Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

exquisite tea posted:

I refuse to believe a man who wears that kind of hat is a stranger to crushing rejection.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

mutata posted:

Jeeeeeeesus...

watched bush start a loving war

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

oddium posted:

the land battles sucked and the space battles were probably bad too

Land battles were real mediocre, but space was pretty cool, if a little repetitive. Game's still got a big mod scene though.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Phantasium posted:

lmao, what the gently caress.

Nightmare Creatures is getting rebooted by the people who made the Spooky's House of Jumpscares game.

http://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-news/pax-west-2017-nightmare-creatures-reboot-announced/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JplmZGzweVc

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Grapplejack posted:

Apparently destiny 2 only has five strikes, and if the last game was any indication that's nowhere near enough to satisfy people.

If the beta Strike I played was any indication, then yeah. Without really being familiar with Destiny's mechanics, I got through it with pubbies in about 20 minutes, though admittedly I think they gave everyone pretty high tier loot in the beta.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

raditts posted:

Wasn't Destiny supposed to get content updates for like 10 years or something preposterous like that?

Oh yeah, that`s right. I think they originally said that Destiny would be a platform unto itself and would be continuously updated like an MMO.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

doingitwrong posted:

"less cool"?

LESS COOL ?!

Yes, less cool.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

meat police posted:

I bought DUSK and have been having a lot of fun with the first episode. Definitely an homage to 90's Doom & Quake.

It's real good.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

FirstAidKite posted:

I woke up and my side felt wet. It was blood. There weren't any scratches or punctures or anything and it was all fresh, like, appeared sometime within the minute that I had woken up.

KCB and I have no idea what the gently caress. There was a decent amount of it just smeared on my side.

Wtf

Did you look around for any horse's head?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Jesus. :stare:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

DLC Inc posted:

neogaf is convinced this will move millions of XBX consoles and become goty but this game is actually likely gonna run like poo poo anyway. hell, most of the games on XBX are still loving 30fps anyway.

I can't see PUBG working too well on consoles. For one, it's a lot jankier than I imagine the average console gamer would put up with, particularly someone who only buys big, AAA games. Then there's the fact that it's shooting is semi-tacticlol, coming from its lineage as an ARMA mod, so bullet drop, recoil, and dialing in your range are all big things that would mostly just go away with autoaim.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
"PC gaming is so complicated!" says the man whose life is an infomercial. "There's got to be a better way!" he says, trying to insert his graphics card into a USB port.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

"PC gaming is so easy!" says the man who tries different solutions to play a game but it turns out none of them work because he has the wrong brand of video card
That has never happened to me, even when I had very bad/old/cheap computers.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Lizard Wizard posted:

So my grandma might be on her deathbed. She's "taken a turn for the worse" and I'm home alone for the time being while parents deal with it. When my grandpa passed, it didn't hit me that hard - maybe because I didn't know him that much, or maybe just the result of a broken brain.

I don't know where I'm going with this.
My grandfather passed away in late July, so I know what you're going through. Condolences in advance. :smith:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

glam rock hamhock posted:

The thing is, in the end it doesn't even matter if it's legal, it just matters how Google wants to handle it. Like the first amendment doesn't even matter because it's google's space and they can shut down who they drat well please

I can't wait until we abandon the sham of government and just have legitimate corpo-nations. We're so close!

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

vermin posted:

400+ posts?! I ain't readin' that poo poo.

Something big must've happened. Or something pointless and stupid must've happened.

HL3 got announced, dude.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

haveblue posted:

The adpocalypse happened because Disney sponsored Pewdiepie, Youtube was proud of having a popular star/mascot on their platform, then someone pointed out to both of them that he's actually a huge shitbird. Disney cut their ties to him and Youtube went one step further by implementing new tools in their ad services to allow ad buyers to exert more control over what sort of videos their ads get played in front of. This resulted in a lot of advertisers opting out of the edgier classifications favored by huge shitbirds and thus the revenue for those videos plummeting. It's sheer coincidence that a lot of gaming-oriented personalities are huge shitbirds.

I can't stand Youtubers but that's a lot of crap and you know it. The ad-friendly stuff has been flagging all sorts of stuff just for violence and swears.

Plus I'll just come out and say it, I'll take a few random, ignorable shitbirds over corporate dictates any day of the week.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Saint Freak posted:

Are we pretending that Other M doesn't exist and also do we consider Federation Force to Not Be A Real Game
Do we know that FF wasn't some completely different IP that they slapped Metroid onto half of the way through?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Each miniature controller represents a gamer who will never get to game.
For sale: Xbox One, never played.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

:911:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Raxivace posted:

This post didn't get enough credit.

