Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So I really want to flesh out my EO collection.

Right now I have EO4 and EO untold on my 3DS.

I have the cart for 3 as well at home.

It looks like I’m missing EO5, Untold 2 (which is a remake of 2), and EO Nexus.

Out of those which would be the best one if I wanted to start playing now? It looks like EO nexus is the last in the series for the 3DS is that correct?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ok thanks!

I was playing 4 some tonight but I think I’ve hosed my self lol.

I might just order 5 off amazon and start fresh.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Araxxor posted:

Now what have you gotten yourself into? There are ways to get out of sticky situations in this series if you know how, and the later games are more forgiving with what may seem like permanent screw ups at first glance.

Regy Rusty posted:

That seems unlikely.

Well I’m probably exaggerating but my team is level 21 and I got to the mismia Forrest and got my rear end handed to me.

TBF though it had been a year since I played the game last.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

All of the EO games are on sale on the E-Shop for 50% off.

Gonna get 5 and UT2.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Clarste posted:

Nexus is for people who can never have enough Etrian Odyssey and need more injected directly their veins.

Yeah I'm going to get Nexus eventually but for now I've got everything but that on my 3DS.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Has there been any word about this making it’s transition to the switch? Hell give me a PC version FFS.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Oldstench posted:

I bought EO1 back when it first came out but got distracted by something else around the first couple of floors on the second stratum. I decided to try it again but see that there's now an updated version for the 3DS. Should I forget playing the OG one and just play Untold?

Yeah.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Araxxor posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21_pE4e-1oU

By the way it's also getting a PC port, on Steam.

gently caress yes this is great for the steam deck.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

While frustrating my love for EO trumps it.

Sucks I have to wait till June though

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Shyfted One posted:

Guess I'm replaying 1-3 this year

:yeah:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

lol what’s PQ2?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ohtsam posted:

Persona had 2 EQ clones

Oh yeah that’s right I forgot about those. I never got into them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Araxxor posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4zB2IkAXS0

English overview trailer.

Nothing much new shown off here. Seems they'll be mostly sticking to the original localization.

Gonna be so great on my deck