Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

I need to see how far a ponyman moves with a gotta go fast bless when I get home.

I want to do xibalba strats but with nordic supermen instead of hosed up tiny bats basically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

boho posted:

There are mysterious pauses where everyone just stops and stares at each other. It may be a bug as it seems related to fliers?

1.) Everyone stops and my big flying lion pretender takes off into the air like a dragoon jumping in Final Fantasy.
2.) After about a two second pause, everyone goes back to fighting realtime.
3.) About 8 seconds later, everyone freezes, and then two seconds after that, the flying lion lands next to something and ganks them.

I did try the cave bat nation which has a ton of fliers and did not notice the issue as dramatically (they seemed to take off and land quickly), but they were small units and not pretenders. Maybe a bug, maybe intended for dramatic tension, maybe a flubbed attempt to hide the seams of a simultaneous turn system running.

It's the thing actually flying away at some point before the sprite actually goes all goku. I noticed the same behavior. If you have other units they will go attack that instead of just standing around.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

IAmThatIs posted:

So apparently in this version, pretender gods are permablessed. I hope you fuckers are ready to get kicked in the dick by my prot 35 cyclops :black101:

Only in their dominion fyi so don't do something silly and get yourself killed

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Kitfox88 posted:

i can't wait to buy dom 5 when i have actual money!!!

and then make more pd!!!!!!

Your pd's performance is now tracked in the battle report greatly enhancing gameplay.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

BurntCornMuffin posted:

How are your scales/dominion set up? My experiments with awake high path (rather than rainbow) blesses always seem to end with my scales or dominion tanked into uselessness.

Scales are for the weak and you can make up for it when you siege someone's cap on turn ten.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

jBrereton posted:

I would say that overall through the beta and into right now I have come to like misfortune and at least minor order/prod/growth (like O1 at the very least) when I always used to run L3, because the turmoil events you can get despite running luck now are so devastating that it's pretty much never worth it anymore.

Yeah having some pop peace out from your cap and permanently inhibiting your ability to recruit stuff is stupid as hell.

Where is my enforce serfdom event option illwinter.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

MF_James posted:

Haven't run into really awful luck events yet, but I haven't run L3, typically run neutral-L2 unless I'm playing Yomi or someone like that where you do turmoil3/Luck3. I stopped taking Misfortune in dom4 because bad poo poo always happened.

I lost a ton of cap pop in a test game with t3 l3. it happens.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Prism posted:

Can you force stealth units to not stealth so they act as normal? I forgot to check and now I'm somewhere where I can't. Or should I just let them be stealthed until they're noticed always?

it's like shift or ctrl or something when you move to tell them to stop that i forget. push ?

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

MF_James posted:

For the 1000th time, this game has sound?

They actually added better music. Just lol if you don't leave maenad_death_scream.wav and elefant.wav at max volume always.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Turin Turambar posted:

Man, there is so much poo poo in the high level spell lists. And I don't say that in the sense of 'good poo poo!', no.

I finished my MA Uruk game (SP), and in the last turns, I casted Call Abomination (Conj 9) to see if it was any good... nope. In fact hilariously they died in their first test fight against Gath doing just half a dozen casualties.
Somehow the spells in Research 7-8 are better than the ones in level 9, even if you need a ton of extra research points to reach the ninth level.

Abominations are actually good but you should use them as artillery not melee. They aren't something worth researching L9 expressly for. You should ask in discord or irc for the top tier spells though. Usually if you are going for 9s it's going to be one of the immensely powerful ones like Army of Gold/Lead, Tartarians, Wish etc

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Turin Turambar posted:

Not exactly!

I just read Zonk saying this "Looks like Man communions kick unconscious slaves out, unlike Blood/Astral. It's in the spell desc."

That's an interesting pro/con: you won't kill your mage slaves, but you can't use their vital force to cast more spells, exploiting regeneration blesses/spells or whatever.

All of your fort wizards are sacred and also they have spell singing which is 1/2 fatigue. It's very good

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Byrdman upload your dang god to stupidrobot

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

violent sex idiot posted:

lol that jon joe is posting this.