Thank you and god bless.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

chumbler posted:

Their explanation for the shaders change is incredible.

Sum it up for me, please, with footnotes.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

VideoGames posted:

I do not like the american Kirby covers. Kirby does not get angry.
True, but only because Kirby doesn't feel any emotions. He's just a small, pink ball of instinct and hunger.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Real hurthling! posted:

oh sorry, i checked its an anonymous company insider leaker so its bullshit (but probably still true)

I hope so, because that's too big. Hell, Witcher 3 was already too big considering how middling its gameplay systems were.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

precision posted:

Ehhhhh. It seems like all the sub-endgame gear looks kind of generic and all the kerfuffle about Shaders seems quaint when most of them don't make things look drastically different.

The new gun system is also very weird, it sucks to only be able to carry a shotgun OR a sniper rifle OR a rocket launcher. Like for PvE are you kidding me when am I not gonna just keep the Rocket Launcher lol
Yeah I wasn't completely sure about that from the PC beta, so that does mean that the only guns you can use regularly are Assault Rifles, SMGs, DMRs, and Revolvers? F that n.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

haveblue posted:

What game is that

Devil's Third

Edit: Devil's Turd

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

CJacobs posted:

Everything is terrible except me because I figured out how to put health bars in my shotgun knight game

https://puu.sh/xC4nm/91c8399e43.webm
Shotguns didn't exist when knights were around, this game isn't historically accurate.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

chumbler posted:

What is Paladins then?

Really loving popular, apparently.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Please tell me this holds up. ZOE was a series I kept wanting to play for years, but it never came to PC and now I'm worried it might be too late.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

littleorv posted:

I'm all about rainbow 6 siege now. It's pretty loving awesome

I keep thinking maybe I should pick it up, but every free weekend I've tried it I am absolute poo poo at the game.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

tap my mountain posted:

I'm going to play ZoE2 on PC, but I'm not paying for it :twisted:

It's nice of your mom to buy you ZOE2 as a present, but are you sure you're old enough for it?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Help Im Alive posted:

Well today is the incredibly epic talk like a pirate day after all

Urgh.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Hey check it out, I just found the worst mod ever, for Sleeping Dogs.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/modern-pack-mod/news/sleeping-dogs-modern-pack-mod

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

exquisite tea posted:

PUBG isn't just an indie project that made it big, it's a global phenomenon with the most concurrent players on planet earth.

Yeah, despite what a lot of people probably think, Bluehole isn't some scrappy little studio founded by Brendan Greene, it's a big, Korean MMO developer that's existed for a decade.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

precision posted:

The fact that PUBG has an explicit rule against anyone ever working together unless you're specifically playing a team mode is something I didn't even know until 30 minutes ago, but is the perfect example of what I meant when I said it seems such a flat and sterile experience.

I disagree with a lot of your arguments in that I'll probably enjoy PUBG when I do play it (aka when it's no longer EA, for what that means nowadays) but yeah, everything I hear around the periphery--banning gimmick players and people who just want to screw around, overcatering to streamers, this whole Fortnite thing--makes me wary.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I know people are trying to make PUBG into an esport and ironically the films and fiction that inspired the mode of gameplay are all very sports-like but I can't imagine caring about a competitive scene around the thing. I only watch as much of it as I do because all the media people I follow got sucked into it like that game that took over the Enterprise in Star Trek

I know from the bombcast that the winner of the invitational just sat outside the forcefield chugging health items and getting zero kills until the very end. :effort:

I also think the whole "peeking" thing, where you can angle the camera to see above fences and around walls while fully in cover is very lame, so I'll probably only ever play in first-person servers.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

al-azad posted:

Westwood had an incredibly versatile catalog. They popularized RTS' with Dune 2, revitalized the Dungeon Master style dungeon crawler with Lands of Lore/Eye of the Beholder, and made one of two good 90s 3D adventure games with Blade Runner which explored its concept better than the movie and I'd put above Grim Fandango in terms of quality.

EA ruined Westwood by turning them into the RTS company and ignoring their skills in basically every other genre.

You left out Nox.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

al-azad posted:

Works for me.

Same, and same page.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I tuned into the GB Raid stream and a lot of it seems to be standing still and calling out shapes, which is not how I like to play shooters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Controversial opinion, but I like all the current GB crew and think they add to the site. Shocking, I know.

• Locked thread