Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I initially hates Irelia 2.0 but she's grown on me.

I still mourn spinny mace Sejuani though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

So I've been playing this game on and off (mostly off) for a while, and I've started again recently. I've noticed that there's several different websites that have build recommendations for characters. Is there one in particular that's the best? Right now I'm using mobalytics and it seems to be okay.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

What does it take to get S as an ADC? I just went 13-2 as Twitch and only got A-

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

so if a yuumi does literally nothing except jump in me and occasionally q a creep, are they just trying to tank their rating for smurfing purposes?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Elvis_Maximus posted:

Some yuumis just permanently backpack and it's insanely annoying since it basically hands your opponents the lane.

I can't figure out if it's because they don't care, if it gets around afk detection, or if they just legitimately play like that though

She only ever used her heal to catch up with me faster to latch on and if I died she sat there and waited to be killed. She was basically just a +20 damage item that also made me worth extra gold to kill.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Ngl rushing a manamune on Twitch and getting the ability to delete people by pressing R and right clicking people out of stealth is unbelievably satisfying

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

It's amazing how afraid some people are of anything that doesn't 100% adhere to meta. I run exhaust on Twitch. It helps secure early kills, makes me much better at ambush duels midgame and helps neuter threats lategame, but someone queue dodged as soon as they realised I wasn't switching to Heal.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Nothing will ever be as hilarious as the kidnapper combo in Heroes of the Storm.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

If I have no real desire to play Teemo, am I better off using event tokens to buy the orbs in the hopes of grab bags? I haven't bought the pass but if I do it'll give me 2000 tokens.

Also I bought Volibear and decided to jump straight into ranked with him instead of practising. He's uh, kinda disgusting. Won both games (though I'm bronze ii trash)

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I have literally never seen Qiyana without her true damage skin on.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Malah posted:

If that's your takeaway then there's not really anything else to say, I guess? Whatever slider nonsense youre referring to here doesn't matter, it's basic pattern recognition. More skins good, let gameplay experience continue to rot away while Riot dangles shiny cosmetics and new seasonal gimmicks to bring in new customers. :shrug:

It's not hard to see how their priorities have shifted in various directions over the past decade. This isn't the worst they've been, but I'm sure as hell going to still laugh at them, for this specific thing. It's not that deep.

Artists don't work on game design or balance.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Question, why does anyone pick Master Yi without banning Rammus? I've started using him as my counterpick for Yi, Yasuo and Yone and for Yi in particular it seems like there's absolutely nothing they can do if I just taunt them and press W to watch them murder themselves on my shell.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I like Twitch because if you hit critical mass and position right you can just R then A+left click and the entire enemy team dies

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Bleck posted:

every once in a while I play Twitch and I remember why I only play Twitch every once in a while

I don't know why they think he needs to be the way he is but I would prefer literally anything else thanks

I like pressing R then right clicking a bad guy then pressing E and their entire time is dead

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Servaetes posted:

I used to do bork hurricane but every adc is abusing manamune which is bound to get hit like hell soon. Right now it looks like manamune and iedge. You wouldn't blow up entire teams until hurricane but you'd still hit incredibly hard in a line

You want IE and hurricane, it's just a question of which you get before the other.

Also, what more do I have to do to get my Jhin s-rank chest

This was apparently A+

edit: I just realised most of those numbers are useless because I just had the column, but still 17-0

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Craptacular! posted:

I know this complaint is like twelve years old and I'm super late to the party, because I only play League for like a month and blow $10 on skins and poo poo and leave after I've had my fill, but: Good lord I hate how the surrender function kicks in in about enough time for everyone to get all their abilities, which is about what it takes for players to understand how every character on the field works. This cuts both ways, I've had the enemy surrender and wipe out my game early just as much as I've had teammates surrender early when I was writing where we should group up and who we should focus on.

Five years of Dota caused me to believe that a surrender option is a good thing, because close wins are more enjoyable than games where you crushed so hard that you can do a touchdown dance right on their spawning podium. But I'd like it a lot more if it only showed up once someone lost a barracks or replicator or whatever it's called.

