Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

If you’re doing Cavern Crawl in ranked there’s a special place in hell for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

I abandoned two games in a day, and I’ve been punished by 4 games of Low Prio.

I’m Herald, and in last game I went 9/3/34 as CM. I legit felt like a Smurf, the opposition were atrocious.

Can recommend non party queue Single Draft.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

CyberPingu posted:

offlane Hoodwink

Feel incredibly frustrated that I'm never getting out of Herald at this rate.

I tease, I’m in the same boat. I play pos 5, and the amount of time I’m with a shotgun morph or an AM who starts the game and says “I don’t buy BF” makes me want to cry.

I’m also dogshit at the game, and feed relentlessly, but even I can see when my carry’s are being asshats.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Outworld Devourer

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

I love rotating on a SF mid and getting a kill on them to immediately buyback, and then do it again.

Nothing brings joy to my cold dead heart like tilting an SF player to oblivion.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

nice title op.

penopt SF

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Geight posted:

I think Wraith Pact is a cool item so I don't want it totally removed but it's already getting old how the offlane picks are determined by how good your hero is at building and using Wraith Pact

Come play in herald, no one builds wraith pact.

I really should just put my big boy pants on and play offlane brood.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

What is it with Magnus' and whiffing RP

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

I’m relatively new to Dota, 2 years and 2k matches, and just played Spirit Breaker. Why did no one tell me sooner that this hero is so much fun.

4 games, 3 wins.

Space Cow goes moo.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Sab669 posted:

I don't think you can continue describing yourself as "new" to DOTA with 2k games

I’m trying to excuse my badness at the game. 2k games, just ranked up to guardian 1

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

I don’t go for a pee until I know my hero is locked in. Strategy time? That’s for nerds and tryhards.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

I had a pos 5 CM rush Midas. Thankfully we lost in 19 minutes, but they ended the game with tranqs and 1500 in the bank.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Especially when those three things are to revert back over our side of the river to hit creep camps.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

I play pos 5, and even I think I could do better than this dropkick.

We went against a night stalker. So jugg would wander in, be silenced, and die.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

He wandered into a fight vs a night stalker who just popped silence and he couldn’t do anything.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Don’t be silly, we popped bladefury to speed up getting to them.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

sproink

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Ahh, everything is right with the world again. I'm back to Ancient 1.

Report; Smurf in game.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Sounds like we have similar experiences. I hit 10 mmr this year. I peaked back at 1200, and am now at 560. I mainly play support, but I keep thinking it would be easier to climb as a core as I can make the decisions. But then a) don’t like the pressure of being a core and b) am dogshit at this game.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Sab669 posted:

Post some of your Match IDs :thunk:

I’ll go one better; here’s my dotabuff

https://www.dotabuff.com/players/9047641

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Sab669 posted:

It was more just for my own morbid curiosity of what a game of double digit MMR dota looks like tbh. I don't play ranked so I don't know what my MMR even is (but DotaBuff says my All Pick Unranked matches are anywhere from low Archon to low Legend.)

So, my last game had a shadow blade disruptor.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

CyberPingu posted:

I'm glad I have someone in this thread to share my pain with.
loving sniper not buying dragon lance or morbid mask....

Also, 22minute deso pa. Who didn’t go BF first

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Geight posted:

None of my friends play this game anymore and solo matchmaking is consistently serving up miserable games these days, I'm starting to lose steam for Dota after playing it for over a decade. :smith: I don't feel like I really belong in an IHL because I'm not trying to train for competitive play, I just want games where all ten players have some idea of what they're doing and would like to try winning this match.

If you’ve got a spare Twitch prime sub kicking about; join the Pyrion Flax discord. There’s regularly 2 or 3 five-man stacks on the go.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Sab669 posted:

Sure hope this fuckin' dweeb gets nerfed soon. He's not cool or interesting to watch, he's not fun to play. Not fun to play against either.

What’s the counter? Just disable him as much as you can?

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

I like to use this game as therapy, I can say all the things that I’ve got bottled up; and 9 oo 10 times they don’t speak English, so it just washes over them.

Penopt

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

I don’t understand how people can have anything but 10k rating.

Are you all just toxic assholes?

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Tree goes bonk

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

OGS-Remix posted:

Quelling blade is only 100g now and you can literally chop down all the trees near lane before the game starts.

It's hilarious to see the tree get to lane and realize he's a slow, low armor melee with nowhere to hide.

Laughs in herald Dota.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

loving forced 50%, after getting to 980 mmr I’ve been 50% over my last 25 games.

Gabe just doesn’t want me to hit 1k mmr.

Some of the highlights have been; solar crest PA, mid Rubick (works for topson, not in guardian), ags ck vs Earthshaker and too many carry Furions.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

SpiritOfLenin posted:

i genuinely cannot tell if this is a joke post, copy pasted from reddit or a genuine opinion.

dota players own

It’s a genuine rant, maybe the forced 50% is a bit bollocks. But why can I go on a 6 win streak, then straight after get a bunch of item destroying, run down mid, mouth breathers.

It’s a conspiracy

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Sab669 posted:

Do you guys suppose the new hero will have voice lines, or will we have 3 heroes in a row of with nothing but [adjective noise]?

Surprised whistle

Grumbly roar

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

not saying it's forced 50%, buuuuuuuuuut

:synpa:

Oodles fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Mar 7, 2023

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

It’s mainly P Flax subs

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Patch good, gained 900 mmr over night

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Geight posted:

Back when Dota2 was the new Valve game stacks were easy to come by but I was also kind of a jerk back then so people eventually stopped wanting to play with me. Now most folks I know would prefer to watch Dota or will play like 1-2 games a year, tops. Every time I've tried to make a pal *thru* the game it's turned out to be a situation where they're only fun and chill while winning and/or super duper racist and it just didn't come up in the first match. I am doomed to be a solo gamer but my penance is now I try to be nice to people and talk raging cores down from the ledge.

PFlax has a discord for his twitch subs, which has a room specifically for Dota. There’s usually 2 or 3 stacks on the go there each night. If you’ve got a prime sub kicking about, and you’re wanting to play in a stack give it a thought.

There’s a huge range of skill, from 10mmr to numbered immortals. But pretty much mid archon.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

I’m really enjoying AA this patch. Think I’ve got about 75% wr with him. Just such an arsehole to lane against.

Managed to snipe two cores who went Armlet against me with my ult. We had a bloodseeker who could give me vision.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Spicy icy boi

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Geight posted:

My MMR delta was something embarrassing like -235 so I've got to figure something out.

Mine was 850, but I lucked out when glicko came online, and went up from Crusader to Archon.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

9-3 in my last ranked games. Looks like I’m being put back to where I belong.

Just can’t get to grips with new universal techies, 15% wr. I’ve tried just keep clicking in lane, but it seems to never really work.

If anyone fancies a laugh, here is my attempt to play techies. 7191918590

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Superrodan posted:

Is there a record for amount of MMR unintentionally lost in a month? Because I bet ya I'm gonna get it.

I’m feeling you too, mine looks exactly the same. About a week ago I was on 75% win rate, last few days I’m at 30%. It’s just been a night and day shift.

I’d like to blame everyone else, like my carry Magnus, or mid lich who went vanguard.