Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

preacher_where_the_fuck_is_your_chin.bmp

I got ya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Two Finger posted:

Not if you buy a pizza stone

Or a cast iron pan

He's really got the mannerisms of a lovely child down pat

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Kazinsal posted:

Hot take: If neonazis are open carrying at their rallies, then anti-fa needs to start carrying at theirs and be ready to make good on it or this poo poo's going to keep happening over and over and over and no one's going to do anything about it.

loving hell America. If you're going to die like this at least do it on your feet, gritting your teeth into the wind, safe in the knowledge that you died trying to kill nazism.

Agreed. I'm seeing too much (read: a non-zero number) of posts from liberal gun groups saying b-b-b-but that makes you just as bad you can't do that nazis deserve safety too :ohdear: Of course people are clowning upon these dinks so at least there's that I guess. I've been meaning to get going on getting my carry permit, this is the bump I needed.

Of course big time lmaos at the Charlottesville mayor saying racism and hate in the state is Trump's fault. That poo poo has always been in this state, who are you kidding guy

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Internet Wizard posted:

The only safety this filth deserves is the safety of a shallow grave

Pretty much, yeah.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Internet Wizard posted:

He's the guy from the Berkeley protests earlier this year who attacked a bunch of anti-nazi protesters with a stick. He also had a bunch of other weapons on him at the time. 4chan and reddit and the bigger idiots in TFR thought he was the best thing ever because he committed assault with a deadly weapon on protesters.

Christ can you imagine TFR's current event thread today if it hadn't been done away with?

In happier news there's some fundraisers going for the folks run over today.

Mike-o posted:

No doubt trump getting elected has emboldened them, but it started before that. Maybe it's just that there's a lot of horrible people with horrible beliefs and now they're just coming out of the woodwork :smith:

This to me really isn't anything new for Virginia as I'm in the loving sticks where you see stores with whites only signs and when people ask about them it's either "oh heh I thought that was a funny antique heh heh" or "That a problem, boy?", or there's old rear end trees with lynching grooves in the branches. It's always been a thing, just the election made it seem acceptable and even cool to outside observers, and the people that had been banging the drums of white supremacy for years/decades/their entire life/generations felt vindicated.

Edit:

Proud Christian Mom posted:

holy poo poo lol

Beeb fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Aug 13, 2017

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

bird cooch posted:

I know plenty of libs with guns, we just don't talk about it because we don't want to get tossed in with all the NRA chucklefucks

Pretty sure at this stage in the game it's easy to distinguish a liberal gun owner and an NRA member in that one firmly believes Philando Castile deserved to die because he had the reefer cigarette marjiuanas and the other doesn't see that as a reason to murder someone.

also if this is getting too close to gun chat territory I'll shut up :v:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Casimir Radon posted:

I was going to post my own favorite nickname for Bannon this morning but was too comfortable in bed. Personally I like "Dr. Gobbles", because he's a Nazi and a fat slob. I do like the Rasputin angle too.

He looks like he was made by a cobbler.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Mr. Nice! posted:

VA governor said part of the reason the police did not show up in riot gear to start the day saturday and why they did not engage and disperse the nazis sooner was because the rally was more heavily armed than the police were capable.

The Virginia governor is also bewildered at racism in a state that has a problem with it for ages. Same for the mayor of Charlottesville. Both are telling nazis to go home when a lot of them live here.

The night before, Virginia police sat idly by as armed nazis attempted to break into a church full of people peacefully praying for everyone, it's not a matter of armament at loving all.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

:perfect:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

I find it funny that loving nazis literally murdered someone at a protest and now TFR wants to have NO POLITICAL DISCUSSIONS

Bootlickers called Cyrano a SJW for dealing probations to racists and apparently that was just too much to bear so now it's all dismissive centrist handwaving all the time.

M_Gargantua posted:

Cyrano is smart like that. Its why GiP has its own intelligent gun chat thread.

It's also regulated. The stupid poo poo thread was not for years before Cyrano took over, and it still was unregulated, and it drove people away. Now that TFR has lost some prominent alt-right people it's now a Concern so he's desperate to clean it up. Meanwhile the GLBTQ folks that left years ago and the people that ducked out when TFR was all "the inevitable legislative response!!!" as Sandy Hook unfolded because wow that's loving gross guys, that's a non-issue who cares.

