Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Is there room with goons for a guy who just likes to dig taliban caves and stab mans?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Justin Tyme posted:

Yes though the stabbings may have to come later. Apparently word got out goons play this game and there is a big group of RPer slavers from Darkfall who brought over all their goonhate so we need to make friends in the area to be able to muster enough troops to ward them off. That means no random sealclubbing unfortunately, we aren't strong enough to be belligerant unless we want to become the poopsockers we hate. We are behind them right now, but we are far, far away from each other so there isn't too big a risk yet.

There are always random unaffiliated travelers that like to murder people though who you can slay with impunity.

Sounds like a job for a certain crew of Rust goons who everyone hates but are good at killing mans :toot:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

Does this game have like, MMO classes like stealthy assassins or something? Is assassinating people in the wilderness/open fun/fruitful? How easy is it to pick your engagements or escape from people jumping you?

You have a finite number of skillpoints/hours in your life, so specialization is rewarded.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

SabinBlitz posted:

Incorrect. Everything has a server side check and stops us.

Except for making items INSANELY huge or setting your camera SUPER far in the air. Both of which don't really destroy the game like speed hacking, etc.

We're going to report those.

Pretty much this. Keeping all the game .dlls in their current format might be an issue later on, but there are server sanity checks on pretty much everything except comical proportion abuse.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
If you aren't playing -- consider it. Good goon group so far, fun game.

Also if you own Life is Fuedal: Your Own, you get it for free

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

forge posted:

This game is basically a better version of AoC and Salem. Consider the fact that you can script stuff and take the tedium out of the way. Also consider many of the goons playing now are the ones going uphill in the snow. Likely a week from now everyone who starts will just get free poo poo and be told to kill people or "do whatever". Also consider you can get your skills up if you want to do whatever.

Basically this. A large number of us are slogging it to get the crafting bonus buildings, housing, food, and other poo poo, people coming later will be able to just dive in and have more instant fun :toot:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Gyaru posted:

drat you got crossbows already? Here I am slumming it with training weapons. I gotta make my way up north. I've ended up way down south.

Many of us are in mail with steel weapons and a penchant for murder

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Tonight/tomorrow they are patching to dramatically increase the rate at which you gain combat skills.

Join us now, friends. We had our first war declared against us today, and we literally don't have enough people to carry back the loot and severed heads. :getin:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Logic posted:

So if I buy Life is Feudal on steam for $20 , do I get the MMO game as well?

Not anymore. Only before 19NOV. Now just buy the MMO, it is good and fun

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Justin Tyme posted:

We fought our first major battle today. I only managed to see the rear end-end of it but I still managed to get a kill. Someone who was there, can you summarized what happened?

Blood Wolves have been attacking our vassal Dreadlords pretty heavily and taking a major toll on them. We knew that if we can't defend our vassals, they don't owe us any loyalty, so we decided to go and do something about it.

Today we sent a raid to scout their base out, about 8 of us engaged and killed 4 or so outside their base and stole a trade cart off claim.

When we were almost home, they rode up with about ~25 people, and we engaged. We were really caught heavily outnumbered and had to fall back to Goondor.

For awhile, with casaulties mounting, we were in deep poo poo, but Dreadlords mustered a surprise counter-attack on their flank and split their group in half, allowing us to rally on our defenses and begin forming back up. Bowman and ranged on the walls kept them suppressed and scattered, and, battered and wounded, the goons gathered at the gate, and together with our allies, outgeared, wounded, and ragged, fought a bloody melee against the enemy.

Amazingly, we broke the enemy in the melee, causing them to scatter and flee back to their castle in the mountains. Undeterred, we gave equipment to our vassals to help them rebuild and re-arm, and tonight we're setting about the work of stockpiling arms and fortifying our position even further. The enemy cut down a ton of our trees off our claim, escalating the war from skirmishing to all out. We will burn them out of their hovels and drive them into the dirt.

We have the equipment, we have the base, what we need are more goons, more spears in the line, and more bows in the walls. This is our first test in this single-shard, full loot PVP game. We can fight and win. The call is out, the horn of goondor sounded! Join! :getin:

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Nov 30, 2017

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Justin Tyme posted:

How strong were the 25? Uniformly outfitted? How many horses? Good cohesion?

