Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i know the game is a little too tilted towards offense right now but other than some outlier champs i feel like the new runes let you do all kinds of fun poo poo. dorans ring start miss fortune isnt something that locks you into a lovely cheese build and is a very fun lane. altho getting adaptive ap when you want adaptive ad to last hit stuff can be kinda annoying at levels 1-3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

no champs are as busted as kassadin while he was literally permaban for multiple years does anyone even TURN THIS GAME On at Riot HQ these days????

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Firebert posted:

http://www.probuilds.net/champions/details/Lux

pretty much everyone playing her mid goes ultimate hat, stop wasting mana so much

i will never stop wasting mana

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the best top lane bans are like, yorick and teemo lmao. teemo is even seeing play in kespa cup as a support. the times we live in

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Sexpansion posted:

Did you see the Xerath support today?

i cant tell if its just some goofy pocket pick or if runes are tilted so heavily to arcane comet/aery that this is just the obvious outcome

edit: i am fairly certain that double arcane comet is gonna be meta in pro play unless something wild comes out of nowhere

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i dont know what the best illaoi keystone is, but i do know this. if you hit someone with e and then punch their ghost it activates klepto.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

d0grent posted:

shyvana is amazing. just stand in front of your team and dare the enemy tanks to engage you

ive had shyvana on my team and her position is actually to charge past the entire enemy team at the enemy carries, leaving everyone else on her team to die.

other team shyvana is pretty good champ tho

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Verviticus posted:

poo poo on all vaynes and by extension all adcs because she is representative of the people that play that fouled role

this is a lie, some of us live for standing well outside of auto attack range and firing our true display of skill

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

shyvana is master yi for people who "don't play master yi"

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Mikujin posted:

Rengar snowballs harder than Kha'zix thanks to his passive (flat + % bonus AD), but suffers from having a weak initial clear/poor early dueling. Kha'zix snowballs well, but doesn't have the early clear and dueling issues (thanks to Q Isolation bonus).

The new season's current meta of duel early fight often tends to favor Kha'zix over Rengar, though your overall success with either will depend on you getting kills early to start snowballing.

P.S. I think tank meta should be coming back once folks realize the strongest champs right now are ones that get to build all HP and resist and still poo poo out damage.

that tower smashing rune lets you build full tank and still split push with 100% effectiveness

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

playing zoe scratches that old itch that nidalee spears used to which is a really binary and sort of dumb play style but also intensely satisfying. i hope they don't nerf her into the ground or change her play style.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

njsykora posted:

Someone once said to me that Varus' pants look like woven pubes and I've never been able to look at him in the same way since.

varus doesnt have pants. he doesnt even have a dick

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Orv posted:

Nah.

Like, not the essential changes, just the balances that they're causing right now. Every match snowballing after like four kills (maybe hyperbole) isn't fun.

*play tanks voice*

Play Tanks

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

and now you see why other people don't want to play tanks, mister "well why should i play one they won't either"

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Orv posted:

No I mean I'll happily play tanks. I've been playing Mundo mid against Zoe because for reasons I can't understand it works really well. I just can't stop bottom from feeding the Vayne because Vayne is back baby and there's too many people that need bans at my level.

in my experience Malz is very good against her because of the passive spell shield. you just have to avoid her Q popping it or forgetting its down and dying like an idiot (not that i did this specific thing tonight)

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Big McHuge posted:

Shyvana is cool and good and that makes me happy because the last time I played this game she was pretty garbage.

Also, what's the best bang for my buck with these event token things?

the orb whatever the gently caress its called that costs 48 tokens. my first one came with another orb and some dumb skin i didnt care about and 50 orange essence and my second one popped out a star guardian syndra. second orb being the free orb within the orb that is. i havent bought the other one yet because overcharge is a hell mode i dont want to play again

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the only genuinely fun moment i had in an alternate game mode is when all for one was on summoners rift and we took a 20 minute baron as zyras just having our plants tank it. and we took it SUPER FAST

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ya but thats like stacking cdr on teemo ult, both of those things are gated by alternate costs and i dont think cdr speeds up shroom generation and it definitely doesnt do anything to the mana cost on rift walk

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

faker has been playing unsealed spellbook zoe and it rules

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

free boots is like one of my top three favorite runes

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

i played a literally hour long bot game the other day because people kept feeding a jinx

it was misery

even worse, bots dont get gold from kills so you were in an hour long bot game because people were getting owned by jinx bot

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

they take arcane comet because its pretty much 100% guaranteed to hit with E spam and it makes you impossible to trade with. e->comet proc is a bunch of free damage and then the enemy is slowed and probably can't even get into auto range to trade with you and if they do you'll just love tap their rear end and instantly win the trade anyhow

i bet her win rate against kalitsta and vayne is the best out of any adc by 5%

edit: this is also how first item serrated dirk mf support is blasting everyone

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

aery draven is surprisingly good. so is klepto draven with first item coin

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Work Friend Keven posted:

Aery lethality draven baby

it sounds super dumb but with the way he chases you actually get a bunch of procs from it

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

definitely not support

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Teikanmi posted:

To provide Klepto you need to use an ability and Draven doesn’t do that nearly enough, Aery is his best keystone

Klepto is only for on-hit pokers like GP or Ezreal, Draven doesn’t have spammable poke

Draven W has a lower cooldown than anything GP or Ezreal can do, you need manaflow band or you'll run out of mana fast but activating Klepto is extremely simple with him

edit: press W gain attack speed and range is actually really strong on Draven ignoring everything else

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Dec 4, 2017

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

TheAnomaly posted:

I know it was said already, but you can W every time you catch an axe, and between manaflow and the mana regen pots from klepto he'll be swimming in mana. It also provides adaptive ad/ap from a potion, and Draven will be proccing regularly enough to have that up most of the time too. The auto range really helps him, and other stuff. It's one of those keystones thats great in solo-queue because solo-queuers are bad against aggression (which it rewards).

It's bad because it doesn't provide the damage of other keystones, so a properly counter-aggressive bot lane will eat him for breakfast if they stop and realize how much damage he's lost from his rune setup.

you can actually play really passively in lane if you have to since between klepto and coin you should be finishing a major damage item before your opponent is even close to a completed item, especially if you can proc your passive. people assume because it's not a ~combat keystone~ that it's not as strong but the idea is you have completed items so much faster that you hit your power spike early. draven q is still pretty strong on its own.

if y'all are interested in more bot lane weird poo poo arcane comet ashe is actually her highest winrate key stone, you just rain w spam down and win from all of your free damage.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i assume that vlad would also counter that yorick split push in that with those two healing talents he appears to be impossible to force to back

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

toplane has a ton of viable stuff but abloo bloo bloo fighters arent viable oh no. we just got done playing a season where itemization meant that non crit based adcs werent even playable. but none of them are riven so you know nows the time to panic

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

riot is going to write a horny champion update where they rename him vorick and give him tahm kench devour

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Work Friend Keven posted:

There were like 4 different adc "eras" during last season ranging from lethality to attack speed to standard crit builds with nearly every adc in the game being top tier at some point but the adc player's complaint is actually always the same: it's not season 2.

its so weird how this is similar to the top lane thing. nobody can figure out what crazy connection there is here. anyways bla bla bla lmao, keven out

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

not only was kennen an adc every single adc meta happened at the same time and they were all viable together, which is why top laners are right to be mad that aatrox isnt good at the moment

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Rank shaming is perfectly valid, silvers and golds are really vocal about balance and really bad and people with the proper game knowledge to get to mid-high diamond by themselves are worth 2-3 silver players and can run consistent 90% winrates in the lower leagues.

I hear something along these lines every day or two and I swear I'm going to snap if I got to listen to another wood league player spend 20 minutes talking about how his lane opponents champion is "so op" "does so much damage" "I can't do anything to him" "riot can't balance anything" like it's the first time anyone has ever seen that champion in the game before as he continues to die and feed the middling strength pick like mundo, trundle or mordekaiser or whatever.

its frustrating playing with a friend who constantly complains about pick ban and how op whatever champ on the enemy team that is doing well is. 99.9% of the time we just lost. poo poo happens.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

The Mash posted:

Lee Sin, because 11 years later he's still the most well-designed champion in the game and the only jungler worth watching in pro games

its really satisfying when your opponent locks in some dumb poo poo in jungle and you just take blue or red and walk up to them and kill them at their red buff for free. depending on how dumb of a jungler they picked you can literally kill them with an e and some autos.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

its curtains for Kevin posted:

Despite what your fan fiction might say 5 people cannot have Janna at once

this is highly erotic

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

shamefully ive been playing enough mid lane that i only got one adc skin in my shop, and it was championship kalista which no thanks riot. also i didnt get any deals better than 50% off which is sort of a bummer. battle boss malzahar looks pretty cool.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

VodeAndreas posted:

I'm sorry you didn't get the medieval skin yet 😞

(also I'm casual af)

ive got medieval and sly cooper is still a better skin and its not even close

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

kingcobweb posted:

I’d kill a man for 70% off that skin. It’s not just his best skin, it’s not even close

*extremely cypress hill voice*
70% off that alistar skiiiiiiin
how I could just kill a man

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

when yasuo e's through your minions walk away from him until the damage boost goes away, which it does before he can e the same minion again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i just move out of the way of skill shots. it works out great