Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
did this thread ever get better, I recall it being a lite version of the gbs thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

dunno probably some white male expat who “teaches English” in Thailand

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

I teach history in America

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

lmao he wants China to go back to the five dynasties and ten kingdoms

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

lol Stanford

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Cookie Cutter posted:

I think this Amnesty International report that's just come out is worth a bit of deeper attention, as you can bet yer rear end it will be used as a bludgeon by the anti-China/pro-US crowd in the coming days and weeks.

https://xinjiang.amnesty.org/

My initial reaction is to keep in mind that AI was originally founded as a UK intelligence asset and has historically taken a pro-West line including spreading the classic "soldiers taking babies from incubators" lie used to justify the Iraq war, so they're not exactly an unbiased source of information - but despite this bias they still don't go so far as to call anything a genocide. In fact Ctrl-F-ing the word "genocide" in the full report returns only one reference article from The Economist titled "Genocide is the wrong word for the horrors of Xinjiang".
Anyone have any more thoughts or insights into AI or this report?

108 people were interviewed for this report: 55 former detainees of internment camps in Xinjiang (37 men and 16 women), 15 other people who lived in or visited Xinjiang since 2017, and 48 family members of people from Xinjiang who are currently missing or detained. The majority of the interviewees were Kazakh, a minority were Uyghurs, and a small number were Kyrgyz, or Han Chinese.

wait what???

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Cao Ni Ma posted:

This is the ultimate form of a defectors grift. Having exhausted all that they could from stories of how insane their native country was, they instead coax the internal political divisions of a completely unrelated country to gain notoriety and then money. Its like Diamond and Silk on steroids.

don’t miss out on the strategically placed YouTube award and book with her face on the cover

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

anyway big lols at d&d collectively going "doesn't look like anything to me" when presented with the raw data zenz uses that disproves zenz

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Lmao I was wondering what those types thought of the data. Can't trust the dastardly CPC I suppose.

it can only be trusted when properly analyzed by man that thinks he's heaven sent to destroy the PRC and doesn't know math

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

.... is japan not hosting this year?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

when you genocide a people, their population increases. that's just science -d&d

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

indigi posted:

god drat that seems so loving exhausting

he gets an instant level 3 sanity break event every year

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

it’s at least not in Beijing again is it?

e: gently caress it is, lol

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

laughing at the idea of China harvesting data to build their own super team of Olympic Monstars

secret footage obtained at the cost over 50 dedicated CIA spies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXPgh2XiQ0w&t=37s

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

GoLambo posted:

so is everywhere on this forum outside of C-SPAM running with the genocide consensus? Like even after all this obvious stuff has come .h out to deconstruct the basic zenz birthrate poo poo as being extremely suspect or just outright bad math? I thought these nerds loved to talk about data and stuff, but I guess enough guardian pieces have been written that it seems to basically be canon now.

no the GBS thread is currently calling all Chinese people liars because I guess bone splinters in food is a thing?

nobody in those threads gives two shits about China except like the dozen goons that never stop talking about romance of the three kingdoms. it’s all just “let us ‘discuss’ the most recent piece of western propaganda” because they know nothing of Chinese history or the cultures of China. they just want to appear smart to the foggy bottom shitheads by mastering the ‘news’

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

like look at their “media criticism thread” that has absolutely zero discussion or mention of anything resembling source criticism. instead you have this garbage from a dipshit that couldn’t pass the bar

quote:

4. Break the “Pentagon Papers Principle:” Focus on the why in addition to the what. Make the disinformation campaign as much a part of the story as the email or hacked information dump. Change the sense of newsworthiness to accord with the current threat. Since Daniel Ellsberg’s 1971 leak of the Pentagon Papers, journalists have generally operated under a single rule: Once information is authenticated, if it is newsworthy, publish it. How it was obtained is of secondary concern to the information itself. In this new era, when foreign adversaries like Russia are hacking into political campaigns and leaking material to disrupt our democracy and to favor one candidate, journalists need to abandon this principle

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

by the standards set forth in in the d&d media literacy thread one would have to denounce the Katyn massacre as nazi propaganda

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

5. Build your news organization’s muscle for determining the origin and nature of viral information. A responsible newsroom would never take the authenticity of leaked or other non-public content at face value because the authenticity of the content goes to the very heart of its newsworthiness

the only legit sources are CIA press releases

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

I will never hate Cheesecake Factory because one of their bartenders didn’t say gently caress off when I asked for a mojito

