Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

Meiteron posted:

This is an export of where I'm at now which is using this Deadeye toxic rain build. I'm off a lot from the eHP of the actual final build and the gems aren't exact but that's mostly from gear which can be improved; I'm not looking at pinnacles yet.

It's not the slow attack that's getting me it's the very fast railgun thing where they just raise a hand, shoot a quick laser, and I fall over dead. It's very, very annoying. I was clearing out a level 74 quest heist and it still 1-tapped me.

A few things stand out here:
- Your body armour is not great. Since you're suppression capped and res capped, your body armour effectively has one suffix, which is +4% to Lightning Res (crafted). What it doesn't have is Max Life, and your body armour is one of the best places to get that stat.
- Your gloves AND boots AND helmet also don't have Life. (!!!!!)
- Your flasks mostly don't have real suffixes or are badly rolled. You're using a hybrid flask in addition to a life flask, so you're down one whole utility flask and like 2 suffixes. You need evasion as a flask suffix for sure. 100 alts would give you multiple upgrades here. Also quality 20 (before rolling them) for more duration.
- Several of your jewels aren't pulling their weight. Your abyss jewel effectively has 1 mod and it's not the most important mod (+max life). The most important stats to get on your jewels are Life and (Chaos) Damage over Time Multiplier. Increased Damage over Time is comparatively not good.

E: AAAHHH and rings! Your rings also don't have Life! There's no Life on any of your gear besides your quiver and your belt! It's the most important defensive stat!

Setec_Astronomy fucked around with this message at 08:18 on May 5, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

Wuxi posted:

That said, both the max hit and ehp stats in PoB aren't perfect representations of how tanky you actually are in game. They are useful for sure, but I don't fully trust them

One of the things I realized recently is that the Max Hit numbers don't take into account crit reduction at all. They are entirely of the form "what if enemy generically hits you for X damage" but don't consider that for X to be a really big number it's probably from a crit. That's probably the only sane approach (since otherwise you need to know the crit multi to calculate the max hit) but it means that if your build is dying to single big hits you might want crit reduction even though PoB appears to not care about it.

In my particular case, I tattooed away 120 int (a significant hit to DPS and EHP) for 90% crit reduction and it was the single best-feeling change defensively that I made to the build at any point. Turns out I was dying almost exclusively from crits in T17 maps, but the game doesn't give you a very good way of figuring that out.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

Vulpes posted:

a 50% corrupt on your chest of choice usually fairly cheaply

I looked at this, but unfortunately my chest of choice is "a well-rolled 78% loreweave" so it's, uh, not so cheap. I'm happy enough with 90% reduction; if I could find some way to jam another 20 int into the build I could get to 100% but it would come either at the cost of a lot of damage or a lot of money.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

Mikojan posted:

I've completed most pinnacles apart from maven in HC now (I hate the memory game). How deadly are T17's? My character has the DPS for ubers and want to try it, but I might just buy the uber fragments if T17's are abnormally rippy. Also, what uber boss is considered the easiest?

All the people replying to this are failing to mention the actual most deadly thing about T17s: Wretched Defilers. This is a mob that casts a hard-to-see Detonate Dead that WILL one-shot you due to the high HP of T17 monsters. I don’t think there exists a build in league that can survive this hit.

Unless you are 1000% confident that you can spot and perfectly avoid the old DD, you need to replace this mob using an allflame.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

Frank Frank posted:

It's going to be a lot harder to essence spam 2 resists AND a good life roll though so I guess it's a "pick your poison" situation.

Please read back through my earlier explanation to you of how to get a Life prefix.

You don't need to essence spam everything. Essence for suffixes, then use eldritch or metacrafting (via Wild Bristle Matrons) to do prefixes.

This is a general crafting pattern that you should learn: do one "half" (prefixes / suffixes) first, then do the other "half" (suffixes / prefixes respectively) using a method that preserves your first results. For non-influenced gloves/boots/helm/body armour this is particularly easy and low-risk thanks to Eldritch Annuls.

E: Also:

Frank Frank posted:

Hmm Defense / Chaos resist seems a lot easier to hit for some reason.

It's because there are no Defense suffixes on gloves, so boosting Defense doesn't "crowd out" Chaos Res. On the other hand, Str or Str-hybrid gloves have four Life-tagged suffixes, three of which have no other tags you can target to push the weight down.

Setec_Astronomy fucked around with this message at 23:43 on May 9, 2024

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

Frank Frank posted:

Oh yeah the crazy complicated eldritch thing you posted. I have that bookmarked along with that fracture graveyard configuration. Let me go re-read that.

I promise it's not as complicated as it looks! It just boils down to "do suffixes first, then use eldritch exalts/annuls to do prefixes."

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

Frank Frank posted:

So I guess I can gravecraft defense + chaos resist for the fracture, use essences to get a T1 resist + another resist, then do your edlritch crafting deal to finish it? I guess alternatively I could do Defense + random elemental resist fractures and then use chaos essences, then eldritch.

Noooo I think I understand crafting now. This is terrible news.

Yes, both of those work great!

Note that there is a downside to the ele resist fracture, which is that you can't Harvest swap it to another element to balance your resist (since it's fractured). That can be a pain in the rear end if you do it across all your gear.

