Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

It took me an embarrassingly long time to realize that Boos are supposed to be playing peek-a-boo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Phantasium posted:

I finally got around to beating Kirby Triple Deluxe despite owning it since shortly after it came out

Not much to say, Kirby games still own, and so do their finales.

I need to play through that again, I got the the last world when it came out and then my kids deleted my save file so I never bothered playing it again.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

exquisite tea posted:

I forgot where I read this but Ubisoft has anti-high fantasy development culture, that's why Assassin's Creed continues its simulation meta-narrative framework

The framing narrative is such loving trash though. Surely they have to be aware of that, right?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Plebian Parasite posted:

Considering Ubisoft and Nintendo just worked together to actually good effect, you'd think they'd avoid stepping on each others toes so blatantly by releasing their AAA titles on the same day.

It's not like their games are even being released on the same consoles, literally nobody is going to be saying "well I COULD buy the new rear end creed but I'm gonna get Mario instead" and certainly not vice versa

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Scalding Coffee posted:

Kirby can talk?

Only in that one SNES puzzle game.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

In Training posted:

Doom 1 has way better levels but it also doesn't have the super shotgun or enemies attacking each other so it's a toss up.

Enemies definitely attack each other in Doom 1

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

In Training posted:

Its espcially rough in ranked because of how far away a death puts you from the objective. Which is fine in concept but coupled with how the middle of that map is designed...woof! There's a reason no maps from Splatoon 2 even resemble Moray Towers but thanks to the japanese popularity vote on which maps to bring to S2 we have this wonderful relic! gently caress off you idiotic japanese middle schoolers! you dont know map design for poo poo!

Wait, that was picked because they put it up to a vote?! Over massively superior maps like Skatepark or Warehouse, or even Heights??

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

oddium posted:

rest in peace tom petty, the "American Girl".......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXkblbJqwn0

what the fuuuuuck

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

al-azad posted:

He died of a heart attack ack ack ack ack?

No, we're saving that pun for when Billy Joel dies.

al-azad posted:

The reports of tom petty's death are greatly exaggerated.

Well not really, the man is on life support and barely clinging on.

He was taken off life support hours ago, he dead

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Does that gardener have a hitler stache
Is this a game about the goose that drove Hitler to madness

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

PantsBandit posted:

I'd like to see a Mario brawler where you play as Bowser going around just absolutely loving poo poo up. Unlocking/upgrading skills like fire breath, shell spin, and butt stomp.

Tron Bonne but with koopa troopas and goombas instead of servbots

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

CharlestonJew posted:

I'm not afraid to say it:

I've never been scared by a cartoon before.

I wouldn't necessarily say I was scared by it, but this bit from this Christmas cartoon where mice evolve and carry on Christmas traditions after humanity has eradicated itself has always stuck with me.

(ignore the lovely music, this "music video" is the only clip I could find)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfItejvmEXs&t=70s

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

What the hell is this and why do people seem excited about it

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

FirstAidKite posted:

Was Anomalisa any good?

No

The Colonel posted:

i don't think i've seen someone talk about watching sausage party without expressing some sort of regret that they watched sausage party

Sausage Party seems like the kind of thing that dipshit teenagers would dream up when they're still trying to be edgy, but somehow it was created by fully grown-rear end adults

raditts fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Oct 5, 2017

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

Imagine if the recent remakes of disney games looked like Cuphead.

I doubt anybody is gonna look back at the 3d Castle of Illusion remake and give a poo poo.

Nobody cares less about the quality of Disney games than Disney themselves.
The days of the Genesis Lion King where they got the actual animators to do the animations are long gone and they ain't coming back.

Help Im Alive posted:

When I'm a powerful video game executive I'll say to the boardroom "the easiest way to pander to these idiots is letting them pet 'cattes' 'doggos' and 'puppers'"

The inability to pet dogs in Breath of the Wild was a critical flaw so I don't know why the gently caress you're framing this as a bad thing

Raxivace posted:

Akuma is deceitful and a liar. His name would have you believe he is some kind of a bear but clearly he's just a guy.

Fortunately Tekken 7 lets you match him up against Kuma to set the record straight

hyphz posted:

I think Akuma is only called that because they called him that on Usenet.

Dunno if it originated with Usenet but they definitely called him that in the game magazines at the time.
If you used the code to play as him in the console versions of SSF2T, the versus mode score listings had him labeled as Gouki though.
Dunno why they didn't just stick with that for the English translations, maybe they thought people would pronounce it "gooky" or something.

raditts fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Oct 5, 2017

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

I don't understand, did they need an image of a dead guy to overlay on their background image and someone on the art staff just did a Google image search and decided that one would do?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

homeless snail posted:

man what a sick humble monthly bundle, the bad f2p quake, the bad elder scrolls mmo, and the bad elder scrolls card game

Well they had a good 7-8 month streak of pretty good bundles so it was about time one of them turned out to be poo poo I guess.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

babypolis posted:

do americans do the whole collecting cards that you would glue onto a stickerbook as kids? there were tons of different ones but the soccer and world cup ones were some of the best, maybe thats why

or maybe its just convenient from an ui standpoint

You mean like baseball cards? Yeah, that's kind of a thing here. I think it is anyway, i passed the age where people gave a poo poo about baseball cards long ago.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

FirstAidKite posted:

It reminds me of how nomura saw the les mis movie and wanted to change ff15 into a musical but the staff actually put their foot down on that one because it had already been delayed and in development for so long

I haven't played FF15 and don't really give a poo poo about the series anymore but a musical probably would have brought me back

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

In Training posted:

I would show them Pong or Space Quest. You need to start somewhere

Space Quest? You mean Space War? I wouldn't exactly call Sierra games "art"

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

gently caress, every time I think I have this October's GOTM on lock something comes to shake it up

https://twitter.com/wolfenstein/status/919684333207568385

Not sure about GOTM but this just locked Wolf 2 down as a day one purchase, even if I won't get to play it for a couple months

Taintrunner posted:

It's because they're Nazis

and I think they make they make their stance on nazis clear here

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Cowcaster posted:

i want wolfenstein ii so bad but my friends want me to pick up destiny 2 and i can't justify getting both right next to each other this is basically the toughest decision anyone has ever had to make ever

No... this is not at all a difficult decision.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

a.lo posted:

Should i get wolfenstien (nazi punch) or mario (sombrero hat)

porque no los dos?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Colonel posted:

this thing exists if you're interested in giving it a try

https://heroesoflegend.org/affiliate-projects/faxanadu/

I was looking at these images and thinking "This doesn't look like how I remember Faxanadu at all!"
and then I realized all these years I'd had it mixed up with The Magic of Scherazade.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

CJacobs posted:

Mods please change my name to CJ! (don't actually, it's what my mom calls me)

Does your mom call you a Busta and berate you for not following the train?

e: beaten, of course

raditts fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Oct 17, 2017

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Propaganda Hour posted:

Instead of playing Castlevania III y'all should just watch the Netflix mini-series.

Better yet, don't do this.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

I thought the part where he lifted up the other dude by his dick and slammed him would be the best part, but then at the end he topped it with his best Kramer impression

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Dark Souls, Zelda 2, there's practically no difference

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

some guy on the bus posted:

Zelda 2 is fun. There's that difference.

You have to learn fire magic from the town elder in order to conjure up a hot take like this

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

al-azad posted:

Breath of the Wild made me revisit Zelda 2 and my opinion of its core design was much more positive than when I was a kid, but the dungeons are absolute trash. They're just as long as a 2D Zelda game with nothing in them. Just long hallways, dead ends, and optional enemies as you hunt for the hidden key to the next section.

I had the opposite experience, I had memories of enjoying Zelda 2 as a kid, but then I replayed it a few years back and I don't want to play that lovely game again as long as I live.
It's not even the nintendo-hardness of it, it's just a badly designed game.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Doorknob Slobber posted:

If I buy a game on the nintendo store with the WiiU do I have it for all future platforms(like the switch) or is it platform specific?

I ask mainly because the account/purchases from my Wii didn't transfer over

The switch is not backwards compatible, so no your Wii U purchases will not carry over.
Your Wii purchases should have been accessible on the Wii U through the vWii side though, and stuff like VC that's available on both they give you the privilege of re-buying for the Wii U side for like $2.

food court bailiff posted:

every nintendo ecosystem is unique and nothing crosses over, if you get upset about this nintendo will send you a copy of nintendogs, let you get attached to your dumb virtual doggo, then have it shot in front of you for your obvious lack of faith

e: also what games are actually available for both platforms other than BotW?

Shovel Knight, and...????

raditts fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Oct 20, 2017

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I got as far as the fourth world and it took me dozens or even hundreds of runs just to get that far and then something killed me instantly and I had no idea what happened. I realized then that it would take me dozens or even hundreds more runs just to consistently get to the fourth world to actually learn and get a feel for it. I also realized that while I had fun with the hours I put into the game, I did not want to put more time into it and I knew I would have less fun if I kept trying at that point.

The above paragraph also describes word-for-word my experiences with Spelunky, Rogue Legacy, and Crypt of the Necrodancer

Rogue Legacy at least you can make progressively easier between runs.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Kanfy posted:

Funny, I also beat Spelunky, Rogue Legacy and NecroDancer exactly once but never did anything extra after that in those either.

I usually play games only once, not even games I liked unless I really, really liked them.
I almost got to the City of Gold once in Spelunky, but then some bullshit killed me literally right in front of the door and I realized the process to get there was not fun at all and never bothered to try it again.

raditts fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Oct 20, 2017

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

chumbler posted:

Give me a Zelda game where Ganondorf or Zelda is the protagonist.

Ganondorf is the protagonist for part of Hyrule Warriors.

And the CD-I games have been around for a couple of decades if Zelda as a protagonist is what you want.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Olive! posted:

I got the white sword before dungeon 2 at least, just from exploring. I couldn't find a place that sells the ring.

Pretty sure the blue ring shop is somewhere along the beach on the east side of the map. I want to say there is one other place you can get it but I can't remember since I haven't played the game in years.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

final fantasy in general really

MIND FLARE

Life is short... Bury! Steady Sword!

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

codenameFANGIO posted:

That is a Galoomba. They are different.

I reject this revisionist history!

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

CJacobs posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf9zPeN2va4

New mario bros world record, it's down to such a science now that it has to be measured in hundredths of a second, soon to be thousandths

It seemed like he kinda started the game arbitrarily with respect to his timer, what was up with that?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

al-azad posted:

trophies are fun and i wish they were around when i was a kid

I liked the idea of trophies / achievements when they were basically some out-of-the-way extra challenges you could do after finishing a game that you wouldn't normally try to do in the regular course of gameplay, but after a while they seemed to all just become progress trackers and tedious "find all the bear butts" completionist crap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

chumbler posted:

It sounds like he wants to draw the comic book art, but have it be sold through in game stores. It is unclear if the comic books would be related to the games they are sold in.

This strategy would make him zero dollars. Make sure he understands that.

• Locked thread