I didn't actually join SA until after I was in the goon eve guild but I had been reading TFR for years before that as at the time it was mainly talking about old revolvers and military surplus. Somewhere along the way it got kinda over run by borderline alt right fuckers posting about home defense constantly

More or less. Of course if you post about home defense in a scenario where you're defending yourself from aforementioned nazi scum suddenly you're the bad guy and making poo poo up.

Also Funster got shitcanned for outing GI Joe Dirtbag as a rapist and the then mod of TFR banned not only him, Dirtbag, but the victim as well as it was "too much drama".

TFR has had a problem with moderators for loving years.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Virginia governor: Cops don't have the firepower to square off against nazis!!!

The cops in my tiny wide spot in the road town earlier today, 90 miles south of Charlottesville: Magdumps with automatics followed by laughing at the station behind my house.

This isn't the first time I've woken up to automatic rifle fire in town, either.

also holy gently caress those twitter updates on Trump going full bootlicker

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Genocide Tendency posted:

Apparently I need to start watching Trump press conferences again.

Was it really that bad?

Because Twitter and this thread is going ape poo poo.

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/897553586032226304

There ya go

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Smiling Jack posted:

seriously please just stay out of the way if they come to NYC a large contingent of my co-workers would love to square up on some Nazis but it won't work if counterprotests get in the way

I mean protest yeah, but don't get in the middle

I get where you're coming from but come on guy, you know the second poo poo isn't in the nazi's favor they're going to jump into police lines and shout SAFE SPACE!!! at the top of their lungs.

Speaking of, here's a cowardly nazi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V1eI0QRye4

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Smiling Jack posted:

TF had his own loving smiley :tf:

gTab was originally some weird Canadian teenager who wouldn't shut up about joining the marine corps and then got dick / back cancer or something and was eventually banned from TFR for I don't know.

TFR is still pretty good especially now that the politics thread and associated posters are gone.

Gtab wasn't banned, he just got fed up with the previous mod and Cyrano letting alt-right shitheels do whatever they pleased when anyone who attempted to shut them up caught probations and bans.

Those people are still there and posting, though. Still whining about ~*SJWS*~ banning one of their fellow racists tonight.

So apparently the Real Reason™ Virginia police didn't do anything this weekend was there were caches of weapons in the city.

https://twitter.com/dangranata/status/897090875494453248

[ ] Believe
[ X ] Doubt

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

BaconAndBullets posted:

Just remember gents, the M1 Garand isn't considered an assault weapon in many states, also isn't a pistol, and has a very good history of killing nazis.

List of specific gun models banned in Maryland:

American Arms Spectre da Semiautomatic carbine

Springfield Armory M1A, excluding the M1 Garand

lmao who is the baller out there dusting nazis with a loving Spectre carbine

also .30-06 is $$$bullshit$$$ and the modern stuff can kill Garands if you don't have a adjustable gas plug and some other gizmos perhaps

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

sharknado slashfic posted:

Also I'm not a vet but the posters here are way more my speed to talk about/read about politics stuff then gbs/dnd

:same:

Godholio posted:

There's some M1 specific ammo out there. Mine* loves the Prvi Partizan stuff, and if you look it's often cheaper than "normal" .30-06.

*My 1944 M1. :smug:

Come on, CMP. Get those milsurp 1911s...

Oh Prvi makes M2 ball spec stuff? Nice, that makes those $700-ish service grade Garands from the CMP a bit more tempting.

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Magpaul left for Wyoming after being based in Colorado.

Beretta was in Maryland too I think when that law came in and welp suddenly we're criminals making these magazines, bye

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Smiling Jack posted:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Henry_Thomas

He needs more recognition, and as a Virginian who came from a slave owning family, the fact he was instrumental in defeating the Confederacy is a nice extra 'gently caress you're.

And as someone in Virginia, I've never seen his name on a school or government building.

Plenty of those for Lee and Nathan Bedford Forrest though. Including multiple towns. :banjo:

Pesticide20 posted:

I just want a Sherman statue where the horse he's riding has flaming hooves and breathes fire while Sherman swings a sword overhead that is also on fire.

:same:

Also I submitted Mary Fields to that Alexandria road renaming survey because hell yes.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Casimir Radon posted:

The Pioneer Press put out an article about the Confederate flag the 1st Minnesota captured at Gettysburg. Virginia has asked for it back many times and we've told them to get hosed every time. Lots of whining in the comments section about how the Civil War wasn't about slavery.

hosed up how the former capital of the Confederacy is more or less developed and civilized, but is also surrounded by throngs of people that can't move past that poo poo that would sooner live in the past than address the third world conditions in which they live. The other day in the antique store near me someone was drat near moved to tears to see that they had some confederate flag merchandise for sale. :banjo:

Also this eclipse business is loving cool even though I'm nowhere near a totality zone.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

psydude posted:

It's called the American South.

:piaa:

Also that video owns

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Smiling Jack posted:

come the gently caress on there are literal memes about that guy pointing a gun at people

That whole thing peaked for me when some cops arrested a guy on his way up there, day drunk to the max and all AHH KEEEL YEW like Wilford Brimley in The Thing as he pulled out a little BB pistol and pointed it at the them.

They all laughed and gently eased him into the back of their squad car, yucking it up the whole time.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

BigDave posted:

Grenade launcher at least have a somewhat plausible use, flares and tear gas.

37mm flares and gas exist though, don't they?

Start the clock until Officer Porkpouch in Podunk County mistakes HEDP for a gas round and disperses a crowd all over the place.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Bolow posted:

They're deliberately not 40mm so they can't load HEDP into them to prevent that exact loving problem :v:

Yeah exactly. Like with the business that's being lifted, cops were limited to less-lethal launchers. With that not being the case anymore, could they get launchers capable of full lethal munitions?

Of course I'm seeing a lot of people in favor for this because :siren: the cops are outgunned by civilians this is not fair!!! :siren: and yeah sure everyone out there is running around with crew served .50s and poo poo not little pocket guns, nah

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

In a mandatory minimum sentencing southern state with trumped up charges for concentrate product and Plantation Keebler beating the drum for Tuff On Pot? He's turbofucked.

Bolow posted:

Hopefully we give them a happy meal first

:discourse:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

CommieGIR posted:

"Both sides are the same!" :rolleyes:

What's extra funny about this is the same people saying it are the same folks that would shriek and flap about any time Pelosi said anything or appeared or otherwise existed are now falling to the ground to kiss her heels because she said Antifa Is Bad™

MA-Horus posted:

Also you guys have kinda made your reputation in the world by killin' Natzees. Why is there so much hand-wringing about it now?

My status quo!!! Police!! Do something!

probably because their supposed allies - liberals - are little more than GOP collaborators

Ding ding.

Hot Karl Marx posted:

You mean a state with the population the size of canada has some bad apples who are poo poo stains no matter what they call themselves? Colour me surprised. And milo is a demagogue who deserves to be afraid to leave the house.

Also the bolded part isn't getting any sympathy from me. Most people upset at anti-fascists are so because they are afraid (or know) they will get hit from them for their lovely opinions. There are consequences to being a piece of poo poo.

Basically.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

to be frank people who advocate slavery and genocide and are met only with fists are getting off very light.

But the funny faces on the comedy news said hurting nazis was bad and you can just ignore it! #imwithher2020

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Its idiots from TFR who are posting here because they don't have a politics thread anymore.

Yeah TFR's mod went all Tina Fey and "pretend it's not a big deal because I can't be hosed because pro-nazi people called me a SJW after I probated them once" so welp, here we are.

Of course the previous mod didn't do poo poo about it years ago so it's really loving festered.

BigDave posted:

Why was 'sheepdog' even a thing? A border collie is your mascot for being a ubermensch and shooting indiscriminately?

Have they even seen a border collie?

SHEEPDAWGS BRAVO ZULU OOAH!!

God I wanna pet that dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Smiling Jack posted:

Same. Also Been I finally got the 930spx I've been talking about for years and I'm gonna get some wood furniture for it and turn it into a hilariously impractical whippet like your old 590.

Do it! I sorta miss my 870 whippet but I feel if I get another pump shotgun it's gotta do something special, like slam fire or be a takedown gun or maybe even both

Also that Escalade owns holy poo poo

• Locked thread