You owned him and he just ai'd irl

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Coin posted:

welp, Eriu has gone AI in surroundedbyenemies.

My fault. I decided to go all in on fighting Ermor early, and didn't put enough effort into keeping Pangaea off my turf. Teach me to be a buddy to the other teams.

Wait, you bordered MA Ermor and MA Pangaea. Hell going AI the turn you learned this was not a bad plan.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Decrepus posted:

Imagine being blamed for starting between Pan and Ermor lol

U gently caress how dare you get cancer and die

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Normal Adult Human posted:

Jbereton's ermor strategy was to kill everyone between him and ermor, so that he would be bigger than ermor.

The correct strategy when ermor is in the game is to start on the opposite end of the world from ermor and have other people attack him

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Corbeau posted:

First attempt at displaying winter status for water provinces:

Oh I didn't know water even cared it was cold. Cute babby icebergs tho

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Corbeau posted:

Sort of. Brainwinkle hasn't been updated for Dom5, so some things are hosed up. People are using a combination of that, discord, and snek.earth.

Gon's lobby bot works. Can use that instead of brainwrinkle

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

hi this is the post where i recruit people to play the 14+ player game on l0ki/lowkey's THE PANKOR SYSTEM map as depicted below.  

This game will be direct connect, hosted on the snek.earth servers.  To register you MUST connect to the discord https://discord.gg/F495kSZ
Once you're in, !register [nationname] pankor to secure your spot.  Once we're full  the server will go into upload mode.

BANNED Ermor, Pangaea
Players: 14+
Required ascension points 14, or 2/3 of thrones to win.
Thrones 14 at 7x1 4x2 2x3
Renaming 1
unlimited artifact forging
Cataclysm starts on turn 69

where is this map i want it

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Ramc posted:

Pan seems balanced to me. idk.

panlord spotted. MA is probably okay enough to play EA is just lmao. LA is fine.

did u try playing with the aoe 25 level 0 spells you get. i was just loving around and with that you can pretty much kill everyone because you have research 0 pbaoe 25 tangle vines/fear/mrn 31 *AN* stun that only hits enemies lol. 50% of heirophants can do this natively while leading centaur

doesn't matter what troops you use or anything even. no bless required. thats on top of being pan and having forts that don't cost money.

Nuclearmonkee fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jan 31, 2018

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Irony.or.Death posted:

"Okay, but this still sounds like bullshit why don't we just keep banning them?" is a pretty natural followup at this point. That is of course what you should do, and I have no idea what possessed you to sign up for a game that didn't follow this policy. We're trying to make the best of your mistake here.

Important part

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Chakan posted:

is there a dom5 wiki that has a rundown of factions strengths and weaknesses?

hahahahha

documentation is against the spirit of the game. if u want to learn how to play a faction ask in discord

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

quite stretched out posted:

youre only allowed to do this if all your impressions are purely from playing the single player game and fall apart under even the slightest critical examination, or ideally even before that

Just various permutations of this for every single nation http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=31148

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

How are u posted:

So what do people think of the Cataclysm setting? I just encountered it for the first time in holy war crimes game and I .... hate it. To be far it was set to trigger on turn 50(?!), so the game wasn't nearly settled and it started happening right as I was making exciting war plans.

Still, I found it really jarring how it changed the dynamics of the game, and I can't imagine I'll ever set it to trigger at any turn under 100 in any of my games, if I even use it at all.

Turn 69 is the correct setting, unless you actually enjoy the ultra late slog in which case you can just leave it off or move it to 100.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

How are u posted:

Pangea is perma-banned from all my future games good loving christ :negative:

That's entirely self inflicted. One does not just walk into dark skies Pangaea.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Copper arm coral blade for demilich or a giant amulet + Tele from friendly dom

And yeah I'm also regretting d10 fear bless. At least it's cheap

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Stay safe moon skeletons

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

MA Rlyeh doesn't get freespawn. I have to buy troop

Vanheim died because he's in the tribal age and I am armed with space age weapons.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Awake a7w10s6 cast condors kill target player

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

yeah just that. drain 3 is insanely easy to work around and i have no idea why people are willing to take t3m1 and call it free points but refuse to cash in on d3 which is actually for real free points.

