Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Put me down on the agent list. Pretty sure I've played every xcom apart from apocalypse (yes even interceptor) and even completed TftD so I have the alien slaying skills.

Will probably die to falling or gangs though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

I did always think it was a bit dumb that in the first two you're a multinational funded organisation with elite soldiers and engineers and flying poo poo but apparently spent all your money on branding and marketing because you have to go into the field wearing jumpsuits with zero armour, not even a helmet.

Edit:I guess TftD had helmets actually, but on top of what was basically a wetsuit.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

SniperWoreConverse posted:

In the future being a white guy with corn rows and a Hitler stashe is cool not weird

If having corn rows is wrong then I don't wanna be alt-right.

Also check it out the robots from Z got rehired:

Powerful Two-Hander fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Dec 25, 2017

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

3 first (assuming it takes no time) then investigate diablo because we can't let our bros get taken over!

Edit:toxin up first though...

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Yeah you gotta get more stuff like a new regular interceptor. If this is like the other xcom games you'll get alien tech poo poo later that will be way better than that stupid "military industrial complex gone mad" big ship that'll be too slow to do anything useful.

Also spend the money saved on plasma guns for your ships but only after you've got targeting so they don't just use it to blow up more hospitals.

Edit: because once I'm an agent, blowing up hospitals is my job.

vvv Valkyrie all the way. The aliens aren't sending ships big enough to justify the hawk and we need to prioritise ground troops to deal with suspicious doctors in hospitals alien infiltration.

Powerful Two-Hander fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Dec 28, 2017

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

gently caress the cult up and take their stuff.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

I am excited to finally leave my job in the recycling plant and engage in the wanton destruction I always dreamed of.

I'm from Mega Primus and I say kill 'em all!

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

I am glad that the in depth xcom interview process only focuses on "do you want to kill aliens y/n ? " and doesn't bother with trivialities like "how would you get out of a building?" and "what's the safe radius for high explosive rounds?".

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Is there a cost for damage from HE rounds inside your own base....

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Investigate diablo and osiron so we're at least doing poo poo while we wait for payday.

If we happen to acquire some stuff during the investigations even better.

Also I reckon that alien shield thing will be worth a lot once it's researched and those losers in engineering make a few.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

VikingofRock posted:

Oh yeah, I had forgotten about the Psyke raids. I'm changing my vote: let's go gently caress Psyke's poo poo up, then build up the bases / research.

Agreed with this. We need to get the research done to make our ships less poo poo and violently discourage our rivals.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Looks to me like we've got to investigate the flyer factory and "acquire" some new aircraft while we're at it.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Didn't we just investigate diablo? What the gently caress are they doing...

Also I think my kill count on the graph is wrong, don't want to take credit for someone else's work!

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

straight from the horse's mouth. Them stats is accurate.

Yeah this is even after all the diablo missions we did. Barely slowed the aliens down. They're gunning for our ally.

drat, I guess I'm even better than I thought I was!

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Sounds like we need to hire more agents, 5 scientists for that physics poo poo once they get their big boys science set unboxed and then fast forward to get some stuff built and researched. Seems no point trying to build out air superiority until we have some new tech to fit on the ships, otherwise they'll just get rekt.

Oh and build a security station for the robots because we're people too. Sort of.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Sounds like we need to heal some guys up then investigate synthmesh. The cult need to be hosed up at some point but maybe we need shields first.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Also, I was surprised to find out that chain reaction where some mysterious tanks of whatever blew up didn't really piss marsec off that much at all. They basically wrote it off. Should have had that guy blow up the bombs he had, maybe we could have saved our guys from getting hurt.

Additionally Single & Loving it and Reality Groove are healed up and I somehow forgot. So we have 8 guys who are good to go, not 6. 8's my usual contingent.

It's probably like in ghostbusters where they trash the hotel. Sure it got trashed but if you want to be ghost alien free you have to accept some "minor" damage.

Anyway they should just be glad we didn't total the entire building.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

poo poo is that the base with a) no security and b) a bunch of cool robot dudes chilling out and getting repaired?

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Does the AI factor in security when targeting raids? If it does then build more stations in one base might just gently caress up another. Or us it more about creating a pinch point?

Also just let Psyke carry on being dicks/free loot because what're they gonna do?

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

I'm gonna change my vote to paying them to shut up and peacing out for now, but if they start getting infiltrated they go right back on the aggressive investigation list.

Then we should get shields and go gently caress up some aliens.

edit: lol the vote will break even if I switch

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

HBar posted:

2a, 2b, 2c in order. Stamp out infiltration before it spreads, and get a few goodies from Nutrivend too.

Yeah this but with 2a and 2b flipped so we do nutrivend second because they're lower priority on account of being angry dicks.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Bail and come back later with shields to gently caress nutrivend up properly.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Hire some agents for the meat grinder so we've got enough for two squads and you can send the noobs out with some veterans to do the other investigation which is hopefully less hard core.

That's assumes we have enough gear of course.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

MilkmanLuke posted:

4. Ride the lightning!

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Prince of Space posted:

Dimensional Probe at the Large Lab
Pube Gun at the Small Lab
Hire a Few More Physicists
2B - Evonet

(HBar has the right idea.)

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

You should all get metal cyber skills then you wouldn't need to be so worried about falling masonry.

You'd think with all that time in the med bay I'd have learned something by playing quake all day but you'd be wrong.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

VikingofRock posted:

Keep research as-is; investigate Evonet

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Research the gun (because what use us researching the ammo for a gun you can't use??) and fast forward to payday.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Third base sounds like a good idea even if it takes a while to build it up. Isn't space needed for a large lab as well?

Alsob:

quote:

It puts out most of the fires 2-Hander started, so he makes some more:

Some robots just like to watch the world burn I guess.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Yeah hire more engineers then idk maybe a cheap base, drop some dudes in it and fast forward? Or if we don't need the space just fast forward.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Yeah agreed, I feel like we need to get some new poo poo researched so we can start shooting down bigger things. Also blowing up more hospitals "accidentally".

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Dong Quixote posted:

Pube Gun & Light disrupter

I vote this.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Definitely research new ships instead of swarming, that's just a waste of money and will end up with half the city being levelled courtesy of those trigger happy fucks in the interceptor division.

I am pleased to see that explosives remain effective, I hope there's an alien grenade launcher or something...

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Light disruptor beam then shawarma, they will fear our kebab based weaponry.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Medium beam then stealth doodad. Can't shoot what you can't see.

Unless you grenade the whole area of course.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Hell yes let's blow up another hospital.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

If you raid transtellar into the ground will they grovel and go neutral for 10k like Psyke did?

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Pay transtellar to stop being dicks so we can research the shield, then investigate megapol because they're our allies and having brainsucked cops running around the place sounds bad.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

If only my shots were as helpful as my strategic suggestions :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Wait for the next tick or whatever it is and if the cops aren't going down, investigate them again as I guess we don't need to do it 'just in case' and piss them off when "somebody" torches the places with their missile launcher.

If we can't research a new ship I guess maybe buy one so we can strap a disruptor and shield to it?

• Locked thread