Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Well this one made me shoot ice cream out my nose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Deviant posted:

I'd also like to express my fondness for that particular dank.

Pfftt, you never appreciated a dank meme before in your life

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Nine out of ten goons agree: zagrev ivnem zlotik diev

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

good gravy

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

how do we keep turning up this kind of gold

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

the skin on a caucasian person's scalp is usually lighter than the skin on the rest of their body because it is covered by hair and thus doesn't tan

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

AbsurdHeroine posted:

I've no idea what children's book these are clearly referencing but I am so here for both.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Men

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

good gravy

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

SirPablo posted:

New episodes should just be drawn out memes of old episodes.

you realize that eventually they are going to make a clip show episode full of simpsons memes, right

the centerpiece will be a dour, humorless rehash of steamed hams

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Buttstronaut posted:

I spent far, far too long on this, it came to me in a stupid vision

has sound, fyi

https://giant.gfycat.com/RightEvergreenAmurratsnake.webm

(oh no how do I embed)

was expecting big butt skinner, this is good too

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

evilmiera posted:

Edit: Also in my completely scientific opinion the plant looks hella-old at the start of the show.

In "I Married Marge," we learn that Homer got his job at the plant when Marge was pregnant with Bart because he wasn't making enough money at the mini-golf place to support a baby.

In "Homer's Enemy," Lenny says that Homer "just showed up on the day the plant opened." I think in the other episode, Marge also refers to it as "that new nuclear power plant" or something.

From this we can deduce that the plant is perpetually about 10 years old.

DrBouvenstein posted:

I keep a note in my phone for Shitpost Ideas... I've made a few of the ones listed, feel free to steal my ideas if you want and can figure out what they mean:

i laughed at these

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

there it is

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

What is with black Smithers

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Sockser posted:

If it makes you feel better, Lisa becomes a lesbian in that episode

she's been a lesbian before, too, in some episode where you see 20 years of flash-forward christmas card photos

but she's also been married to that british guy and milhouse and ralph at various times so who knows which future is canonical

once again, i think that they should make one final season where the characters age by a year every episode -- or maybe a year at first, then three or five years later in the season. see the kids grow up, the adults die off, the kids have children of their own, and continue until every character who's currently on the show has died, and cancel the whole drat series.

i'd actually pay fox to see that season on whatever garbage fox-only streaming service they're coming up with.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

unbelievable

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

how is this dankmus video not the first one posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3vWkqfX9fY

it's like the scene was written for him

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Jables88 posted:

Requesting Barney having a rough night having slept on Moe giving one of these.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

e.pilot posted:

Lee Carvallos Power Drive

Got it in one

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

good gravy!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

lol if you didn't play golden guns only as a pseudo-instagib match

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

RZA Encryption posted:

Someone do this, but good.

i think yours is perfectly cromulent as is

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

:dadjoke:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

skooma512 posted:

What house is that?

:grovertoot:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i feel like "inanimate carbon klobb" was right there

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

"Annoyed grunt" is funnier than "won't" in that situation because it's the same general joke as "oh, they got me with their legal mumbo-jumbo!" He's not smart enough to handle more than a single back and forth.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

Besides don’t we, like, have access to scripts and subtitles to settle all of this without any argument?

Is it possible that I simply misheard the line?

No. It's the scriptwriters who are wrong.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

This but sephiroth has the t-shirt cannon

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

just say the line out loud ffs

if you don't know the line that happens in that scene then get out of the thread

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Pope Guilty posted:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh that's outstanding.

Thanks! For making this meme.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Lifespan posted:

It's an automatic 4x4. H is high and L is low.

The joke in the episode is much more clever than this anyway because the cyrillic н produces a latin N sound and is the initialism for нейтральный -- neutral. Crazy Vaclav is telling Homer to put it in neutral for the push-start, but helpfully recognizes that as an American he's going to interpret the character as an H.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Drink-Mix Man posted:

Step one: put it in H

Real answer: if it's a manual transmission, you put it in 1st gear and pop the clutch once you get some momentum.

So... actually, I'm not sure how putting it in нейтральный matches up here.

Presumably Crazy Vaclav wants Homer to put it in neutral while being pushed, then once up to speed he'll put it in gear and let out the clutch to start the engine. That's how you push-start a motorcycle engine, for instance, because the wet clutch drags somewhat even when it's disengaged, so the vehicle rolls more smoothly in neutral. It's certainly plausible to me that the strange tiny eastern european car uses a motorcycle engine and Vaclav is well aware of these distinctions.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

they need to cancel it before any of the main cast dies because otherwise they're going to be stuck trying to draw that line between writing the character out/recasting the voice/cancelling the show and it's just going to be excruciating

like who is more important to the show's "legacy" or whatever? julie kavner, who is a main cast member but only does a couple of voices, or harry shearer, who does half the show but none of the simpson family?

just kill it. kill it kill it kill it

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

I can definitely get behind The Simpsons season 63 being just Yeardley Smith as every voice.

the way the show's been going it'll be julie kavner and the show will just sound like a horde of zombies with bronchitis

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX6iZKWO0Ug

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

AstroWhale posted:

Please don't discuss this.

the equation is deliberately written ambiguously and either answer is correct.

:geno:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Well maybe Astrowhale shouldn't have posted it then

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Good gravy!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

HappyCapybaraFamily posted:

good lord, what is happening in there

mrs. and mr. simpson were in the bedroom making babies and I saw one of the babies and the baby looked at me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

you can make brown gravy out of mushrooms