Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jesus In A Can
Jul 2, 2007
From Concentrate
thump

edited to add actual content: One thing I always thought was interesting was that Teg was 296 without the spice so clearly, the breeding program was a major success in several ways following Leto II. That and probably medicine and other things and whathaveyou.

Jesus In A Can fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Aug 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jesus In A Can
Jul 2, 2007
From Concentrate
"What do you call the mouse shadow on the second moon?"

*chuckles* "We call that one Muad'Peed."

Jesus In A Can
Jul 2, 2007
From Concentrate

Prolonged Priapism posted:

Too bad about her son.

Don't talk about the breaker of habit that way.

Jesus In A Can
Jul 2, 2007
From Concentrate

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Every single person and organization is run by hyper-competent rainmen (except when they're not competent), who always correctly feng shui and color coordinate poo poo for maximum psychological impact, and every family has like 5 separate secret spoken and signed languages. Even the Fremen are shown to have some kind of plastic production facility for making various stuff. They can make some metal guns for killing smugglers or Fremen.

It's like if every oil well emitted a energy field only allowing a special kind of gun to work near it. Every PMC would have a few of those babies.

You wouldn't dare say this in chakobsa, the secret battle language of the Atreides that everyone happens to recognize immediately as chakobsa, the secret battle language of the Atreides.

Jesus In A Can
Jul 2, 2007
From Concentrate

JohnnySavs posted:

Brilliant Atreides strategy at work.

Makes sense. One guy with a shield can block most of a small passage while kung fu Atreides kick and punch and phase past them. Just weirding all over the place.

Jesus In A Can
Jul 2, 2007
From Concentrate
Jared Leto as Feyd until he starts literally fighting crew members to the death.

Jesus In A Can
Jul 2, 2007
From Concentrate

basic hitler posted:

I feel like, if i'm wrong there will be book text making that explicit, and i welcome anyone who can recall the relevant details.

Dune Messiah posted:

“The tribe will collect his water soon,” Dhuri said. She crossed to Otheym, propped pillows behind him, held his shoulder to steady him until the coughing passed. She wasn’t really very old, Paul saw, but a look of lost hopes ringed her mouth, bitterness lay in her eyes.

“I’ll summon doctors,” Paul said.

Dhuri turned, hand on hip. “We’ve had medical men, as good as any you could summon.” She sent an involuntary glance to the barren wall on her left.

And the medical men were costly, Paul thought.

Jesus In A Can
Jul 2, 2007
From Concentrate

goatsestretchgoals posted:

Hi I’m Liet Kynes, welcome to Jackass!

I'm Paul Muad'dib, and this is the Danger of Prescience.

Jesus In A Can
Jul 2, 2007
From Concentrate

Dadliest Worrier posted:

And one day, they will face The Honored Misters Patres.

Jesus In A Can
Jul 2, 2007
From Concentrate
There's something in Chapterhouse when Lucilla is being held captive where she thinks about the symptoms of withdrawal and how her implant is slowly doling out little bits of spice, but that it only lasts a certain amount of time.

On my phone or I'd post the text.

Jesus In A Can
Jul 2, 2007
From Concentrate
Feyd Rabban Harkonnen.

Jesus In A Can
Jul 2, 2007
From Concentrate
Taking spice forever
Memories without end

Jesus In A Can
Jul 2, 2007
From Concentrate
Roll Fizzlebeef

Jesus In A Can
Jul 2, 2007
From Concentrate
It's right there in the books. He's Karakian.

"His black karakul hair."

Jesus In A Can
Jul 2, 2007
From Concentrate
Nubile honored matre hits all 51 excitations points at once. You'll recall all your past lives.

Jesus In A Can
Jul 2, 2007
From Concentrate

Checks out.

Jesus In A Can
Jul 2, 2007
From Concentrate
Oh?

Jesus In A Can
Jul 2, 2007
From Concentrate
Rewatching the Lynch movie and just now noticed that Mohiam says "kull wahad" after Paul keeps his hand in the box. Literally seen this movie more than 20 times and that's the first time I've noticed it.

Jesus In A Can
Jul 2, 2007
From Concentrate

Schadenboner posted:

It's from the what now?