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

jeez bernie maybe you shouldn't have been a bitch baby moron and used your one chance at chipping away imperial power instead of talking up joe

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

anti-chinese racism on these forums? impossible say the mods of gbs and d&d!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Grapplejack posted:

Rask did you get banned or something where'd your av go

the mods blank the Tiananmen ones unless you're centrist committee and ask to keep it as a point of pride

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

i'm going to make italian lab leak theory my new gimmick. the italians used the coronavirus for their experiments because it looks like a meatball

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lazzaro_Spallanzani_National_Institute_for_Infectious_Diseases

quote:

During the COVID-19 pandemic, the Spallanzani Institute was the first research centre in Europe to isolate the genomic sequence of SARS-CoV-2 and upload it to GenBank.[2] The team was composed of Maria Rosaria Capobianchi, Francesca Colavita, and Concetta Castilletti.[3]

level 4 biosafety institute? italy with first covid outbreaks??? first to to have covid's genome???? hmmmm :thunk:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Top City Homo posted:

are you ok mentally?

it’s a quote from a user permabanned for calling for the mass stabbing of all Han

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

exmarx posted:

can't trust em

lol fojar is mad

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Grapplejack posted:

The Iranian vote total looks like it was about 48%, with about a 14% blank / purposefully void ballots. Raisi ended up getting 62% of the vote.

Pretty dogshit considering they usually have a 70% turnout normally and void / blank ballots are normally less than 3% historically

do they have absentee ballots? I’d imagine after COVID not many people are either happy or willing to go to polling places

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Zedhe Khoja posted:

goon cyoa discord just had a meltdown in it's politics channel with some dude screaming about tankies and china fetishists.
the china hysteria is mind boggling in how thoroughly and successfully it's poisoned peoples brains. its loving everywhere

it’s funny how much the China threads have made the forums believe cspam is genocide denialists because we don’t accept zenz’s bullshit about sterilization and murder camps but no one here denies the things there are actual proof of

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Homeless Friend posted:

You tankie sons o´ bitches Taiwan #1

it owns how these imbeciles think this is like showing a cross to a vampire.

if the people of Taiwan self determine themselves to be an independent country, without westerners forcing separatism on them, who gives a gently caress

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

is there a way to nuke bitcoin?

offline X% of miners between blocks

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Did anyone deny the Rwandan genocide other than Belgians?

france

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

thinkin about how the UN Peacekeepers knew where the genocidaires were stockpiling weapons and requested permission to do something about it, but were told no.

changing my answer to kofi annan then

Raskolnikov38 has issued a correction as of 01:42 on Jun 22, 2021

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

pandas suck, there I said it

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

hurrr I’ve evolved to eat the most nutrient poor grass on the planet, please save me from my own deserved extinction for being a genetic dead end

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Flunky posted:

they should have done Giant Salamander Diplomacy instead of sending out their volcel bear

lmao starting a petition.org to make pandas the official mascot of volcels

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

why are you idiots doing anything in the black sea anyway

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

thatfatkid posted:

Except the heightened alert that Iran was put on by the US assassinating their top general is a kinda important qualifier

their air defense system was on high alert because the Air Force was buzzing them over the gulf that night

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

indigi posted:

ok they still shot down a civilian plane

did I say they didn’t

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

thatfatkid posted:

Not sure why you insist on wanting to buy into the sabre rattling bullshit arguments of neocolonialists.

The US created the situation which led to the plane being shotdown, they are the ones which should be paying any reparations.

the US caused the situation of the air defense net being switched on but im p sure its the fault of the SAM commander who suddenly saw a single blip appear over downtown tehran, hundreds of miles away from the airspace intrusions, and launched on his own authority

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

fits my needs posted:

hows this poo poo any different from american museums and historical sites and stuff?

the American museum wouldn’t have maxims to play with and someone would have already stolen the c96 Mauser to make a Han Solo replica blaster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

stephenthinkpad posted:

The US helped KMT fight Japan thru the Myanmar route right? Did US gave any weapon to the CCP to fight the Japanese? I don't remember.

the us general in charge of aid realized that chiang was such a crook that he wanted all military aid redirected to mao