Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Wirth1000 posted:

Are fillings in a sandwich considered a single item or multiple items?

Depends if they came from the same set of teeth or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

DoctorGonzo posted:

I never wanted to be your weekend lover
I only wanted to be some kind of friend
Baby, I could never steal you from another
It's such a shame our friendship had to end

It's all over.

:nws: ?

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

HJB posted:

My New Year's Resolution is for Tumblr to die. That's how they work right

That Lewis thing is on Twitter, though.

One is more teen angst and perverts, the other shear digitized hatred.
It would be nice if they both died.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

1500quidporsche posted:

Was gonna go with Canada Goose until I found out they cost a cool loving grand. It has to pass the "thermostat fails in the car when it's -30C out and I don't get pneumonia trying to drive it" test, that's the bar.

Reclaimed Bicycle Tube Jacket.

Also, My girlfriend is in Montreal right now and a friend somehow managed to lock their 2 year old in the car at minus 30° after the NYE party.
A hectic drive home for the spare keys and some explaining to the cops later, the kid was fine.
Hope he had a good jacket on.
My GF slept trough all the hysteric shouting because alcohol.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

The Unfetered One posted:

and why is a two year old awake after a New Years Eve Party, like after midnight, when then poor thing should have been in bed hours ago, finds itself locked in a car, in -30 while friends and family gently caress off to find spare keys and make excuses for cops . loving hell my mind is boggled right now.

Alright, it feels like twitter with all the drama.
Although I agree, I don't know what the gently caress their friends did to make that happen.

But to clarify, as far as I understood, they immediately went for spare keys, called the cops themselves, who showed up and proposed... to get the spare keys.
The kid was sleeping upstairs inside the house before of course, don't worry, no nap time was missed. They were just going home.
My gf had gently caress all to do with it. She can't hold her liquor and fell asleep inside after 3 glasses of wine.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

1500quidporsche posted:

They'll gently caress it up testing it cleaning only a single dish and when you put a full load in there it'll gently caress up and piss water everywhere while catching fire somehow.

Please stop talking about dishwashers. Mine died and I miss it so much.
I've been cleaning plates like an animal for weeks!
weeks!

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Wirth1000 posted:

Did you forget to let the 2 year old locked inside out?
Pretty sure I locked him after turning him inside out.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Wirth1000 posted:

It's actually really bugging me cause I know I've seen him before. Who is the blue suit guy?!?!

No idea.
The Greeks must be pretty pissed that they have to go through the afterlife as a bust in some American’s study.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Wirth1000 posted:

As we all know by now, Dietrich Mateschitz is a loving hella-nazi who is trying to create his own version of Breitbart in Austria. As we also know, the god drat literal Nazi party which is called the Freedom Party in Austria is in a coalition with the ruling party.

And now it has come to my attention that BWT which is Force India's title sponsor is an Austrian company which focuses on water purification. Clearly they're exerting their own Nazi ideologies and industry expertise by buying into an Indian team and purifying the sport of any undesirable ethnic associations.

F1 already has one Nazi team we definitely don't need another. What's next? More Russian drivers???

I wonder how Daniel Ricciardo pronounces Mateschitz.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Is this real?

This is some next level sad.

Corporal punishment in schools...the death penalty...pounds and ounces?
How many of them want to dig up queen victoria and put her bones on the throne, next to those of churchill, with lancaster bombers drawing union jacks in the sky on a daily basis?

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

tuo posted:

they should introduce halo in MotoGP, similar to his:

BMW abandoned that thing after many european countries didn't change their laws for a scooter with roof/seat belts.
shame really. People laughed at it at the time, but despite being 15 years old I see a lot of them still driving around. Unlike drivers of normal scooters who all crashed and died at some point.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

1500quidporsche posted:

What was Churchill's thoughts on Chicken Tikka Masala?