We need more intel.

3 horses, no war horses, decent t1/t2 gear, poorly organized and pretty stupid honestly, I can tell you more when I talk to you.

Was pretty fun really.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Mulva posted:

Game has Piety and a Monk's robe, clearly I will have to play this game as the pampered religious class.

Unironically, our pope who was online really helped in the last siege, constantly blessing us and removing our rez sickness debuff so we could get back and die again faster.

VulgarandStupid posted:

Don't buy this game, it's garbage. You can't move between most zones right now and the devs are unresponsive only giving out pre-canned messages, all while charging for characters, coins and claims in a beta stage. What I've seen of combat is ten times worse than Mount and Blade: Warband and after 3 years of developing LIF:YO it's still not even good. So much of this game is about abusing auto-clickers and stuff like that, it's not actual content unfortunately.

You're not charged for coins or characters or claims :smugdon:

Goondor is recruiting, just join up with us and have some fun. The combat is fun as gently caress and anyone that's been in a guild fight can attest to that.

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Dec 1, 2017

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Remit posted:

I actually like boring skill based systems that need macrod. I enjoyed gathering and crafting in darkfall a lot. I just want to melt my brain and make hats.

I am more worried about how to protect a house/resources/inventory while offline. I don't mind some set back, but alpha clans on Ark really killed the game for me. They would completely level anything built each and every single week.

Just put stuff on the guild/your own claim. Craft lots of arrows. Give goons arrows.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

30.5 Days posted:

Goons, I have won a ticket to the rp server. What should I do with it?

rejoin the guild

:smugdon:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

30.5 Days posted:

lol so they rolled out a new EULA this morning. Less than a week ago they were saying that large-scale automation wasn't possible so it wasn't something they had to worry about. They have now made it against game rules. From the discord:

The only solution would be to remove the things that make people want to use scripts. You won't win the war against automation. I took even Blizzard 8+ lawsuits and millions of dollars to take down ONE bot provider.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

lol the guys kim picked a fight with already killed you out of your own keep

oh no

we are fighting the guys who attacked our vassals

how dare we

:frogout:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Equate posted:

So I heard you guys got hit, here is some examples of the current working of our keep to prevent that log bullshit.

To include a secondary outerwall.

I like this design a lot! The drawbridge thing is 10/10

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Don't worry about Deadtear, his autistic shreaking in mmo hmo threads is about all he's good for these days :smugdon:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Justin Tyme posted:

I've gone from wanting to stay to wanting to move to wanting to stay to being okay with both. Seems like whatever we do we're gonna be in a lovely loving situation, and it's almost as if we might as well stay because most of the work is already done and we're just trading one problem for another. Then again, who knows, maybe planting trees won't be so bad- but the growth cycles may be severely stunted in the southern biomes for all we know due to lack of rainfall (trees grow better in the north supposedly). Hunting is way easier and we get tons of clay, but we have to ration wood and who the gently caress knows about crop growth or if the weather patterns are different since its a dry biome.

I think devoting an entire day for people to look for alternative locations has helped with perspective. The problems we have with our current spot are fixable, like any other location. It would be hard to find better. Leadership issues have been fixed, and we have clear direction, just need to nail down what people want. I'm fine making it work either way.

Ultimately I'm looking forward to building/finishing the dreadfort in goondor so I can just go back to chopping heads off full time.

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Dec 3, 2017

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
This is a great time to join, if people are interested. Plenty of work needs doing and plenty of things/people to pvp and raid. Check the OP for discord info and links.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

walruscat posted:

There a good startup guide in the discord links?

Edit: how likely am I to hear people called gay slurs in comms?

We have a bunch of info pinned, and everyone else is pretty helpful.

As for the second point -- probably not. And if you do, tell someone.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
We just finished paving a road from our closest water source/easy rock to the base. Was surprisingly fast. Tomorrow, paving to a mining/marble site!

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Justin Tyme posted:

Is the mining site that tornado shelter looking tunnel on the west side?

