Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Imagined posted:

I went digital because I have a 4 year old and those loving carts are itty bitty. Physical isn't cheaper if I have to buy it again.

Dig through poop and rinse it off and it will work fine, don't ask me how I know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
If you couldn't make it past the 4 or so gyro shrines in BotW hand in you're gamer card.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Mario will be good though.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Guy Goodbody posted:

What's the deal with the pinwheels in Zelda? Are they just things?

They're indications that a Korok is near by.

e: Specifically, a pin wheel means that there is an arrow challenge near by. When you stand next to a pin wheel one of two things happens. Either balloons will appear and move in patterns, or Korok pots will appear and jump around in a pattern. Breaking them with arrows will cause a Korok to appear and give you his golden nut seed.

ONE YEAR LATER fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Aug 10, 2017

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Looks like 9th grade is shaping up to be a tough one, huh?

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

lelandjs posted:

:laffo: “Stupid discussions about video games only happen between immature high schoolers,” he said, completely blind to the rest of the internet and even the very forums he posts in

The Internet makes you stupid.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Rufio posted:

Why don't people just buy the amiibo cards? Do you really have shelf space in your house for that bs?

I plan on being entombed with my amiibo, if they released enough maybe the tomb will be made out of them. They will join me in the Gaming Afterlife.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Boo LA Noire, should have been Bully: Scholarship Edition. That's a game I will gladly replay for the 3rd time on the Switch.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
When is the second Zelda DLC supposed to drop?

Also gently caress yes Super Mario Galaxy is gonna be so good.

I am legit interested in Skyrim for the switch but it's coming out on the same day as Mario so nope. I'll probably wait until a 3 for 2 sale at some point and pick it up then.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Wendell posted:

More like TEN YEARS EARLIER

Haha whoops. Too many Super Marios for me to keep straight.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Making a blind guess, but I'd wager they've dragged in everyone to work on getting Super Mario Odyssey out the door first considering how little has been mentioned about the second Zelda DLC pack.

I checked the release date for the Champion amiibo and it's November 10th so maybe sometime in mid-November? Who knows, but I am looking forward to it so I can finally go beat Ganon and maybe, maybe get some more korok seeds before considering myself done with the game.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
You collect all 666 moons and unlock the blood moon.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Two Beans posted:

I see that. Its just (and maybe it's just me) that I keep noticing animosity towards 100%ing games, even to the point where some devs will implement mechanics against 100%ing. Lisa, with its cloud you have to ride for 2 hours in realtime as it slowly drags you to a collectable. Undertale guilt-tripping the player for subsequent replays.

Mind you, I haven't fully beaten a game since DuckTales Remastered.

I mean, this animosity towards the player/viewer/reader/listener exists in all other forms of media and art, you're always going to have designers/creators who troll their audience. Is it commentary on something or just people being spiteful/mean? That I can't answer.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Path of the Hero is a dope thing and I wish every open world game had something similar. So many little areas I haven't visited even with like 150 hours logged on my save.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I played Doom and Doom 2 without mouse look, I will play new Doom with a controller and kick rear end. Believe it.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Kass' theme is the best BotW music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqCNLb1Q26E

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Frankston posted:

Also my switch carry case has room for multiple cartridges so it's not like I can't access any of them when I'm travelling.

The smaller carts and case with holders are why I opted to go mostly physical after going all digital on the 3DS and the WiiU. I was also getting into a bad habit of buying games the day they released and then not playing them or seeing them on sale for much cheaper. Restricting myself to physical means I'm more likely to concentrate on one game and by the time I do want to pick up something else there's a good chance I can find it on sale or the MSRP has dropped.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Dear Nintendo gods please port TMS to the Switch so I can play it again without having to hook my Wii U up to a TV. Thank you.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
FF7 remake for switch.

GOD drat THREE DAYS TILL MARYO CANT WAIIT

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

EpicNemesis posted:

Where does Cici's fall on the chain pizza brands with Little Caesars being the worst and Domino's being the best? I've never had it.