We shall fart in France, we shall fart on the seas and oceans, we shall fart with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defecate on our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fart on the beaches, we shall fart on the landing grounds, we shall fart in the fields and in the streets, we shall fart in the hills; we shall never surrender.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Norns posted:

I like speedy race cars not ball sports.

https://twitter.com/jessegamble/sta...r%3D111%23pti26

It's all evolving into some sort of ball sport.

Also, mini golf is the sport of champions.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
meanwhile at the hamiltons...

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

1500quidporsche posted:

We are now introduced to the Rostovs who are hosting a party or something. The Rostovs are poor as poo poo, like loving Nicholas Cage has to sell his mansion floor. They've also got a ton of kids, it's like a real loving Mormon church scenario. There's the older chick who I seriously don't know the name of still but marries some German dude later one, Natasha who is in love with doubitski or Dolokov or one of the other million characters starting with a D (This is a serious loving problem and I don't remember who any of these loving characters are), Nicholas who is enlisted in the army or something and in love with Sonya who I think is a cousin or something that lives with them. This party takes place in some special type of room that I don't remember but loving 90% of these parties takes place in these types of rooms, I think their called drawing rooms or something which is absolutely retarded because nobody loving draws in them they just sing and talk about trite poo poo in them. Nicholas and Sonya have some falling out cause shockingly incest between close relatives is not tolerated in societ and Natasha and the one of the Ds has a falling out because he wants to go to war. Then Pierre dances with Sonya or maybe Natasha.

I don't exactly what remember what happens after that tbh. There is some scene or something, I think it introduces Andrew's sister who is a nun, and then after the plot transitions to the Battle of Austerlitz in 1805.

Have they even set a date yet for the 1805 car reveal?

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

tuo posted:

Gonna be interesting to see what the "We got out in time"-quote from Honda really means.

A lot of unwanted pregnancies in Japan.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

tempted of doing my very own drink review right now.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Pirate Radar posted:

I know I’ve seen those at the bougie supermarket here (they are eye-poppingly expensive here but idk what they cost in the US or Europe). Also, I thought the Swiss called it an Erdapfel or is that too rustic even for them?
Probably aiming for that massive german potato drinking market.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

NtotheTC posted:

Counterpoint: that car looks better than any f1 car for the past 20 years and if formula-e cars weren't driven by a bunch of has beens I don't care about and had a battery that could last a whole race I'd watch the poo poo out of it

I think the battery is going to last a full race next season?
I only saw Formula E once, live in Berlin, which was fun, but I'm probably never really gonna watch it.
That car looks OK, and people should probably try to not fill their diapers all the time over this and/or the halo.
But it's mildly amusing, like F1.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

DoctorGonzo posted:

FOR FUCKS SAKE!

"we feel this custom does not resonate with our brand values and clearly is at odds with modern day societal norms.”

They should change the word brand, because it doesn't resonate with their brand values.
(Etymology: The word, brand, derives from the ancient North Scandinavian term “brandr” meaning "to burn."
It is a reference to the practice of using branding irons to burn a mark into the hides of livestock)

In all seriousness, I kinda get that they wanted to change the grid girl thing.
But there would be a lot more hilarious ways to do it.

Now it just feels like they want to save on employee money so the fat cats upstairs can buy more sex-slaves to work on their Cayman island yachts.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Pirate Radar posted:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/formula-1-issues-2018-entry-list-1001353/

Official entry list. No new name for Force India yet, but:

-McLaren back to just “McLaren F1” obviously
-Red Bull becoming “Aston Martin Red Bull”
-Toro Rosso becoming the frankly stupid “Red Bull Toro Rosso”

McLaren gently caress you honda Renault now F1 Team
Mercedes AMG plenty of Petronas oil Motorsport
Aston Martin drinks & watches Racing
the Sahara is not in Force India F1 Team
Alfa Romeo we have SUVs now so why not Sauber F1 Team
Scuderia old man boners Ferrari
Red Bull poo poo is that a Honda in the back Toro Rosso
Williams can't drink Martini legally yet
Haas shut up and drive Romain F1 Team

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

1500quidporsche posted:

there's alot of large moving elements to this thread that won't make sense without context.

