Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
The GBS style whitenoise badposting as seen on the first page of this thread is a pretty poor showing. :( Come on fellow switch lovers and haters! Be better!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Infinitum posted:

We learned it from watching you VideoGames!

WE LEARNED IT FROM WATCHING YOU!

WHAT THE HECK?! This treachery will not stand.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
How could anyone be mad at a video game console? (Unless it's a microsoft created one. Those charlatans trying to destroy gaming!!)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Can we please call third party Nintendo games Thindies?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Infinitum posted:

No Taint Reaper was actually interesting :v:

:dunkedon:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I feel like my Kirby avatar is one of the best Kirby avatars on the site.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Dizz posted:

I'm kinda amazed that free to play games haven't tried getting on consoles.

There's lots of free to play games on consoles. Some of the biggest are Warframe, World of Tanks, and Neverwinter. Marvel Heroes Omega has just come out too.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
In regards to any discussion of 'virtue signalling':

Zelder posted:

...Don't start that mess in here

Please.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Anidav posted:

Danganronpa is better than phoenix wright

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Honestly I don't know, I just like the gif. I've not played Danganronpan.
I do like Phoenix Wright though! That's tons of fun.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Actually I worked really hard on this thread and it's a good thread for good boys and girls and squids.

Agreed. This thread has not reached the heady heights of the previous one. It still has the original title. (When threads get bad is when I start going all roundabout on changing a thread title).

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
NEW THREAD RULE:

"X when" posts are now verboten. Please report them and watch the probations fly! I think that particular 'joke' has now been run into the ground like a GBS 'cuck' meme.

Thank you all very much!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I really love my switch. Yesterday I took advantage of cheap PuyoPuyo and goodness. On the easiest difficult (I assume, I was mild and the CPU was spicy) it trashed me. Holy moly.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

Videogames do you own pokken?
If not wanna play gg xrd or tekken

I do not own Pokken or Tekken, but I would certainly play GG Xrd! :D
The next time I am likely able to play is after 10:00pm my time tomorrow, so if you are around on PS4 then heck yeah!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

a7m2 posted:

what time is stardew valley releasing? stardew valley when?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sneaky, but not sneaky enough!!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

well why not posted:

edit: nazi discussion is inappropriate for the Switch thread.

This is correct. Please let us not bring politics into the Switch thread. Or really into most of Games.
I would really appreciate that.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Holy moly what? I thought it was obvious that Nazis are bad and I don't want the switch thread to become a discussion on whether or not punching them irl or killing them in game is OK.

I am going to enjoy the heck out of wolfenstein!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

irlZaphod posted:

m..mods???

I've never played it.

I am a huge VGM fan though!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
As it is a portable console we have come up with a new name bridging these two designations.

It is a Portsole. Thank you all!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Kurtofan posted:

edge gave mario odyssey 10/10

also they say there's about as many moons in super mario odyssey as there are korok seeds in botw

But aren't there around 900 korok seeds?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Holy poo poo, SMB3 sold 12m in USA+Canada? 3m in Japan is impressive enough given the size of the market but I had no idea it had that much market penetration in America.

I think it helps that SMB3 is the greatest Super Mario Brothers and potentially video game of all time. It is certainly my joint favourite ever!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Hello thread. I was away for the last few days loving on Super Mario Odyssey :D

I have seen some reports about the gross derail that occurred about Anime.
I would just like to stress that it is not a crime to like Anime or even talk about Anime when there are some excellent Anime games out there.

It is gross to imply that anyone who does likes it is only doing so for criminal reasons, such a paedophilia. This is a heinous simplification of what Anime is and is unacceptable. I know very little about Anime and manga and have had no real contact with it or Japanese culture, but I do not feel as though the whole genre should be tarnished in such a way that accuses other posters who enjoy it of sexualising children.

When we discuss anime games (I am fairly certain things like Persona and Tales of Berseria were really well received here in games) that we do not devolve into these kinds of baseless accusations. I would really appreciate it. Thank you all! :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Are some moons in Mario Odyssey only collectable after beating the whole game? I am assuming a couple I can see but have no idea how to reach are there due to me not having opened up something yet.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Internet Kraken posted:

Yes. A large number of moons only become available once you beat the final story mission. Other can't be acquired until certain events happen in other levels.

Good lord! That is quite awesome. I am still bumbling about on Cappy's ghost world and I can see a couple of moons all high up and have been trying to get Goombas to fly up and get them. I did get tantalizingly close to one, but assumed I am probably doing something wrong. Back to that Flower World then! :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Argue posted:

There are indeed more moons unlocked later on but if you can actually see the moon I believe it should already be reachable.

Oh. In which case I am completely mystified as to how I can get up that high in the game world. I must be missing something :D I will take a screenshot when not at work.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I forgot to ask, do you get anything neat from scanning in the Wii-fit trainer Amiibo, or the Mario Maker Amiibo in Odyssey?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
The Wiifit and Mario maker Amiibo are the only ones I own. I have not removed them from their packets yet because I have no idea where I would stash them and they might get lost or dirty thanks to my cats.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

on pc i played witcher 3 and doom at medium even though my pc could run them on ultra because i thought it looked better

too much sharpness is gross and i too think that switchdoom looks better than the other consoles

This is a joke post, yes?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

I just pre-ordered Xeno 2 collecters edition along with the custom pro crontroller. I've been wanting to get one for a while and now seems the perfect time.

Also in Odyssey: is there a way to set the music that plays on different worlds? I did the thing with the toad in mush kingdom where he makes you set the music and could have sworn there was a message that said how to it from anywhere but if there is I can't find it.

And another thing: I can't seem to get the amiibo feature to work. I was able to scan the bowser amiibo and get his outfit but any other time I try to use it I just get the failure message. I must be missing some step.

You have a magnificent avatar! :D
(I think I might start telling other posters with great avatars on the forums because they should know!)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

goferchan posted:

Good news, Fox just announced they're pulling it from Netflix

Do these sorts of things affect only the US Netflix? Is there a place to see what sort of thing stays and goes on my UK Netflix?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Empress Brosephine posted:

So Mario tennis sucks unless you like not playing tennis l, is there any other games of interest out for this coffin

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Not sure you are going to be able to post in this thread.

You were banned over a year ago and if you had not come back in doing the same thing as you did last time, then I would not have minded and I do not think the other posters in the thread would have either.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Were they the one that made some bet on dumb E3 rumors, lost, and were banished to the shadow realm to never post in switch threads again?

That was a different poster with the same avatar.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Folt The Bolt posted:

Now I'm curious: What dumb E3 rumors perchance? (And why the banishing?)

It was a version of this thread from two years back, and the poster in question stated that they were on the inside of Nintendos workings. They knew about upcoming games and made several predictions with the caveat that they would leave the thread if they were not true.

One of which was Overwatch on the switch. Another of which was that the Switch would be dead and only $199 by the October of Mario Odyssey's release.

They did not happen and they left the thread. I cannot fault that, really. I like when people follow through on the things they say.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
What a wonderfully appropriate title! :)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

RC Cola posted:

Lumines for the ps4 or switch oh God the choices

*the why not both girl*

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Greetings fellow switch players! :D (I am currently bumbling about in Hollow Knight myself - not at the moment because I am at work).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Over There posted:

How far have you gotten?

Not very! I am finding it tough to play without a real d-pad. I find myself missing the old thing. (Hence my little mod icon is a d-pad if you increase its size :))

• Locked thread