Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

gradenko_2000 posted:

code:
https://twitter.com/JLMelenchon/status/1710611123613954196
translation:

are you loving kidding me Jean-Luc. Piss off

Well, as far as I can see Hamas is still on their side of the UN approved border, no?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Wonder if some of the shipments for Ukraine ended up there.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Mantis42 posted:

the oracle told biden that if he sent arms to ukraine the occupation will fall

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

webcams for christ posted:

from Bloomberg's Javier Blas, energy columnist about 5 hours ago:

"The Saudi-Israeli diplomatic deal, which many had penciled in for early-to-mid 2024, is a casualty. Even if Riyadh is likely furious with Hamas, it’s difficult to see how Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman would be able to sell the deal domestically. That, in turn, removes the potential for Saudi Arabia pumping more oil to help passage of the deal in Washington. The other victim of the Hamas-Isaeli war is the Saudi-Iranian rapprochement, which itself was another bearish element for oil."

Why would it hurt Saudi Iran relations?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

The Voice of Labor posted:

doing domestic surveillance is always a bad look so the cia subcontacts the work out to mossad for a layer of obfuscation and deniability

Also secular arab nationalism used to be a big threat and Israel was instrumental in nuking that one.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

lmao

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Must be running low on officers if the Multidimension units are forced to work in just our 3

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Sancho Banana posted:

It's not THAT difficult to dodge the draft, and if you're afraid of getting disowned by your parents or something, it's also not that hard to avoid being a combatant and you have to TRY to be a serious intelligence guy or something. Just land one of those bureaucratic office jobs where you just make a bunch of bullshit phone calls and paperwork instead if actually meaningfully contributing and sit on your rear end until you're free.

A lot of Ukrainians practicing their conga skills in Russian minefields right now had a similar idea.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

smarxist posted:

but doctor,

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

lobster shirt posted:

thinking about in world war z how the israeli government invited all the palestinians into israel to save them from the zombies for some reason lol

Didn't Israel end up with a ton of covid vaccines they couldn't get anyone to take while the Palestinians had none? I can only assume they handed them over in a gesture of goodwill. Not looking into this further.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Lpzie posted:

im inside gaza right now, a lil stiff and tired from the long ride, but overall feeling spry.

How was the rave though?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Lostconfused posted:

Yanis was good too when Russian military moved into Ukraine.

Guess he got better over the years, or maybe he was always good on anti-war and geopolitics.

He was always good. Just bad at politics and a naive idiot on the personal level.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Hammerstein posted:

This is nothing compared to what is going on in my country, where the flag of Israel has been hoisted on the chancellery.

Not surprising though, when it comes to genocide my garbage country added a couple of chapters to the manual. Some of them so bad that it made even the Germans blush. The right wing around here loves Israel now, cause Bibi&friends are free to do what our Nazis can only dream about.

Lmao gently caress

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Zodium posted:

the expressed viewpoint is just whatever fits the real reason. same reason they're laser-focused on the rape of nova now. it's a matter of narrowing your vision until the information fits the real objective.

That's an elegant way of putting it.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Spaced God posted:

It's so cool when people learn about this for the first time

Next look up the nypd submarine fleet. Or the time they tried to boost officer shooting accuracy during incidents by including officer suicides as one shot perpetrator kills and still couldn't break 30%

Lmao, that's a good one

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Al-Saqr posted:

THEY DID

THATS WHY THEY WERE SUBJECTED TO THE GAZA SIEGE

BECAUSE THEY VOTED

That's voting wrong though

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

The error in thinking here is that Isreal would have tp pay for the bombs.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Hatebag posted:

still lolling at hamas's tears of the kingdom rear end paragliders being an undefeatable military force yielding the most effective palestinian actions of my lifetime

Nintendo rear end war

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

Yeah but that's a different problem than "too many rockets, system goes down" and that was the problem being reported

I guess they're having ammunition issues at this point which they are trying to resolve

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2023/10/09/israel-hamas-iron-dome-missiles/71120068007/.

