Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Laurenz posted:

I wouldn't bet on it, but it's a nice thing to strive for.

Are you saying you dont have faith in Jared Kushner?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Nah, people just decided (wrongly) it was time for a new thread.

The old thread was unreadable but in a literal sense that the website was broken.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Uhhhhh

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
As long as there aren't too many nuns around who's to complain.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Grouchio posted:

What are Blair's war crimes anyway? I was a bit too young to remember him when he was PM.

Did you forget when he decided to invade a country and kill hundreds of thousands of people without cause and the behalf of the british petroleum corporation

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Holy poo poo I just finished listening to the two part NYTimes Daily podcast about an Iraqi from Mosul who's family was murdered by drones.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
What a cool would we would live in if Gaddafi was writing nytimes op eds and Friedman got a knife in the butt.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Mans posted:

The reason why Syria is so bloody is because the US and Saudi Arabia pumped, directly and indirectly, so much manpower, weapons and supplies to people who ended up being as secular as the freedom fighters in Afghanistan.

Yes, the US, SA, Russia, Iran, Turkey, and others funneled in money, manpower, and weapons to objectively horrible groups.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Mans posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9yRzoOB1C4

Learn what words mean you daft putz.

Yeah Assad's war in Syria is probably not worse than Vietnam, Iraq Iran, Second Congo War but worse than Iraq overall.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
So here's a question about the S-400. If you have one of the systems do you ever turn on the radar before you want to shoot something down? I assume you don't just run the state-of-the-art radar system 24/7 as a search radar because it would open up the system to countermeasures and attack? Is there a case now where Syria has much more modern air defense systems but has to hold them in reserve for true war scenarios vs. one-off raids?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I hope the us embassy is built right on the center of the Temple Mount.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Ardennes posted:

Public perception wise I think the "seal has been broken", the US clearly sided with Israel over Palestine/the Muslim world in general. They could try to walk it back, but the damage is done and it would just make them looked biased AND cowardly at the same time.

I mean the peace deal is dead, and so is the idea of the US as a neutral power. It is hard not to see Russia/Iran gain from this.

What world has the us been a neutral party ever?

Edit: well post suez crisis

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Toplowtech posted:

Hey, it's the Du Barry's castle. She ended up guillotined during the terror. What a fantastic choice for a king.

FYI that house was built like 10 years ago.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Human Grand Prix posted:

I’m pretty sure any SyAAF pilot refusing to partake in aerial campaigns would face severe repercussions.

Not if they just fly away.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Cool that the generic Iran map only has pipelines on it, not even cities.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

TildeATH posted:

Your dad sounds like a grade A jerk.

???

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Aren't the saudis really not going to like this?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Turks are often cool tbqh.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Who's going to write the article that says the kurds shouldn't have been fence sitters and should have gotten genocided with honor.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

thatfatkid posted:

Please point out when i have ever slandered a race of people or endorsed the Australian government's policy of indefinitely detaining refugees.

That post doesn't cover the recent development of the YPG reinforcing Afrin with forces from Rojava.

Big words from pro-rape poster fat man.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
As much as the last 15 years proved that the US military has no idea on how to prop up a failing government or suppress an insurrection it's also proved that they are bar none the best at killing every human in the room.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

FAUXTON posted:

Why would Ahmadinejad have that kind of animosity toward Khamenei?

Probably because he got completely iced out of Iranian politics by him.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

remember when his troopers were gunning people down in the street and posters were whinging about how it was probably better than whatever nefarious islamic endgame the muslim brotherhood had in mind?

no

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

LeoMarr posted:

Which is part of how these PMCs hide in the shadiw of the real militaries. Such that when these PMCs do a thorough job liberating somethiggn its "US Forces In the area Capture xxx with air support" or "Russian SOF Troops capture xxx" in reality its treasure hunter sergey in a blue striped shirt. No one questions US Military forces being assisted by US Military air assets. but a PMC Supported by soverign air assets? THat's a pretty quick way to be a State Sponsor of Terror

Wait, who is not currently a state sponsor of terror?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Can't wait for the truther crew to tell us that the kurds gassed themselves.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Lol thanks Obama.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Applying "capitalist" as the fundamental ideology of any faction in Syria seems immensely intellectually lazy.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
What are the applications besides being an extremely compact way to store a ton of value?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

self unaware posted:

There's nothing quite like someone confusing Russia and the USSR

USSR was Russia tho.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Volkerball posted:

Top-tier posting!

In news, Sarkozy is being held for questioning on the Gaddafi campaign contributions thing.

https://twitter.com/AJEnglish/status/976161346269122561?s=19

Well the bribe certainly failed if that counts for anything.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Lol if you think the Democrats are anti-war because they're not.

At least 4 out of 5 were today.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Crowsbeak posted:

It is simple, Wahabis and their supporters bad. Those who oppose them, good.

You're half right which gets you zero for partial credit.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Al-Saqr posted:

he's right though. Dictatorships are only a threat to their own people which is why every zionist in the US are lining up to suck his dick and why they're showering money to Sisi with. I mean who gives a poo poo if arabs get mass murdered and get tortured to death, really? no one.

/

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Al-Saqr posted:

I don’t get it.

I mean Saudi Arabia has been funding international terrorist movements for years but that's never hurt anyone.

And obviously before the whatabout crew comes in this is not unique to saudi arabia or dictatorships.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Al-Saqr posted:

I'm putting my money down now:- a strike isnt going to happen, and thanks to trump's bluster Americas credibility as a power projection force has been permanently destroyed.

You're way more optimistic than me.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Whether or not the threat is consistent the world should be terrified of the US.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Sinteres posted:

If Sanders actually said this, she's a bigger moron than Trump.

https://twitter.com/W7VOA/status/984161503271116800

I know it's a generic phrase every US president says all the time, but some options aren't on the table, and that's one of them.

It's a dumb non-answer but I dont see what makes it spectacular.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Coldwar timewarp posted:

Talking about attacking Russia who doesn’t have the assets to retaliate there in force, but does in Europe and with cyber attacks, is pretty spectacular. This could get out of hand very quickly.

We know what’s being said in public(that they would attack assets which launched missiles), but we do not know what “red lines” Russia has stated in private. Someone is going to have their bluff called and thinking of Russia as a paper tiger is crazy.

Talking about attacking Russia isn't attacking Russia, and what she said is irrelevant to that. The Russians aren't listening to Sanders for any meaning and they realize what she meant by her statement is "gently caress off reporter" and nothing else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Coldwar timewarp posted:

I’m glad you have the inside view of a semi-despotic Russian regime who has very real interests in the regime in Syria. I wish I had your insight.

The war is dangerous. Sanders is continuously stupid.