Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

#justgoebbelsthings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

whoa pener's back... nice

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Curious how they trained for these daring paraglide insertions

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Ringo Roadagain posted:

wtf is going on in that thread

Nah its chill, theyve decided that Shits Complicated and sometimes u just have to rinse your hands of it and wonder Why? Why? Why cant folks just get along? any change in perspective or even curiosity about how things got this bad have been neatly tucked away with the other childish things

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Rainbow Knight posted:

man I am 3300 posts and two days behind but dti forever

thas rite

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

paul_soccer12 posted:

As far as I know, we have basically 0 evidence they have succeeded in any significant military context, outside of catching the IDF with their pants literally down at one installation. It's only been one day, they are wildly outmatched in tech, they almost certainly aren't trained with any equipment they captured. I can't say I know what Hamas is specifically hoping to achieve, but they probably have very bad odds of holding territory for long, and I'm not convinced they DO have strong strategic leadership

lol

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Euphoriaphone posted:

Nickelodeon: gently caress them (Palestinian) kids
https://twitter.com/Nickelodeon/status/1712447027659915700

Meanwhile the chad Cartoon Network funnels millions to hamas off the books

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Gg.. heh, ur alright

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Jel Shaker posted:

Amid the blasts of countless bombs, the rattle of gunfire shows Israelis are in Gaza – and will stay

critical addition of [to find] by the guardian editor when we all know about the hannibal directive….

Mmmm, learning the right lessons from Stalingrad i see

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Ahh, 'baked babies'... we have dismissed those claims

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

ur av is dope

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Neurolimal posted:

All the big names were there; Two-Ton Tony, The Dangerous Sniper, Mr. Hot And Ready, Drives Tank Best, Winded Fatass, and Hospital Bomber. The best of the best of Israeli society, all ready to kick Hamas rear end. They were dead within 8 hours.

lol

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Vomik posted:

I don’t know why I just remembered this - but whatever happened to “Antifa” ??

died on the way back to their home squat

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Daiped up Zardoz rear end country

The gun is good, and retrieving the Seed of Men from the Penis, that is also good

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Al-Saqr posted:

the houthis are such dreamers and achievers i love them

here's to the do'ers

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Officer Sandvich posted:

The helicopters are cover for them getting themselves killed somewhere they weren't supposed to be

I refuse to believe ospreys arent killing like 30 spezial truppen a week

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Sancho Banana posted:

The Haredim are epic because every now and again, some rabbi pisses people off by saying "IDF soldiers are worthless dogs, our true protectors are Torah students"

Only one group in israel is prepared to vie with hamas in tunnelmaking expertise

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Death By The Blues posted:

I mean we do have aragh saggi. Do wish that Shiraz got back into the winemaking business. Europeans used to important their wines from them and apparently they made the best wine ever, similar to sherry.

Try some greek wines imo. Retsina ftw

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Apologies if this has already been posted, but I found it pretty interesting, Adam Tooze on German memory-culture as it pertains to enabling Israel's second-strike deterrence (ie nuclear submarines)

https://adamtooze.substack.com/p/chartbook-271-reasons-of-state-memory

Tooze posted:

Those submarines, designed, built and paid for in cooperation with Germany are Israel’s true security guarantee. They are what German politicians, at least those in the know, are gesturing towards when they say Israel’s security is German reason of state. Insofar as Germany has a “deep state” here it is - offshore, deniable collaboration in the development and building of Israel’s nuclear deterrent.

If we believe reports from Die Welt, Germany’s collaboration with Israel in securing its nuclear deterrent may go back to the early 1960s when credible sources suggest that after talks between Ben-Gurion and Konrad Adenauer, Germany agreed to help Israel pay for its nuclear program. Conservative politicians like Franz Joseph Strauss, who would have dearly liked for Germany to have its own atomic arsenal, dropped heavy hints about this cooperation. Israeli sources have done the same. There are line items in the balance sheets of the KfW that a ten-year credit of $500 million was provided on preferential terms for “industrial and infrastructure development in the Negev”, where the Dimona nuclear complex is located.

By the 1970s Israel was looking to develop a new fleet of submarines and turned to German designers.

The crucial point to make is that much as it seeks broad influence, Germany’s memory culture is in its standard form - Vergangenheitsbewältigung as a project - is a project of Germany’s educated elite, its self-appointed thought-leaders. In this sense the anachronistic resonances of “reason of state” were not misplaced. The commitment of Germany to Israel’s security, come what may, was a counter-majoritarian project, backed up by a commitment to policing and managing, not to say censoring, domestic German public opinion. This is an understanding shared on the cultural left, in Germany’s public intellectual and cultural scene. But it is is also true for the conservative culture warriors who head the upper echelons of the right-wing Axel Springer Verlag and the editorial cliques that run the Bild Zeitung, Germany’s biggest tabloid newspaper. When the militant head of Axel Springer, Mathias Döpfner, declares "Und natürlich: Zionismus über alles. Israel my country” - with the latter phrase expressed in English - he knows he is not speaking for a majority of Germans.

Fuligin has issued a correction as of 21:29 on Mar 28, 2024

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

losin my gdamnd mind over the wsj and nytimes apparently not even bothering to acknowledge that israel blew up a fuckin embassy yesterday

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

lol

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

The Voice of Labor posted:

serious question, where is israel stealing all its water from?

they take much of their irrigation water from the Jordan River, which has been disastrous for Jordan, the country

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Al-Saqr posted:

god warcraft 3 ruled so much those cinematics are so unbelievable even today. theyre so loving hype and awesome too bad blizzard went out of business in 2006.

My dad humored me forcing him to watch all of them

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

ice cold fusion

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

The Voice of Labor posted:

*idf rabbi raises a golem to protect the righteous*

*golem immediately starts slaughtering the idf*

Loved that issue of The Invisibles