I know complaining on SA will not change anything in League, I just wanted to vent.

Dear God no, trapping us in games that are lost causes for a moment longer than necessary would be godawful.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Imo there is no feeling in this game finer than landing the cronch as Urgot.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Jerkface posted:

Q has a 2 second CD at max rank. Pretty clear you're gonna be like Auto Q Auto Q Auto E Q R

You can't do the same skill twice in a row to gain style ranks, right?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Jerkface posted:

Yea. Every basic or ability that is different than the last gives you a stack. So you just weave Q and E in with your autos until its R time. If you get a W opportunity that will also count.

Samira is bae. Her voice lines are all really fun.

Autos give stacks? That makes things easier.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I hope players build a lot of aspeed on her so I can make them kill themselves with Rammus.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

"flagged for losses"?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Rygar201 posted:

Base health regen is too high to kill champions with a one damage ability. It's not possible.

If it procs Dark Harvest that could make it happen. Could stack it with Cheap Shot.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I love games where a Yasuo on the enemy team starts going 3-0 and our team actually makes a concerted effort to gently caress them up and prevent them from snowballing. Brings a tear to my eye.

Also it gives me warm fuzzy feelings when Blitz says I was MVP.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

lmao that blitz felt the need to try to make me feel better about my team throwing a won game

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Why are some people allergic to the idea of finishing? I just got demoted to bronze because my team went for inhibitors instead of just breaking the core when the entire enemy team was wiped.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

AP tank items excite me, I want to bully people as Rammus even harder.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Jerkface posted:

Check out the new anti heal mechanic

And new frozen heart

So it's 35% reduced healing and healing reversal? Dang.

edit: Oh, it's losing the armour pen.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I think the strongest ap jungler is Evelynn.

I'd also recommend learning Rammus so you can autowin against Master Yi pickers.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Rammus owns as a counterpick to any aspeed focused hero because you can force them to kill themselves on your shell and it never stops being funny.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Ugh I just remembered the duty of triple stacking camps as a support in Heroes of Newerth.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Definitely gonna stick that battering ram on Volibear.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

strong bird posted:

how about an active item that launches a narrow wave that reduces the armour of enemies it hits and grants vision of the area

And then to round out the toolkit, an item that gives a +AD aura.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I like to play Twitch and press R and right click people.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I think that "You only use two buttons and ignore everything else" is very much not good design.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

For some reason any time I get into a PBE game, there's a chance I'll just get this.

And no matter how many times I try to reconnect, it fails and I just have to wait for the game to end before I can queue for a new one. Is that a common problem? If it changes anything, I only use the PBE for TFT.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Dreading the day that they rework rammus for the crime of having a point and click stun.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Umbreon posted:

It's a taunt, not a stun, but I would be totally down for this if they make it so that you have to aim his taunt somehow and give it bigger range/duration.

It being a taunt just means they take a buttload of damage from your shell while they are stunned.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Oh, all that too, but to me the most important thing is the ability to make Master Yis delete they own self.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Invalid Validation posted:

New league feature: Ban ninjas button in champion select.

But Yasuo is a samurai

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Lord_Magmar posted:

They remade Akali because she was a pain in the arse who could not be allowed to be strong without being oppressive in lane. However unlike Pantheon Akali’s rework was an absolute loving nightmare of design that has had nearly half of it ripped out and she’s still brutally strong.

But also they made her real muscular on the new character art with a giant tattoo and she eats ramen so people really like the updated visuals, and technically her new gameplay is way less ball of stats she just needs to take a few damage nerfs, which frankly is more a problem with the entire game.

For the record her rework originally had true invisibility that worked under towers.

New Akali is a really fun hero imo, her kit is difficult to balance but flying at someone from a screen and a half away with E will never not be funny.

Also I got the k/da skin from a shard and it rules, she has the best k/da design.