The rest of my detailed post was just about an alternative to eldritch crafting that you can use to do prefixes if either:
1) Eldritch currency is super expensive relative to the second strategy, or
2) Eldritch currency isn't an option (e.g. for rings/amulets/quivers/belts).

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

IDK about the leap slam thing, but it makes me think of something I've been meaning to ask:

Has anyone else noticed that there is a weird sort of "interaction lock" that is happening now? It seems like sometimes when I interact with an object I am unable to take any other actions for a substantial period of time. The two main examples:

1) Opening a strongbox sometimes locks me in place for a second or two. I'm not getting frozen or stunned (immune to both) but it sure feels like a long-rear end stun.
2) Interacting with a grave in the Necropolis will sometimes make me unable to move or take actions for several seconds.

I don't remember this ever happening (with strongboxes in particular) prior to this league.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

Frank Frank posted:

Oh they're still like 200d+ on console.
Anyway you have a decision to make here. You can:
* Swap your mageblood for a 3 slot MB and keep your unique flask and health flask
* Keep your 4 slot MB and ditch the unique flask
or possibly

Ditch your life flask for something that grants regen that a MB can support? (Not sure if this is a thing)

That's not how MB works. If you run a "4 slot" MB with a unique flask and a health flask it will work just fine.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

Frank Frank posted:

The last step on this is a doozy. I've annulled/exalted like 20x now and haven't hit anything better than a T4 life roll. I need to hit at least +70 to break even which is what, T2 I think?

E: I hit max T2 life and lightning resist using essences on my 2nd pair of crafted gloves so I'll just craft fire resist onto those, eldritch them and call it a day

Yeah, if you need T2 Life it's a 4.4% hit, so about 1-in-25 but anything that's 1-in-25 can have some high variance.

The same craft using the Wild Bristle Matron strat is about a 1-in-6 to hit, which is probably quite a bit cheaper given that Eldritch Annuls are 70c for you.

(E: and if Wild Bristle Matrons also don't exist, there's also good old "Suffixes Can't Be Changed -> Harvest Reforge Life" which is the same craft at 2d a pop, so 12d in expectation for the desired prefix.)

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

Frank Frank posted:

Oh god is that the spell that makes what looks like a little red glowing spike on the ground? If so, yeah absolutely. That kills me 100% of the time if I'm near it when it goes off. I had no idea what was doing that.

Yup, that's the one!

I'm not sure there exists a character that can survive it. Maybe some crazy Standard character in legacy gear?

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

Frank Frank posted:

What were the odds on hitting a 21/23 corrupt in the Incursion doryani instutute again? 1 in 6?

3.17%

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

Frank Frank posted:

God I've probably fed 20+ SS gems to that lens and I think 1 of them hit 21/20 and 2 hit 20/23 and the rest were either unchanged or bricked.

I'm afraid this constitutes not getting away with it

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

Frank Frank posted:

Oh. I used CoE to craft the base then used the eldritch life crafting guide to try for a T1 life mod, got frustrated with that and just decided to hit it with some essences to see how that went and it worked out. I have lots of essences lying around. I got what I wanted using resist essences and then someone (you?) said “hey why don’t you use greeds instead” which made sense, so I did that and it worked perfectly.

Yeah, what bawfuls is saying is that choosing how to do the essence step could have been done more carefully using craftofexile.

I actually assumed that you were spamming for suppression because of your chosen method, hence why I suggested getting your Life roll via prefix-locking method. But actually it turns out your suffix requirements were very lenient, to the point that it was much easier to get your craft via Greed essences.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Still not seen a cowards trial in my ssf run, im lvl 97 on the chief, 114/115 atlas and 16/17 unique maps and this damned thing just doesnt come along.
i dont even know how many scout reports ive blown, done missions to reroll missions etc. in a full kirac setup even.
Ive even resorted to chancing cursed crypts but to no avail, luckily im not going for achievements this time but i still would like to crafting recipe at some point...

You can fish for this using Cartography Scarab of Singularity plus either Horned Scarab of Pandemonium or Domination Scarab of Terrors. Not sure how many of those you've found but that should produce a Coward's Trial within a handful of maps.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

bawfuls posted:

Did this yesterday, gravecrafted fractured +1 Frenzy charges and crit multi on gloves, greed essence spammed for T2 resist, picked up a Nimis. The damage is good but the little wrinkle I didn't notice before when checking in PoB is that now I'm not resist capped until I have a couple Endurance charges, which feels a little clunky. I get Endurance charges from 5% on kill (Timeless Jewel) and Call to Arms Enduring Cry, neither of which are quite as reliable as the Frenzy and Power charges from Manaforged Arrows/crits.

Possible slots to make up the resist would be quiver (T5 resist currently), or helm (drop mana reservation suffix and use Enlighten on my auras). Or maybe I should go for that unique helm setup and a rare amulet?

How short are you and how much do you need the small stat nodes on your tree? If it's a small gap you might be able to make it up with a couple of tattoos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

Frank Frank posted:

only that leaves me vulnerable to corrupted blood

How reliant are you on the one Viridian Jewel in your build? Could you accept a slightly worse one with the Corrupted Blood implicit? Maybe just as a swap for when you need it?

Personally I never use a life flask on a late game build. If a build requires one (either mechanically or for survival) then it's not the build for me.