Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

If Dutton is PM then who gets the superministry?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

So is Turnbull actually admitting that the refugees not a real threat or is he just saying anything because he's desperate to ship them off?

This is gold.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

ewe2 posted:

Correct, we have stopped the leaks

You're not the public's servant, you're the party's.

This won't be a problem one every job is privatised.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Guys you should watch four corners.

Everything is hopelessly corrupt.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I lol'd when it was revealed that the place all the waste was going was Ipswich. How appropriate.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Are the government still going to fund anti-equality campaigns?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

iajanus posted:

Cannot believe how transparently stupid people can be sometimes.

With a boycott you get all the anti gay marraige scare mongering, the vote fails and it makes the Lnp's position look correct.

It's real dumb.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Sam Dastyari making another brilliant decision. Encouraging banks to support untracable currency like a week after one gets called out for ignoring large scale money laundering seems like a winning idea.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Lid posted:

Lobbyists on both sides of the marriage equality debate would be free to distribute misleading and deceptive material ahead of the same-sex marriage postal vote, because the usual campaign rules have been discarded.

In order to circumvent the Senate, the Turnbull government's optional marriage survey will be conducted by the Australian Bureau of Statistics, meaning the safeguards of the Commonwealth Electoral Act would not apply.

Can't wait to see the misleading and deceptive pro-gay material.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

That would have been the perfect time for the McDonalds drive thru meme, where is Bill Shorten when you need him?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

FACTS ABOUT THE SAME-SEX MARRIAGE POSTAL BALLOT:

* Envelopes will be posted by the Australian Bureau of Statistics from September 12, with responses due by November 7 and a result announced on November 15.

* The electoral roll will close on August 24.

* Survey forms will include the question "Should the law be changed to allow same-sex couples to marry?" and voters will tick a "yes" or "no" box. Other marks on the form (such as a "1" in one box, or an "x" in one box) will be counted, so long as the preference of the voter is clear.

* Campaign material from political parties and other organisations will not need any authorisation details. That is, the source of the material need not be disclosed to voters because it is not being conducted under electoral laws.

* If people feel aggrieved by campaign material the following laws apply: Broadcasting Services Act (requires particulars where political material is broadcast on radio and television); Criminal Code (it is an offence to urge violence against groups or members of groups); civil and criminal penalties in state and territory laws; Telecommunications and Postal Services Act (offences against the use of telephone and postal services to menace or harass, or to use the services of Australia Post in such a way as to be regarded as offensive).

* The government has made it clear it wants campaigners to take part with courtesy and respect.

* Allowing only a single response per envelope will mitigate against problems with the papers being copied.

* If voters do not receive a ballot paper for whatever reason, or mess one up and require another, contact the Australian Bureau of Statistics.

* If political parties spend money on campaigning, or receive donations, the "usual rules" under the Electoral Act will apply.

* Ballot paper scrutineers for both sides of the argument will be able to be appointed by members of the House of Representatives and senators.

* There will be a call centre for defence personnel on deployment.

* Australians overseas, who are on the electoral roll, and have registered as an overseas voter and provided their overseas address, will receive all the necessary documentation to enable them to vote at their overseas address.

* The Australian Statistician will declare the final result. It won't require a writ like an election.

(Source: Finance Minister Mathias Cormann.)

What if I vote 1 in yes and 2 in no?

The government has made it clear it wants campaigners to take part with courtesy and respect, yeah I bet.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I think Trump and Turnbull could both use a good war based poll bounce about now.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Refugees to this thread are fine, unless you came here by boat.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Barnaby Joyce is referring himself to the High Court on concerns he's a dual citizen

Of course he doesn't have to step down, it's not like he's a member of the Greens or something.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The Lnp must be at least a little rattled if Bishop is putting out a dumb statement like that and then angrily walking off without taking any questions.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

If the party knew about this mess in advance and still let Barnaby take over for Canavan then lol forever.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

To be fair to Trump, he can't badmouth hardcore racists when they are his voter base. It's not his policies are winning over anybody else.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

It's not fair that the big bad ABC get to walk all over poor little Murdoch.

I wonder what the Lnp will give Xenophon to buy his vote.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I'm glad I tuned in to watch 7:30 to find out how cashless welfare cards fight pedophiiles.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

If only wealthy mining magnates could solve all of our problems.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I'd just like to point out that Turnbull chose a great time to show his support for Australia day in light of American Nazis standing up for white history in the USA.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

EoinCannon posted:

This 4 corners, punters talking about predatory lending. 2008 wasn't that long ago, did people learn nothing? Makes me angry and just kind of gobsmacked

I feel really sad for the people losing their only home, less sad for the investors who tried to cash in and failed.

Banks are scum in both cases though.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

As someone who grew up fairly poor, the idea of owning your own home and then putting it on the line is insane.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

lol I guess the free 30 million helps pay for free Foxtel.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

open24hours posted:

Stan 'Stalin' Grant.

White pride heh.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Heritage not hate.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Brown Paper Bag posted:

It seems obvious that the far right in the LNP's next step re marriage equality is to attempt to insert discriminatory clauses into the bill (e.g. allowing bakers to deny service to gay people) in order to scuttle the whole thing.

One of the knucklehead Q&A question askers was very concerned about being forced to perform at gay weddings.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Just imagine if an aboriginal politition missed a vote because he was too drunk.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Aug 27, 2017

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Media Watch on point. lol at Aussie Taliban.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Now lolling about Jacqui Lambie and rascist audience member being upset about white history being erased :qq:

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

...and now Christine Forster saying indigenous Australians should have a seperate day, white people rule.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Fair enough.

I lasted long enough to see a muslim woman worried about same sex marriage while a lesbian woman worries about black history erasing white history, which is enough irony for one night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Gorilla Salad posted:

I think you mean a separate but equal day.

lol I was going to use this term but thought it might be too on the nose.

• Locked thread