Maybe a step above gas station pizza, if that.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I'm not surprised that EA would be less than thrilled to support the Switch, they didn't produce a ton of great stuff for the Wii, and I'm sure they weren't too happy with the reception/sales of the games they did have on the Wii U.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Port everything over. Especially TMS.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Chernabog posted:

I gave the photo editor a go.

So a-sorry for your mis-a-carriage! Wa-hoo!

e: alternate caption "sometimes a miscarriage is harder on the toad."

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Man the ending of Mario Odyssey is :discourse:

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Real hurthling! posted:

I was gonna 100% mario but the jump rope made me mad so now im gonna just 99% it and ask randos that come over to try it for me until one of them gets it

Once you hit 50 just tap jump as quickly as possible.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
You should actually play Bayonetta because it rules.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
How did Captain Toad get to the dark side of the moon?? Inquiring minds NEED TO KNOW!

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Bayonetta is... good. And the people who are complaining about it are... lame.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Yo I love titties and I will not be shamed by the LIE-BERAL MEDIA. I am A MAN and I LOVE TITTIES.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Get to 50 jump ropes then just hammer the b button as fast as you can and you'll get over 100 jumps.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
There are ways to farm a lot of coins in a pretty quick manner, although it does stink that they would limit your wallet and then ask for literally 3 times as much as you can hold to unlock everything. Just let me carry an unlimited amount of coins, who gives a poo poo.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Everyone buy Skyrim to increase the odds of GOAT Fallout: New Vegas getting a Switch port.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Fallout New Vegas is in Bethesda's garbage can, they will never rerelease it because people like it more than their own Fallout games

No!

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

All it'll do is convince them to port Fallout 4 instead, sorry

Noooooooooooooooo!

(I'd play it, but I would be wishing for New Vegas the whole time)

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I would reload constantly to keep Dogmeat(s) and Rex alive while playing Fallout. Because dogs are the best.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Hand Row posted:

Who or what site does good Switch game reviews these days?

This thread.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Just wanna get in on this Satan hailing.

I am very close to completely finishing Mario Odyssey, I want to sit down and do it this weekend and then spend the remainder of the year getting all 900 korok seeds because I am trying to be a thrifty gamer and get everything out of the games I've purchased and I am also crazy.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
You have to lead the dog to where the moon is buried, it won't lead you. So throw your hat at it and wander around the general area where you found the dog and eventually you'll find it. Or you can look at a strategy guide, I did that for the more obtuse moons.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

The Bloop posted:

Hey I backed the kickstarter and that's always a gamble, but I'm getting the game and by Wario's whiskers I'm going to play it!

I'm not going to be a masochist about it if it's terrible, but I enjoyed DK64 well enough. It's not great but I'm glad I played it!

Same, I threw them $15 two years ago and I'm looking forward to playing YK even if it's not the best. I played BK and BT a bunch when they were on the N64 and then I went and bought both and 100% completed them when they came out on the 360 years ago. So YK is sorta right up my alley.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Larrymer posted:

Aren't there several moves you can only do with motion? (climbing poles faster, throwing hat in a circle around you, etc) I wasn't a fan of the controls with the forced motion control use basically. It seemed the only way to play the game (or at least how they seemed to make it the intended way) was using split joy cons. This isn't the Wii, you have tons of other controller options (handheld, pro controller) but the ways to use the motions only work one way essentially. :shrug:

You can hold Y to climb fast, and I 100% the game without using motion controls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Andrast posted:

I'm almost sure that there are some moons that require them.

Like the few moons that require frog high jumps.

You're right, there are at least two I can think off that I had to shake the whole system to get.

But still, 2 moons out of 900+ is pretty good.

Kaubocks posted:

you can 100% the game without motion but some advanced skills that allow players to add more nuance and depth to their movepool require motion controls and that's bad. it's an artificial, unnecessary barrier to letting people get wackier with their skillset.

What's the most advanced move outside of the throw, leap, bounce, throw, leap?

• Locked thread