needs another expansion or two.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Dissidia for Switch.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Barudak posted:

They wrote this audio novel about that very transparently was a setup for an FFX-3 and included it in the package. It is so transparently awful SE basically doesnt mention it anymore and doesnt promote it as a feature of the X/X-2 collection.

Every single plot point they introduce is terrible, not just in a “this is a needless story” but in a “how did a ghost make a baby” kind of way. The highlight i wont bother to spoil is that the 100% X-2 ending character is like evil or something and accidentally kills himself when he kicks a bomb monster he thought was a blitzball.

Relationship ghost drama. Ghost Tidus kicks a landmine that looks like a Blitzball and dies. Wrap. Not only do you undermine the entire theme of X2 by bringing him back, you kill him in the stupidest way possible.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Don't listen to the other losers, CP9 knows what's up. You should finish it on PS4 and then play it again on Switch.

FF9 is the best FF without competition, it is endlessly charming and bursting with personality and it shows love for the FF series and history without being obnoxioius about it. There are a few characters that are kinda eh but the rest more than make up for it, especially my #1 best bros for life Steiner and Vivi.

The loading times for battles sucked back on the PS1 but I liked the battle abilities a lot and the card game sucks compared to Triple Triad sure, but Chocobo Hot and Cold and its world class music is enough to blow any other FF's minigames out of the water.

Final Fantasy 9 is really cool and good but its stat growth system was bad and never explained to the player. And yeah, performance was rear end back on PSX so it gets a knock for that. Have been meaning to check out the PC version. Heard nothing but good things.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Are we still bitching about NES games or is there something interesting happening in here?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Knorth posted:

Moved onto an ecosystem of brands and apps or something now

Word, see you guys in another thousand posts. DUMMIES.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

This is all very interesting and important.

• Locked thread