Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Frosted Flake posted:

I testify that there is no deity but God, and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

It's real rotten to move this, please move it back.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Israel is the euro-settler against both potato and burrito.

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

there are many antichrists

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Canned Sunshine posted:

They were ugly as poo poo

"Lewis Mumford compared the towers to a gigantic pair of filing cabinets, while others said they looked like the boxes that the Empire State Building and the Chrysler Building came in."

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

what is the generic name for this kind of double-image?

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

I swear I remember a few years ago there was a video of hamas (and maybe al qaeda?) members making fun of ISIS but now I can't find it. anyone know what I am talking about?
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3e54v1

platzapS has issued a correction as of 04:29 on Oct 17, 2023

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

you should assume that if any given missile hits gaza this week it's probably from Israel. lots of zionists forgetting their bayes

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

neat!

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

continuing to hold off. netanyahu is taking the opportunity to blame the IDF for being cowards. theoretically it's about waiting for more Americans to arrive

As Truman said, the buck stops with the President. Ball's in your court Isaac Herzog.

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

:yooge: a series of ongoing (and mostly unsuccessful!) attacks against U.S. personnel

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

That's not even "passive" in the evading-responsibility sense. It names the IDF as the source of blast.

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Rubellavator posted:

if you take one down be sure to check for razors taped to the back, because that's a thing at least one person has done

not picking on you rubellavator but this is the most urban legend rear end poo poo i've ever heard

no one is putting in the extra time, expense, weight, and legal culpability to add razors to flyers.

e:

Hatebag posted:

i heard they're putting fentanyl on the hostage posters and if you take one down they human traffic you

e2: apparently it's possible???
https://www.strangehistory.net/2020/12/01/urban-legend-razor-blades-behind-posters/

platzapS has issued a correction as of 20:44 on Nov 7, 2023

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Chillgamesh posted:

However, Israel will still be bombing northern Gaza for most of the ceasefire (they only agreed to a window from 10:00 - 16:00 where they'll stop bombings in the north), and most of the housing and infrastructure there has already been destroyed, so I don't know how many people will return.
Good news, you are mistaken! There should be no bombing in north or south. The "window" is for IDF overflights of any kind, but I don't know if Israel has actually agreed to that

Reuters posted:

Hamas said Israel had agreed to halt air traffic over the north of Gaza from 10 a.m. (0800 GMT) until 4 p.m. (1400 GMT) each day of the truce and to halt all air traffic over the south for the entire period. The group said Israel agreed not to attack or arrest anyone in Gaza, and people can move freely along Salah al-Din Street, the main road along which many Palestinians have fled northern Gaza where Israel launched its ground invasion.
but

AP posted:

Hamas said Israel’s warplanes would stop flying over southern Gaza during the four-day truce and for six hours daily over the north. Israel made no mention of halting flights, and it wasn’t clear if this would include its sophisticated intelligence drones, which have been a constant presence over Gaza.

platzapS has issued a correction as of 20:13 on Nov 22, 2023

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Centrist Committee posted:

im astonished this is happening,

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

lol at the clips of Biden tripping on stairs

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

If Philadelphia weren’t a thing it’d be a great name for a utopian commune.

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

They talk a lot about destroyed buildings but what about the ones lost to Hamas booby traps?

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Pooky posted:

Is he really arguing that they don't disagree with SA?

Didn't have enough time to disagree?

idk how this is going to help

This is not a dispute. It is a uni-spute, a one-sided clapping of hands.

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Al Jazeera not saying anything about US consulate: “No US facilities were affected by the missile strikes on Erbil, two US officials told Reuters.”

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Frosted Flake posted:

the Israeli street
lol

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Morbus posted:

Good luck dealing with this poo poo hegemailures

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

How’s that US aid harbor coming along

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

genuine LOL

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

National Review: Anti-Israel Protesters Chant ‘Death to America,’ ‘Death to Israel’ at Michigan Rally
April 8 2024

Anti-Israel protesters chanted both “death to Israel” and “death to America” at a rally in Michigan on Friday.

The demonstration, which took place in the town of Dearborn — a suburb of Detroit that is home to the largest Muslim population in the U.S. — was held to mark al Quds day, an international day of support for Palestinians and opposition to Israel.

The rally featured rounds of chants led by local activist Tarek Bazzi and local imam Usama Abdulghani.

