Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I would post in the September thread but it's closed

I can't believe that mods were complicit in this illegal jumping the gun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

VideoGames posted:

This is entirely my fault. I woke up with my calendar wrong and got confused!! Apologies september lovers!

In the spirit of Halloween.... I forgive you

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I've been playing Persona and SMT games in a very erratic order and while sometimes I miss QoL things from the later games it's never been a deal breaker.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

glam rock hamhock posted:

Is Berseria one of them?

I have to level with you, I got it because I was told that the main character was just an angry rear end in a top hat that doesn't have time for all the dumb anime bullshit happening around her and that is very appealing to me, especially after just having gone though GR2

Berseria is arguably the best one. Get ready to be the villain.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

an actual dog posted:

The perfect game is Picross 3D Round 2

You know... this is true

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I didn't conduct an extensive background check on Hat in Time man when I backed it like 4 years ago or whatever.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Go with something you know you'll like. This is supposed to be a reward to relax after a stressful time so it should be something you're really excited about.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

The who framed roger rabbit part with the shoe always frightened me and even now that part terrifies me.

It's hosed up

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The Bloodborne thread seems to be broken for some reason

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3708107&perpage=40&pagenumber=1433#pti1

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

oddium posted:

all of zdr's posts were ripped out of the db and its doing weird stuff

What why

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The Colonel posted:

a hat in time is a game that makes me feel any emotion, so it's already more of a game than yooka-laylee

Yup. It's insanely cute too. I'm 4 time pieces in and it's a lot of fun.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

I think people say Yooka Laylee is very good since they patched it but I don't know if I believe them

While I'm sure it's better there's not much they can do about the lifeless level design and characters

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Hat in Time is extremely good

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Lizard Wizard posted:

I wish I could provide more details atm, but all google turns up is a pro-GG subreddit roundly dismissing the thing.

The answer is it's all vague rumors about stuff from 10+ years ago so who cares just play video games

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

CyberPingu posted:

So AGDQ 2018 is not going to include Super Metroid for the first time since it started

http://www.shacknews.com/article/101669/super-metroid-will-not-be-run-at-awesome-games-done-quick-2018

Good, finally

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

i don't really watch these speedrun things but aren't you obligated to power through your fuckups and keep going until the run is complete regardless of whether or not your time is going to be screwed up

Super Metroid has no autosaves. If you die you go back to the beginning of the game since they skip all the save points.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

http://www.pcgamer.com/mircrotransaction-and-dlc-have-tripled-the-value-of-the-game-industry/

loving the typo "mircrotransaction" in both the url and the article title btw

That's it. We're doomed

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I always thought Goombas were supposed to be evil mushrooms but then someone told me I was wrong and they are actually chestnuts?

They are mushrooms. Specifically they're designed to resemble shiitake mushrooms in contrast to the Toads looking like toadstools.

As to why they're called "chestnut person" in Japanese, my guess is it's just a reference to their color.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

CJacobs posted:

Actually they're like the ball-chin-ians from men in black

:eyepop:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

oddium posted:

i always have trouble with these smt spell names

lmao

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

There's great games on both systems and I will soon be glad to own both.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Accordion Man posted:

Hey, its been a long time since I played it. :negative:
Please no, I just got done with all those years of therapy and the nightmares had finally stopped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqqczTWtFKE

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Healbot posted:

Mainline SMT rocks and is way better than Persona.

Also peep that trailer :eyepop:

:yeah:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Oh my bad :shobon: hehe. Went back and fixed it

Lol nice

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

Will I be lost if I didn't play Smiliad first?

No, but personally I always preferred Smaeneid to either of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

That's a solid maybe. At the very least there are moons that it would be easier to use the motion controls for but it's hard to say offhand that there's not a single one that outright requires them.

But like if you don't like them just don't use them until you really need them?? All the controllers have them built in so if you hit something that you can't do easily with the buttons just use the motion controls briefly and move on.

• Locked thread