Thought for the trench: what if we lined it with wickets, so of you fell in, you'd have to jump a ton to get out. You'd be perpetually out of stamina and easy pickings.

That's one of my random hobo prospecting tunnels, don't mind me :v:

For massive lolz, look at the next level poo poo some guilds put out: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Cx8FHsSI82HwcCYVrPBSFn-emvPgHWxQnpu9yJHB7kY/edit

Like we're living in the year 1066, they're in the year 3066

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Dec 5, 2017

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Vampyyre posted:

so if you take a set of about 5 to 7 targets and stack them like a pyramid at the bottom of hill and go way back you can get incredible Archery gains like level it in no time it will most likely get patched soon so get on it while you can

what kind of gains, because I'm kind of lazy

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
IDK what they did but they dropped a patch this morning that dramatically increased FPS. Also they're supposed to be fixing the border fuckery soon. If you every have trouble crossing, just inspect the ground when you pass the line on the map. It transitions you.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Our walls are up and our new keep is established. If you're looking for a good time to join and get in some PVP and do some stuff, now is it!

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
We set up a field of targets to level ranged from our walls and it's amazing. :toot:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
FYI, when you're coming to the guild claim, announce it in discord, otherwise you're going to get ye olde sword to the face

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Two guys that some awful group named Ye Olde Detroit murdered came by looking for them today

but nope, it was just us goons, no detroit here :v:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Artist rendition of our battle last night against the enemy:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

wow what a cool image

thx the guy that drew it is kind of a nerd :toot:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Mulva posted:

To be fair a bunch of roleplayers just packed our poo poo, so you can't look down on them too much.

Well you can, but they'll still pack your poo poo.

If you're referring to saturday's JH, goons did fine. Our allies got wrecked because they got over-confident.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

fill my alt guild with your big juicy alts

If you haven't done this, do it. It's super rewarding sometimes to go from working on your main on stuff to just griefing people on a throwaway character.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

lexxyth posted:

How is the EU presence? I really want to join on this dirt shoveling action, but i can't always stay up to 8-9 pm est to join the fun. Any other eu goons to share their experience?

We have a pretty large number of EU goons that play with us, our guild leader is in EUTZ in fact. Officers and full function in AU/EU/US at the moment.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
update on update: They agreed to our terms and ended the war after we broke a bunch of their poo poo.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

lol did they, I left as people were respawning so what terms did they get

Reapers are deleting their claim off of 13 entirely, war ends, we also stole 5 horses and killed 5 more lol

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Marxalot posted:

The outer walls are up!

It only took hours on end of nonstop mining and building but they're up :v:

e: rest in piss like 70 primitive pickaxes

also pictured: our first three story house where goons are already picking crevaces and turning them into their creepy waifu hidey holes :v:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

andromache posted:

Don't make a female character that you plan to mine with though, because the tunnels are differently sized for men and women. Male characters have to crouch in combat mode or do some weird juking to fit in a female sized hole.

Yeah they do.

the glass ceiling is made of rock

and men can't fit

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Dr. Pangloss posted:

ok, so I followed this build. last night I got to detroit, I got a torch, I figured out how to build a wall and hit it with the torch and gather plant fibers and stuff. My strength is a mighty 13 now. What's my :shobon: goal for right now? Just keep plugging away at that fence and harvesting stuff to build my skills. Is there anything someone like this dude can do to help the overall effort other than just be better?

You're going to want to get your strength to at LEAST ~30, so you can use most non-2h weapons and equip all the gear you need. In discord there is a ton of pinned info about how to grind skills up easily.

If you're going to go mostly crafting, Willpower/Intelligence are your stat priorities, for PVP it tends to be agility/constitution

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

don't listen to kimsemus i don't think he's killed a single guy in this game

hit the walls until you max out your attribute cap, make sure you eat good detroit food and you can do it in like an hour

once you do that you can come pvp all you want, just pm me on discord

or if you wanna contribute to the castle idk dig dirt?

-40 alignment, I definitely am actually killing way too many people

that maybe don't deserve it :v:

• Locked thread