"Too many rockets, ran out of anti rocket rockets"

It doesn't matter at all though. They were never going to intercept more than a handfull of missiles. If you can launch a few thousands missile defense is going to do gently caress all.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Death By The Blues posted:

Another account confirming rumours of Hezbollah mobilization

https://twitter.com/sentdefender/status/1711459684278809075

I mean, even if you don't intend to do anything at this point you'd have to call in your guys if the neighbors look this unhinged.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

So it is Israel's 911

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Still lmaoing about the Atlantic Council being funded by literal Apartheid money

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Atrocious Joe posted:

Solidarity with Mia Khalifa and 31 Harvard student orgs
https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1711577558578311663

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Wasn't the sticking point that the opposition didn't want some of the current coalition partners to stick around, or am I misreading that statement?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

PhilippAchtel posted:

You know it never ceases to amaze me that the foundational myth of the Jewish people, one of the most recognizable stories in the Western canon is Exodus, a story about God delivering people from bondage by inflicting enormous suffering and death on their oppressors.

And the moral of the story is that Ramses was wrong. His arrogance and power blinded him to the suffering his system was inflicting, and how sooner or later the wheel turns.

Not sure why I think about that. The lesson certainly has no application to current events.

Yeah Ramses was wrong. Can't negotiate with terrorists.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Death of Innocence posted:

The Galicia that people know about is a part of Spain. The historical Galicia that you are referring to doesn’t even exist anymore, according to Google it’s split between Poland and Ukraine. Spanish Galicia doesn’t have anything to do with this, and to most people Eastern Europe Galicia is completely unknown ancient history. This is like if you were posting about Georgia the country and somehow no one had ever heard of it.

It's actually pretty relevant, going by the Canadian parliament.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Stringent posted:

what's up with the iron dome anyhow, haven't seen anyone talking about it

Using hundreds of missiles is cheating.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Frosted Flake posted:

Okay, because that's the part that drives me insane.

I now have two wars I can't discuss at work... where I discuss wars all day.

Why are you surprised? By and large you're a product of the same organization that brought us ships that melt in seawater.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

like just logistically, how many guys are you gonna get to chop a baby's head off? And then how many can you get to do it more than once? I'm betting that even if you were willing to pay people a lot of money, you couldn't find one willing to chop off a baby's head, let alone enough of them to lop 40 heads off.

Something something baby-chopper Ahmed is an outlier and shouldn't have been included

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Zodium posted:

motherfucker!!!

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Why the gently caress would you admit that at this point?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Al! posted:

the libs will be remorseful when they wake out of their blood rage, but won't remember themselves being involved at all, like werewolves

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Seems to me if you hand out 27k weapons the likelihood that you'll hear shots is going to go up quite a bit.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Nix Panicus posted:

Wouldnt cutting off their captive labor force completely gently caress over any labor intensive industry at a time when their own citizens are also occupied?

How does a mobilized Israel without Palestinian labor continue to exist?

Uncle Joe will pay for it.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

HallelujahLee posted:

egypt isnt going to take the hit of accepting then rerouting much easier to not accept at all

heres a better idea maybe the us should stop supporting and abetting genocide

Honestly, that might be what the attacks on the border posts were for. Scare the Egyptian army away, then drive the whole population over the border.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Zodium posted:

that's right.

the possible outcomes seem to be:
- no out way is found, and israel genocides the palestinians.
- some way out is found, and israel ethnically cleanses palestine.
- israel is defeated and apartheid is ended by force of arms.

the core's material support for the former two outcomes and visceral opposition to the third is, at this point, essentially indistinguishable from nazism.

It's true

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

Tremendous title work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Stringent posted:

yep.

the reason hezbollah has done so well in the past is meticulous preparation. they take that poo poo seriously because they're literally risking everything by going into action.

yeah, this.

Yeah, seems like a bad idea for hezbollah to try for an incursion into Israel now. Might end up looking like the Ukrainian spring offensive.