Your tires aren't that big.

And most of this thread won't make sense with or without context.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
Starting next season, pens will no longer be allowed,out of fear that German road ragers might use them as a weapon.
However,there will be a fine selection of felt-tip pens, wax crayons and calligraphy brushes available to all.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
It would have been more appropriate to use man-children, to fit the demographic of the sport.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

uXs posted:

Having kids there is okay in football where they go on the field with the players, stand there for half a minute, and then bugger off again. Probably a great experience for them.

I don’t know poo poo about football, but I always assumed the kids on the field was a feeble attempt to cool down the hooligans in the stands. ‘Hold the smoke grenades and the bottles, roll up that swastika flag, lads. There’s kids on the field!

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Norns posted:

DELL MCLRN will also be bad fyi

Embrace the future.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

But does it make vettel nauseous?

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Thanks Ants posted:

If this years Honda engine propels Toro Rosso to podiums then I'll have to :suicide:

There's more chance of a honda engine propelling out of a toro rosso, and onto the stage... Or into the crowd.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
Finally got to see the mclaren doc.
The high-tech, devoid of any form of humanity headquarters in the middle of the British countryside made it feel like a black mirror episode.
It even had technology going horribly wrong.

I loved stoffel's dad. And the fact that stoffel speaks with a very thick west-flemish accent.
Something he manages to hide very well when he speaks english/french. Maybe he shouldn't, anything to give him some personality.

deep inside the mind of every mclaren engineer in the room when they heard that clicking sound:

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

tuo posted:

I can only assume they hoped to do a "phoenix out of the ashes"-type of documentary

Yeah, i also think that's what they were hoping for.

Why didn't anybody tell me Ron dennis ex wife made children books?
Did anybody read them? There have to be some hidden cries for help in there.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

1500quidporsche posted:

Wirth also thinks Spaceballs was, and I quote, "good, not great"

Was he playing with his dolls again?

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

DoctorGonzo posted:

i really shouldnt have drinked a bottle of vodka last night, i feel like death right now.

Hopefully Ferrari wins this season or 2018 is going to loving suck more than already has sucked.

Switch to drinking motor oil. That's what makes mercedes winners.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

DoctorGonzo posted:

Happy 120th birthday to Il Commendatore Enzo Ferrari.

He looks good for a 120 year old.
must be all the olive oil.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Wirth1000 posted:

Enzo Ferrari was a huge rear end in a top hat.

But not as big an rear end in a top hat as Ferrucio Lamborghini.

I didn't know even know lamborghini was a guy.
Speaking of ignorance: I didn't know where this guy came from until I walked into a Russian supermarket today:

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Doc Morbid posted:

That looks pretty nice (and also does a good job hiding the halo, I didn't even notice it at first glance), shame they'll probably replace it with something boring.

I wonder how visible a mat black/dark blue car is on the track though.
Vettel would surely crash into one and blame it on the camo.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Pirate Radar posted:

29 days to Australia, by the way. The top of the Australian GP webpage says “THERE IS ONLY ONE RACE THAT MATTERS” which doesn’t surprise me coming from Australians

Didn't the guy who won the race predictions last season base everything on that first race and never changed it afterwards?
In a way it might be right.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

tuo posted:

No idea, on every pic they remove this part:

Also: Richard Mille also sponsors Haas now, IIRC

The vacuum cleaner-style air intake in the nose is to keep ricciardos feet cool. the food and drink dep. of the FIA requested this.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
The halo is beautiful.
They should really do something about the cars underneath though.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

wicka posted:

We need to stop arguing about this and come together so we can begin planning 1500's presumably not-too-distant funeral.

https://i.imgur.com/INxQQcT.mp4
Can somebody play 'Danny boy' on the bagpipes over this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Tsaedje posted:

1500 should still eat the hat

17-18 F1 Off-Season: 1500 should still eat the hat

• Locked thread