Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Cheap Heat: WWE part-time employee Peter Rosenberg and his friend Stat Guy Greg go over the week's wrestling events, largely from the fan perspective. Rosenberg's inside access occasionally grants them interviews or some additional info on goings-on, but for the most part, they just talk about the week.

The Masked Man Show: Prior to the closure of ESPN's Grantland, longtime wrestling writer David Shoemaker was also on Cheap Heat. Following the creation of The Ringer, and a move out west, Shoemaker started his own podcast. It's pretty much the same kind of thing as Cheap Heat, but without anyone working for WWE.

Talk is Jericho: Current WWE wrestler and frontman of rock band Fozzy, Chris Jericho interviews a wide range of guests, including current and former wrestlers, musicians, and so on. You can easily skip the first 10 minutes or so where he shills whatever his sponsor of the week is and also the latest Fozzy record. Despite being a WWE wrestler, they don't seem to have much oversight on who he invites or what they talk about, which is a good thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

OGB posted:

The Rough House Podcast: Justin is the host of a major market morning radio show. Christoff is the ex production guy at the same station, who had to abandon his dreams of broadcasting. Together, they tear apart the world of wrestling every week, but usually end up complaining about their lives in incredibly filthy ways.
I stopped listening to this one after they spent half an episode complaining that not enough people supported their Patreon.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Mob posted:

Pollock's been around a long rear end time, I think he used to write at XWrestling with me back in 2000-01
Oh you're *that* Mob! Had no idea

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Suplex Liberace posted:

Rovert baby, I really hope that's not your screenshot with the start button in the top left hand corner.

rovert posted:

Robbed it from Wreddit tbh
Yeah of all the extremely hosed up things I have seen on the internet, this is way up there.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

rovert posted:

The LAW will be replaced by an "IMPACT promotional show" according to Meltzer. With the likes of Borash and Bob Ryder.

:negative:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Dave is American and wouldn't say "maths" :colbert:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Chris James 2 posted:

Honestly didn't know where else to put this

Jericho is getting a Travel Channel show, The Legend Of with Chris Jericho, where he travels the world investigating legends and folktales

Finally someone will investigate the hollow earth lizard people

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lid posted:

It's 20 years on and people can still recall Jericho's WCW heel run, Y2J, first undisputed champion (lol), glitter jacket, scarves, the list...

Orton has...

Murdering Singh brothers

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The latest issue of The Comedy Button (#310) has John Carle, former WWE writer. It's pretty interesting and funny.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Austin did a couple with Billy Gunn that weren't bad, and the latest is with Chris Jericho, which I haven't listened to yet

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

"Did WCW pay someone?" he asks

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

You should definitely keep posting and tweeting about this, what with your enlightened views on Roma.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

So is lying online and that despicable Shave Seltzer does it all the time

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

In real podcast news:

https://twitter.com/mongo_ebooks/status/969437380460597248

It starts out a little weak but the second half is just insane. I don't want this to be the "Read Jerry Jarrett's Book" Podcast but I had to this time.

So uh is there no part 9?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Episode 19 was technically episode 9. It just got added out of order.

Gotcha.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rick posted:

Do you talk about basketball?

I'll talk about basketball.

But my knowledge is mostly from NBA Jam, so I hope you like me talking about people being on fire a lot

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Oh I also played some of Barkley Shut Up and Jam Gaiden so I know also know about Chaos Dunks

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

remusclaw posted:

Roman is a magnified Sheamus from a couple of years ago. He will find his place in a tag team or in the mid card sometime down the road. People will never forget though, and any attempt to move him back up the card will see whatever reactions he is getting by that point turned to boo’s again.

I hope he looks stupid

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Is this a better or worse decision than changing Kaitlyn's entrance music?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Low Desert Punk posted:

battlefield earth really isn't even all that bad, compared to the poo poo that's out there. it's loving terrible but it has recognizable actors and actual sets and poo poo

bryan and vinny should Black Devil Doll from Hell

It's bad because it had a massive budget, bombed miserably, supports a bullshit "religion," and has pretty much no redeeming qualities, despite, as you mentioned, recognizable actors and actual sets and poo poo.

But yeah, if your goal is to watch "worst thing ever" then, sure, you could do a lot worse than Battlefield Earth.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Holy poo poo Bryan is an employee?

Very nice of them to hire him for real. He must be happy that he doesn't have to pay as much taxes plus gets benefits.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm glad Hulkamatt escaped MRT's sex cage

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Anime Reference posted:

As bad as an understaffed checkout line sucks for customers it's even worse for the cashiers. Cashiering at Walmart was probably the worst experience of my life.

Yeah, I cashiered for K-Mart back in high school, and if you've ever been into a K-Mart, there's no such thing as an appropriate staffing level, no matter what time or how busy it is.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

LividLiquid posted:

Um...

Not your sexuality, but your gender? Did you get a brain wire crossed when you were typing this?

Maybe he is homophobic but not transphobic? Somehow?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Meltzer retweeted this, but, uh, isn't this literally how Meltzer got started?

https://twitter.com/ocampoxlaw/status/1057344261178384384

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

a big fat bunny posted:

Dave's got a Journalism degree though and wrote for newspapers though?

Did he? I guess I wasn't aware of that!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I nominate MRT for Hulkamatt of the Year

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Do we get a Hulkamatt of the year?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Professor Funk posted:

Did Shoemaker leave The Ringer? I noticed he hasn't put out a new podcast in a while, and also hasn't tweeted in a while
Nah he had a kid.
https://twitter.com/maskedmanshow/status/1082783167394672640?s=21

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Raskolnikov38 posted:

dave should try speech to text, the resulting newsletter would be amazing

It would be literally 4 times as long

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Wrote a million words, never drew a dime

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

beggar posted:

Nigel: "People with a vagina also have a perineum"

Bob: "We call them women"

This is transphobic.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

2. WWE paid -$700,000 in taxes last year in spite of record revenue/profits. That's MINUS 700k
Yeah, you can claim foreign taxes paid as a credit on your federal taxes. WWE paid more in taxes to foreign governments than they would otherwise owe to the US, so they get a refund. So it's not like they didn't pay taxes, it's just that our taxes are indirectly subsidizing Saudi Arabia, so that's real cool.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

So why don't you scoop Meltzer, scoopsman?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Punk's lawyers are saying that Punk saying,"I got you, fam" doesn't constitute a legal contract.

They're probably right, sadly.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rodney the Piper posted:

This was elite content.
Jason Priestly confirmed for AEW!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Good, Seinfeld sucks

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

sportsgenius86 posted:

Also, blame local leaders who just want the money the event brings and refuse to do even the literal base level of research on when these things typically end.

I can't speak for NJT, but the transit authority here requires notice from the event holder and the event holder has to pay to keep the Metro open after normal hours if the event is expected to run late.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Jimmy doesn't know
That Danielson and me
Grapple in my van every Monday
He tells him he's at Raw
But he doesn't go
Still he's kicking me
And Jimmy doesn't know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike