Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
Ran into some dudes a few times where I filled them full of bullets, from 10 to 20 feet away, blood going everywhere, and when I watched the death cam the game disagreed and I either never damaged them at all or got a shot into their pinky toe.

Just got kinda annoying.

FPP NA for reference.

And we ran into a few guys we're fairly certain were hacking but still nothing like TPP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Doorknob Slobber posted:

A map that is smaller in size + mostly los leones would be actually cool. lots more bridges between buildings and poo poo too

That's what they claimed Miramar would be back when it was first announced.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Neutrino posted:

Ok, then how is it possible to tell if someone is cheating?

Like this:

https://giant.gfycat.com/ResponsibleBlueKillifish.webm

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

odiv posted:

Jesus, I used to get pirated South Park episodes that were smaller than that clip.

Sorry? I didn't make it and I'm on wifi so I didn't notice.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

odiv posted:

I'm not really complaining, more just amazed. It was just taking a little while to load so I checked the size.

It's all good dude

(except the hacker of course)

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

uniball posted:

in Cars Only news we finished season 1 right on top: 1st/2nd/3rd/6th/7th in the world for road kills per game and 1st/2nd/6th for total road kills.

here's a new vid of us doing cars

My friends and I have been doing this for a few weeks, but we don't pick up any loot at all. Came in 3rd the other day.

You guys are way better at it, but we're going to catch you soon!

:black101:

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

gently caress we got second place in another cars only round. Didn't even realize it. So close!

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

What's ya'lls favourite cars when going for road kill games? I noticed the blue dacia guy seemed to be mvp in one of the vids posted earlier but he might just be good.

We usually prefer the UAZ, followed by the Dacia. The buggy works in a pinch but the tires get blown out too easily. For me, I also really like the two seater bike since it's fast and hard for people to get a good bead on if you have the element of surprise.

I will admit I have a number of roadkills with the three seater. It's fast and that sidecar will take people out like bad Chinese food.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

uniball posted:

in Cars Only news we finished season 1 right on top: 1st/2nd/3rd/6th/7th in the world for road kills per game and 1st/2nd/6th for total road kills.

here's a new vid of us doing cars

My friends and I need to up our game. I'm #3 in the world for regular Squad roadkills per game, and two of my friends are #6 and #8. We've been dabbling in FPP car murder as well (I like it more but one dude prefers TPP).

And I'm right behind your friends for total roadkills (#4).

All this season, not last.

poo poo another one of our squad registered on the tracker and now I'm #4. Hah.

Riot Carol Danvers fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Feb 12, 2018

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

We just got a vehicle only squad win

The last guy was hiding in Gatka in the last house that was in, and wouldn't come out even though the blue was pushing him out.

4 kills personally and we only lost 1 guy to a badass suicide vehicle explosion that took out two guys.

Riot Carol Danvers fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Feb 12, 2018

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

So I flipped my car in a squad match and ran up behind a guy and started punching him as he shot at my teammates. He stopped shooting and none of my punches did anything, it was like punching nothing. Another squad mate ran up and did the same but as soon as I turned away the guy came back to life and immediately iced us with an M4.

Saved the video so I'll throw it up tomorrow.

Edit: gently caress it, here ya go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcX0PdY3hBU

Also just made #2!

Riot Carol Danvers fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Feb 12, 2018

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

WhatEvil posted:

We've (Me, Flaggy, Speked, Gav, Ownenated so far) also started playing some "cars only".

It is waaaaaay more fun than playing "normally".

It really is. Even if you go "tryhard" mode in cars only it's hilarious and good.

We ran into another cars only squad a few days ago and were at a stalemate until one of their bikes flipped, we knocked the dude out, then they kept trying to get out and revive him.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

drunken officeparty posted:

I did cars only last night and kept thinking hitting the car the other person got out of and is behind shooting from would get pushed and crush them if I rammed it, but no it's just like hitting a wall leaving you stopped right in front of the gun.

Depends. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Janky rear end physics, dude.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

WhatEvil posted:

When vehicle hits vehicle, nothing is guaranteed. Quite often if a bike hits a UAZ, the UAZ will go flying and the bike will be unaffected, for example. Sometimes you crash into a stationary vehicle and it shunts it forward, other times it's as if nothing has happened.

Accurate. Buddy of mine drove his two seat bike in front of me, and my UAZ barely bumped him.

I was launched into space and died on impact.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Star Man posted:

I want to do a cars-only run, but with a submachine gun as backup.

You do you but that's not "cars only" by definition. Part of the fun is how stupid it gets trying to run people down in small areas when they're armed and you're not.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

WhatEvil posted:

When we've done cars only, we've gone to crates to find people to kill, and if we can taken the crate contents and then ditched them out the window in a field somewhere so people won't find them.

Rules of our "cars only" runs are as follows:

You are allowed to pick up meds, armor, backpack, fuel, but no guns except for pistols - you can use pistols to kill people in a pinch but it's discouraged, they're mainly for taking out car/bike tyres when you're switching vehicles or just to deny them so you can get more road kills.

Smokes and stun grenades are allowed but we haven't really used any yet. Regular grenades are to be used for emergencies only.

You are allowed to pick up guns and other good items so long as you ditch them out the window. Same goes for crate contents. Crates are good to go for though because people leave themselves vulnerable when going for crates.

Also if you're the last one alive out of your squad, you have to stay in your current vehicle until you die or run out of fuel, unless you're in the last ~15 people then you're allowed to do what you like.

We follow these exact rules. Initially we didn't even allow for armor and meds but we've changed that.

We have however started putting the crate weapons into the gently caress boy shacks for a nice surprise.

The only additional rule we have: if you're downed and there's little to no chance of rescue, one of us will run you over to deny the enemy the kill.

We, of course, call that "witnessing".

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

uniball posted:

if things go wrong early-game in Cars Only, getting into an enemy vehicle and blowing a frag is the most honorable action

You rang?
(turn your volume downish - one of our dudes likes to loudly taunt the locals)

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Flaggy posted:

I participate with WhatEvil on these and I can say that it is 1000% more fun than playing the actual game. Works better in Erangal than the Miramar.

Yeah we back out of Miramar because the terrain is garbage for it.

Star Man posted:

I dunno. A car full of people with Thompsons doing drive-bys is pretty loving gangster.

You do you man but that's just basically normal pubg to me.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

This is the video I threw together of our weekend. It doesn't include the end of the winning round because the dude died to the blue and it was boring, but nonetheless. This was the weekend that put me at #2 for the world for like a minute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS7mbaWd3lU

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Arkangelus posted:

Do you guys have favorite places to drop for multiple vehicles? In my experience Lipovka is pretty good but then you're all the way on the east side of the map.

Invariably we go for the road south center of Erangel. Between Mylta and the intersection south of Pochinki.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

And here's our "loudly taunts the locals" guy with an example of amazing bikework

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Noice. Yeah we usually honk our horns as we surround a building or drive through a populated area.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

multijoe posted:

Sounds like a good way to get the prissy playerbase to mass log out any time the map comes up

e: FREE FOG MAP

I want fog maps back too

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Doorknob Slobber posted:

this blinking poo poo on the minimap is stupid

They already said it's a bug and they're fixing it

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

khysanth posted:

is this where i complain about the game but then keep playing it anyway because reasons

It is! Welcome, friend. Don't worry, someone will be along soon with your "REGION LOCK CHINA" starter pack.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

NtotheTC posted:

Who's account is this?

Not sure if this is sarcasm or not but if not, it's his account

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

uniball posted:

speaking of Cars Only...i'm burned out on editing actual videos but here are some of our clips from the last couple weeks

staircars futbol
new technology to send enemy jeeps to hell
style points pt 1
style points pt 2
plop
the RT experience
iggy the machine
iggy the machine 2
synchronized strike
repo man
a solution to car wrasslin
an alternate solution to car wrasslin (unsanctioned)

some of our squad and some other people from this thread were at the top of the Road Kills leaderboard for season 2. keep on carsing

Yeah our squad was right there with you. My squad rank dropped because I didn't play for a week, but my duo roadkills per game was #1 in the world which was pretty cool.

This season everyone seems to be back to normal play though and it makes me sad.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

New Zealand can eat me posted:

Let me first just say that I love the goddamn Micro Uzi, and the only time I lose a battle with it, it's because I ran out of 9 mil. I'm of the opinion that it actually needs to be nerfed somewhat. I've been wanting to dig through the numbers and see why this is the case, here is the homework I did:

I can't actually figure out how long the standard "ADS Time" is, or which weapon stat determines this (it's also hard to effectively google for). That said, the red dot and holo reduce this by 20%, and the 2x by 10%. I'm assuming this is good for at least 10ms, but it's a one time advantage that the Uzi doesn't have.

Micro Uzi has 0.007s less between shots (0.048 vs 0.055) and the initial bullet speed is 50 points higher, at 350 vs just 300. That's 28ms of travel time at 10m, vs 33ms. This 12ms total "time advantage" is much stronger than just 8 points of extra base damage and the potential for faster ADS. I think that, given the lower tick rate and the way anti-trade in this game works, these two statistics are the reason it's almost unstoppable indoors so long as you're on target.

Vector has 0.48 base ADS deviation vs just 0.2 on Uzi. The recoil gain is also doubled (0.33 vs 0.15), and the Vector's max limit is 10, vs just 7. The Vector's move velocity reference is 50-220 vs 150-400, with a max move modifier limit of 2.5 vs just 2. This means that even walking negatively impacts the Vector's recoil, and you're extremely unlikely to get away with running/falling/jumping spraydowns as it hits the maximum nearly twice as fast. Counterstrafing (it's the A/D wiggling in the doorway) with the Vector is important to put a cap on your speed. Getting away with walking ADS pushes like this one are far less likely to work out in your favor using the Vector.

The Micro Uzi's pattern scale is massive, up at 1.10, vs just 0.6 for the Vector. The Vector has max left/right recoil of 0.5, vs just 0.3 on the Uzi. This combined with the horizontal recoil speed (more dramatic kick) of 18, vs 12 for the Uzi, and the tighter, more rifle-like DOF (20/40/1.4 vs 30/60/1.5) means that the Vector is going to kick off target much faster, farther, and less gradually than the Uzi's gentle "walk".

The overall DPS of the Vector is higher, yes, but the number of shots to kill at any armor level isn't especially relevant. The smaller magazine sizes combined with the tighter, more dramatic recoil pattern, and the lower threshold/higher movement penalty mean that the Vector just isn't suited for those "run into a house and murder everyone" situations that the Uzi does so well. The 10/12/22 additional shots are so important indoors, especially in this pre-penetration world where we are constantly cockblocked by stairway bannisters, window bars, and the back of our teammates heads :V

As far as attachments go:

The Suppressor is only good for -5% ADS Deviation. IMO this is largely cosmetic to give you that "suppressed weapon feel". It's almost always better to have a Flash Hider on the Vector instead. It does sound really cool, though

The Tactical Stock is important to unlock the midrange potential of the Vector, it isn't the -20% Recoil Pattern or -10% Animation Kick, but the +15% Recoil Recovery that you want. This additional recovery enables you to do more rapid 3-5 shot bursts, it is the only way you will get through all 5-8 bursts in an extendo without experiencing horizontal kick. It also reduces ADS sway by 10%, making it slightly easier to engage >25m.

The Uzi Stock is good for -20% Vertical, -20% Recoil Pattern, and 15% Recoil Recovery. It essentially doubles the effective range of the Uzi from 7-15m to 30m. You won't get away with things like the 3rd knock in this clip without it

The Flash Hider is good for -10% Vertical/Horizontal Recoil and -10% Recoil Pattern. The Compensator is good for -20% Horizontal(!), -25% Vertical, and -25% Recoil Pattern.

So what is the Vector for? I personally think it's best suited for rapid 3-5 round bursts in 25m-125m engagements. Shroud's situational use of it in this past Starladder event is a great example to reference. Rate of fire is unusually important in winning out Anti-trade situations. Getting more shots on target faster is ultimately more valuable than fewer, higher damage shots. Think of it as a Diet Groza!

I've found that with the Micro Uzi, it's crucial to lean and plant the sights in the corner of the window/doorway so that the vertical recoil carries the spray diagonally across the width, and hopefully over their face/body.

TL;DR: Micro Uzi Is Probably The Best Gun In The Game

Have a bunch of Uzi clips
https://clips.twitch.tv/CorrectAgitatedStinkbugRiPepperonis
https://clips.twitch.tv/AgileTemperedEggplantWutFace
https://clips.twitch.tv/VenomousHealthyLardKreygasm
https://clips.twitch.tv/BusyFitTofuGingerPower
https://clips.twitch.tv/HonorableRelievedTaroKevinTurtle
https://clips.twitch.tv/SucculentCleanCookiePicoMause
https://clips.twitch.tv/HilariousIntelligentParrotKreygasm

I think you've got a touch of the 'tism, friend.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

WhatEvil posted:

Miramar looks really good in a lot of places, and some areas of the map can be good to play in certain situations, I'll give it that. I like when the game ends in the area south and east of Los Leones. Overall though I prefer that Erangel is a bit faster-paced, easier to move around and gives you an easier time looting up.

Looting in Miramar is rear end, and the mid-game is typically a slog of driving over lovely terrain. Fights in general seem to be a case of who has the better terrain. Not in all cases, but way more so than on Erangel. Also all of the Miramar vehicles handle like total balls.

And they're about to gently caress up the sole advantage of the mystery machine: it's an armored tank. Adding vehicle bullet penetration will gently caress up the only thing that has going for it.

Unless I'm reading that whole thing wrong, which is possible.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Accretionist posted:

Cars-Only in FPP is, uh...

Cars-Only is TPP-Only.

TPP 4 Lyfe

Are you kidding? In FPP they can't ever see you coming, and if they see one, they definitely won't see the others.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Zipperelli. posted:

Normal amount of points

I dunno, the 1vsquad I won I got a full squads worth of points. But that was pre 1.0 so who knows.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

wolrah posted:

I don't think I've seen these posted, seems like the hackers have some fun new toys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TisaUVZ1c94

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrBkYCy7yGo

Well then.

Time to hit the ol' dusty trail

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

There's a hacker in the #1 roadkills spot now.

How do I know he's hacking?

First, his name literally tells you to search for a hack.

Second, he has 601 roadkills in 39 games.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Flaggy posted:

I haven't seen that many cheaters recently which is nice. A few questionable shots/kills but no blatant cheating.

Somehow my game defaulted to Asia servers in solo yesterday and I got insta-punched to death from across the map 30 seconds after the initial drop. Had one of those weibo links for a name.

I haven't played Asia servers in months, not sure why it did that.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Alan BStard posted:

If you are a fan of people doing stupid poo poo in PUBG with some decent video editing, you will probably enjoy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eTci7P8X5g

It's no Benjoi but it's funny

https://youtu.be/c5QWYCy0WU0

Riot Carol Danvers fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Mar 12, 2018

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

My character had the "died in a car so the body is in the driving position" thing last night too

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Three squad fpp chicken dinners in a row. FeelsGoodMan

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

multijoe posted:

I don't think Miramar's terrain is an issue for the most part, it's just that finding a vehicle is way too unreliable and the vehicles unique to the map are loathsome pieces of poo poo drastically inferior to their Erangel counterparts

If they just made a garage for Miramar and placed them liberally across the map's extremities it would already be a massive improvement, and if they made the Canyonero not a piece of poo poo even better

There's also the issue with invisible terrain stopping bullets

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

credburn posted:

But in replays, if it has nothing to do with squad tactics or anything, then it just sounds like a bunch of guys with varying levels of awful microphone sound balancing laughing and burping.

It's cool if you dont like it but understand you're in the minority. And a lot of times people post videos of their squads and they don't have the capability to record audio separately because they used ShadowPlay or Windows Game bar.

Accept that it's the way things are now and just live your life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Hockles posted:

Choco swore yesterday.

Time for Hockles' rise to the top!

I think it's funny that people lost their minds over choco saying "poo poo." he drops the GD bomb on the regular and back when he only had a few subs I remember hearing him say "gently caress" a few times too.