Doritos

Jesus In A Can
Jul 2, 2007
From Concentrate
So dude pilots his skyship in the nude.

Such a blaspemous waste of his (perfect, pure, ebony) body's water.

Jesus In A Can
Jul 2, 2007
From Concentrate
He's just a guy who's
Missing most of his legs

When the gas
Blew apart
His black legs

Eeeee heeeee!

Jesus In A Can
Jul 2, 2007
From Concentrate

SniperWoreConverse posted:

diaphanous, with membranes

By the webbed junk of Dur!

Jesus In A Can
Jul 2, 2007
From Concentrate
Dry winds are rising, and the Fremen rise with them.

Jesus In A Can
Jul 2, 2007
From Concentrate
Tangentially connected, Azam Ali sang that song (Inama Nushif). She also did an album based almost entirely off of the poetry of Rumi. 'The Hunt' is a really good one, whether you speak Persian or not.

Jesus In A Can
Jul 2, 2007
From Concentrate

Tree Bucket posted:

Look, I'm sure there's a Bene Gesserit saying to go with your dilemma.

It's free soostones.

Jesus In A Can
Jul 2, 2007
From Concentrate

Anne Frank Funk posted:

"Tell me, old worm, is there a monster penis hidden in that monster body of yours?”

Lol

Like Malky, these will (hopefully) be near my last words.

Jesus In A Can
Jul 2, 2007
From Concentrate
I don't know about them creating Yueh and I don't remember any specific implications that they did, but something from the later novels where Waff and then Scytale just offhandedly say, "oh, you sought we kwisatz haderach? Yeah, we made one of those. He went insane and killed himself." Like it's nothing.

Lots of weird stuff just popped up in later novels.

Jesus In A Can
Jul 2, 2007
From Concentrate
We'd expect nothing less of a 92nd-level swordmaster of the 10th school of Ginaz.

What's that? All that was prequel nonsense? MY Duncan Idaho was just a well-trained badass and not a hyper ninja?

Jesus In A Can
Jul 2, 2007
From Concentrate

Honky Dong Country posted:

I'm the dune fan thinking about playing the tleilax in the pdox game but sweating and tugging my collar when I think about axlotl tanks and random events

"One of the masters has entered Khel without performing Ghufran. Spice production decreased by 50%"

Jesus In A Can
Jul 2, 2007
From Concentrate
"With their palm trees, it reminds me of the gardens of Judea, except they didn't have palm trees. Their non-Jewish contemporaries did though, so my point still stands."

Jesus In A Can
Jul 2, 2007
From Concentrate

Son of Sam-I-Am posted:

A Fistful of Duncans

A Few Duncans More

Jesus In A Can
Jul 2, 2007
From Concentrate
Breaking Ibad

Jesus In A Can
Jul 2, 2007
From Concentrate

woop posted:

WATER DICIPLINE????????????

In my sietch? It's more likely than you think.

Jesus In A Can
Jul 2, 2007
From Concentrate
I wonder if that blurring of the cuff of the knife hand is intentional, and the body shields will be some type of glove/wrist mount combo.

Jesus In A Can
Jul 2, 2007
From Concentrate
Hell yeah, that one looks much better.

Jesus In A Can
Jul 2, 2007
From Concentrate

Phlegmish posted:

Also not sure what the point of the Secret Jews was

Frank was a major Mel Brooks fan.

Jesus In A Can
Jul 2, 2007
From Concentrate
That first sentence is clearly from a Mad Libs where each blank was an adhective.

Jesus In A Can
Jul 2, 2007
From Concentrate
Gurney man was two Tleilaxu in a suit of armor this entire time

Jesus In A Can
Jul 2, 2007
From Concentrate

Eau de MacGowan posted:

was going to say he needs a giant clock around his neck but then did clocks get destroyed in the butlerian jihad, are mentats trained to subconsciously be counting the time all day every day???

There's a point right when they arrive in Arrakeen where they make a deal about resetting all of their clocks to local time, and Idaho makes a drunken fool of himself at 2am following the dinner party, as noted by Jessica.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jesus In A Can
Jul 2, 2007
From Concentrate
Hawat was the dude with the umbrella.