Bazzi prompted the crowd to break into calls for “death to America” after speaking about former Iranian ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini and the beginning of al-Quds Day, a celebration on the last Friday of Ramadan during which some profess their support for a “free Palestine” and opposition to Israel’s existence.

“We have been asked in the past: ‘Why are our priests on the international al-Quds Day are [sic] so anti-America? Why don’t we just focus more on Israel and not talk so much about America?’ Gaza has shown the entire world why these protests are so anti-America, because it’s the United States government that provides the funds for all of the atrocities,” Bazzi said before the audience responded with the “death to America” chants. “Imam Kohomeini, who declared international al-Quds Day, this is why he would say to pour all of your chants and all of your shots upon the head of America.”

Speaking of Israel, Bazzi said the Jewish state “does not deserve to exist.”

“When these fools [ask] us if Israel has the right to exist,” he said, “the chant ‘death to Israel’ has become the most logical chant across the world today.”

Abdulghani, the imam who followed Bazzi’s remarks, compared Israel with some of the most infamous entities in world history.

“Israel before this, brothers and sisters, was a sacred cow. Nobody could criticize Israel. Everybody was terrified of being antiseptic. Everybody was afraid of them, but now the people of conscience very openly will criticize Israel.” Abdulghani said. “They recognize Israel for what it is. Israel is ISIS, they are Nazis, they are fascists, they are racists. The people of the world now know this.”

Dearborn’s Arab residents have made their opposition to Israel known in recent months, with many voting “uncommitted” in the Democratic presidential primary to protest President Biden’s support for the Jewish state.

Middle East Media Research Institute executive director Steven Stalinski dubbed the city “America’s jihad capital” in a February op-ed in the Wall Street Journal.

“Almost immediately after” the Hamas attack of October 7, “people were celebrating the horrific events of that day in pro-Hamas rallies and marches throughout Dearborn,” Stalinsky wrote.
------
Zach Kessel is a William F. Buckley Jr. Fellow in Political Journalism and a recent graduate of Northwestern University.

platzapS has issued a correction as of 17:58 on Apr 8, 2024

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

[Ofer Kassif is a Knesset member from the far-left Hadash party.]

google translate:

"Israel is a sovereign state and no legitimacy should be given to harming its sovereignty (which does not include the occupied Palestinian territories). But let's not forget that for years the Israeli governments have been attacking Syria, Lebanon, and probably Iran as well, violating their own sovereignty, not to mention denying sovereignty to the Palestinian people under occupation. The assassination of Mohammad Reza Zahedi was an unnecessary and particularly dangerous provocation that today has been avenged on us, as I had already warned on the day of the assassination. Nice demands nice sustains: He who violates the sovereignty of others, should not be surprised when his own sovereignty is violated. The only solution - a blanket cessation of any violation of sovereignty whatsoever, including that of the occupied Palestinian people. The continuation of the attack on Gaza (and the abandonment of the abductees to their deaths) and Israeli revenge on Iran will bring upon us an indescribable disaster. But this is what the government of horrors wants - a regional war from which it will gain American support and survive in power, and whatever price the public will pay. The fascist right must not be allowed to drag us into the abyss! Remove now!"

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Nix Panicus posted:

All members of the IDF, past or present, all members of Israeli government, and settlers living in stolen Palestinian homes do not qualify as non-combatants. They are all directly responsible for the brutality inflicted on the Palestinians

All others should be protected and I strongly condemn any attacks on them

That's not what "non-combatant" means. A soldier who was fighting one minute ago but surrenders, for example, is a non-combatant.

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

huh, it seems obvious that it would be, but I didn't know double tapping was a war crime:

lots of war criminals in the IDF I bet

fun fact: It is illegal/uncouth to shoot a parachuting pilot who bailed out of a wrecked fighter plane, but fine to shoot intentional paratroopers landing normally

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Willa Rogers posted:

it establishes the norm that it qualifies as prosecutable hate speech, which is the (adl's) point.

there is no such thing as prosecutable hate speech in the United States

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

This has no relation to "from the river to the sea", which is not incitement or fighting words. Congress' act is purely symbolic.

e: OH I see what you're saying, nevermind.

platzapS has issued a correction as of 14:26 on Apr 17, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Morbus posted:

al-Malarki