Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Lord Hydronium posted:

4 > 5 > R1 > 1 > 3 > 6 > 7 > 2. Droids are people.

:getin: on the thread title.

Where does the Christmas special fall in this list?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Irisi posted:

You talking about the scene where Laura Derns' character fires the goddamn ship into hyperspace right through the First Orders' ship? Because good god, that was beautiful. The movie went silent, and you could feel everyone in the cinema holding their breath. It was absolutely stunning.

Not going to lie there’s a lot of the movie I’ll probably end up not liking on second viewing but HOLY poo poo that one moment is going to carry the movie for me for a long time.

Like oh my god that was so good. Overall the movie was good? I think it had more good than bad for me and the bad was more of a “why”. It was longer than I thought it would be too.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Dec 15, 2017

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So I get getting rid of the old and moving away from the Jedi and Sith but... that’s it for Snoke? We never get to find out what the poo poo his deal is or how he formed/started the First Order and how things went from decades of a republic back to square 1?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Also as cool as the visuals were I thought it was silly how the movie starts with the reveal of the big rear end super dreadnought star destroyer... which gets immediately clowned by the rebels. Then after they escape they immediately bring an even bigger star dreadnought destroyer... which also gets clowned. At this point the First Order is like 2 steps away of having super dreadnought destroyers made of giant dreadnought. By the end up episode 9 we’ll get a fleet of Death Stars somehow managing to lose to some x-wings.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Do you guys think Ben just started working out while shirtless randomly after the first time their minds meet just in the off chance she links again during a workout? I mean all he was missing was a “999... 1000... 1001... 100 oh hi Rey, didn’t see you there”

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Liquid Drink posted:

No offense but if you like this movie at all you are most likely braindead and jump up and down when Coke commercials come on.

Coke makes good commercials, friend.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

CelticPredator posted:

Gareth Edwards cameo was better tho.

I like the guy that yells LAAAAAAUNCH at him. One line but man he made it work.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Rey continually pissing off the caretakers was pretty great. They should have done at least one more gag about it

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Man this science fiction movie isn’t realistic at all.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

CornHolio posted:

No, they stopped accelerating, whereas the large Imperial ships did not.

Nah I’m pretty sure they actually started diverting / wobbling until they fell in range of the guns.

(I’ve only seen this once so I may be misremembering the ships after they started getting hit)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Actually what he did mention alongside the fighter complaint just made me realize how stupid the chase was. They only had 1 destroyer on the role of tracker and I certainly doubt the additional destroyers was the entire first order fleet. They “chased” the resistance for hours and at no point they went “they’re flying in a straight line lets just get a spare destroyer to jump ahead of them” or just call for more destroyers since that was all that’s left of the resistance.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So for episode 9, they’re obviously doing a time jump, right? Jump a few years ahead? This lets them address Leia dying off-screen, maybe bring some of those Force sensitive individuals into the spotlight and have the Resistance grown into something more than 30 some people.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I Before E posted:

Star Wars is anime

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

sponges posted:

I want them to gently caress

It would be the most hate gently caress gently caress ever put on film. Wait what if they use the force while loving? Has the EU touched on that? It has, hasn’t?

You know what, don’t answer that.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

sassassin posted:

He's a Good Guy. This is a special mutation belonging only to a chosen few.

I hope it’s trailer misdirection and in the movie he shoots first every single time.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Love to saturate the film market with endless avengers and Star Wars for the rest of my life.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

viral spiral posted:

I'm only down with this if the films are rated R.

You don’t need R to slice and maim with a light saber. Especially if it’s an alien.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I feel I should know this but I’m drawing a blank. What was the movie?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Rey is going to unlock the Force and all the dead Jedi will come back as ghosts and all the Sith will come back as ghost and the finale will be a big ghost fight where all the ghost with ghost ships and ghost lightsabers fight and it ends when Lando blows up the ghost Death Star and they finish the movie by celebrating in Endor.

With ghost eworks.

The twist is they’re bringing back Yub Nub.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I said come in! posted:

I can accept a short cameo of Palpatine but nothing else. I really hope Palpatine is not central to the plot of this movie, or it turns out he has been pulling the strings the entire time in the sequels.

They showed the wreckage of a Death Star (I’m guessing Endor?) so I’m 100% on board the theory that the ghost of palpatine is haunting the wreckage and is the source of Snoke/dark side in these times.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

thrawn527 posted:

No.

It's The Rise of Skywalker.

I wonder how many fanfic erotica stories currently use this title.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Grendels Dad posted:

I can't think of a single resolution to the Rey's parents thing that isn't either lame or :psyduck: or both. It would be lame if her parents were familiar characters. The more popular the characters, the lamer it would be, with Sheev as peak lameness. If her parents are OG characters, it would be weird because they would have to find a way to make people give a poo poo, and they loving suck at doing that.

She's going to be a clone of someone.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Jerkface posted:

Uhhhh spoilers... In Dr Aphra comics its revealed a jedi built a sniper rifle that shoots lightsabers and got excommunicated by the jedi order & killed because he was using it to destroy evil people but like... really blasting em to bits and poo poo and like non-stop. The aphra comics rule.

In the Darth Vader series there is also a lightsaber powered rifle that Jocasta uses against Vader.

(Darth Vader #10)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Gonz posted:

Baseless speculation and rumor-mongering:

Deadline confirmed

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1162153254278447105?s=20

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ammanas posted:

lightsaber fight in the vacuum of space
sounds dumb enough

This happened in the Darth Vader comic book already! Vader immediately force pushes the opponent off the ship they were on and he flails helplessly to his death

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Vintersorg posted:

Onscreen version of the below confirmed.

Rebels was insanely good, yeah.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This is the closest we’ve come to DIVE DIVE DIVE HIT THE BURNERS PILOT on the big screen and I’m glad for it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Pretty good posted:

VII is portable ops, VIII is Rising, IX is guns of the patriots

Man this makes perfect sense somehow. Especially 8 as Rising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Imagine watching what JJ did to Star Trek AND Star Wars and going “I gotta get me some of that for my beloved franchise!”