:wrong:

Drain 3 is a research efficiency modifier that can be worth a lot of scales on a lot of nations. When combined with mis3 you also have to deal with magic fade.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Unless you have bv it's not worth the effort. Enlarge Just Works

Im also wrong a lot so don't believe anything I say

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

this sounds made up, however, i refuse to set up a test game or autistically trawl through event modifiers so i am forced to believe it is true.

It's true because they are bad at balance. Misfortune three is fine. The combos that will punch you in the dick are:

Tumoil 2+ Mis 1+ (Civil Warrrrr)
Order 2+ Mis 1+ (Freethinkers taking your pop)
Drain 2+ Mis 1+ (Magic fade and other gemloss)
Death... just don't take death okay.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

In a surprise twist Trade and Taint will be downloadable as a workshop mod

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

i rush everyone around me, to my own detriment, and literally cannot help myself.

This guy gets it

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

I fought sauro and barely won in a long grueling war which sucked. Then I made some vampires (late because I forgot SILT wasn't on lol) and this cool guy

I was too slow in grabbing thrones to contest the immolation birb really.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

RockyB posted:

On Pankor 4 Vanheim has been vanquished by the cruel daoists

Agreed

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Bug Squash posted:

The idiot hellclowns of Nazca take some pride in blunting Man's meteoric rise and uncoming easy victory into a 2nd or 3rd place ranking despite being irrelevant since turn 1 :toot:

I'm not sure what the other guys on Pankor 5 think his 10 billion longbowmen and infinite worm wages are going to do when I die in about 2 turns.

Hopefully come pay me a visit. I would love some worm mages.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I'm pretty sure this is suboptimal, but I had the goofiest idea pop into my head this morning:
Larger Bless
Niefel Jarl
Stymphalian Wings

Just picture a whole flock.

☑️ Nation doesn't start with E
☑️ All Stymphalian Wings must be forged by your god
☑️ Niefel sprite is indeed slightly larger with larger active

It's a good plan go with it.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Just keep playing them until you get a start not next to someone who attacks you really early. If pythium can get to like turn 15ish intact with a few forts they are pretty dang strong.

And yes they are perfectly suited to obliterating ermor. Like 6 pink guy acolytes with a few junior pink guys with the A or S banish + pen bless can destroy vast swathes of skeletons effortlessly. As an added bonus you aren't as hosed as everyone else spamming priests because you were going to make the pink guys anyways.

Man, Mari and Pythium are my preferred ermor killers just because it really isn't as disruptive to your game to do ermor fighting. You still shouldn't play with ermor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Cryle - Today at 8:38 PM
wtf is my fetish a berserker now
is there a site that makes everyone in the province berserk
nuclear monkey - Today at 8:40 PM
does your fetish have a berserker item
jsoh - Today at 8:40 PM
theres spells that make stuff berserk
or items
Cryle - Today at 8:41 PM
hes not even in combat
hes just berserk on the map
Cryle - Today at 8:42 PM
one of my lion warriors went berserk too
jsoh - Today at 8:42 PM
do you have the berserker bless cryle
Cryle - Today at 8:43 PM
oh my god
nuclear monkey - Today at 8:43 PM
clicks berserker during pretender creation WHAT THE gently caress WHY IS MY GUY BERSERK
i think i do
nuclear monkey - Today at 8:43 PM
cryle is the best dominions five player that ever lived
i didnt take it! i didnt do it!!
jsoh - Today at 8:44 PM
if you click on a temple it tells you what your bless is
nuclear monkey - Today at 8:44 PM
he clicked berserker, which is next to recuperation
nuclear monkey - Today at 8:44 PM
the fetish does whatever his believers think he will do
Cryle - Today at 8:45 PM
i took berserk instead or recup
nuclear monkey - Today at 8:45 PM
if they believe he's going to just lose his poo poo and swing his club with increased accuracy, that's what will happen
where's :downsbravo: when you need it
Cryle - Today at 8:45 PM
blood is gushing from my nose and mouth
okay listen you all need to keep this secret