Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Johnny Joestar posted:

someone get hbomberguy to team up with gdq because he's already made over $100k just from suffering through donkey kong 64

The whole idea to do a DK64 charity stream came from a video he did that was basically 40 minutes of gushing about how good and cool speedrunning is, so I bet he'd be on board if GDQ wanted to do something with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

https://twitter.com/bombsfall/status/1108438482861477890

they finally found him, they finally found the fucker who's been sending all those greetings

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

that thing where you can generate obscenely powerful monsters by pointing a TV remote at the memory card

Okay I need to read more about this. Is the basic idea that you use the infrared on the PocketStation to "trade" with a universal remote programmed to deliver whatever data payload corresponds to the cards you want?

Sit on my Jace fucked around with this message at 05:04 on May 12, 2019

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

I haven't heard of it in the speedrunning sense, only the toxic relationship/cult sense. I assume in this case it's "a bunch of racists show up to a tiny/lonely streamer and say "hey you're a great dude, we all love you, you're the best, by the way have you heard about how our great white nation is in danger from the muslim hordes""

you see it a lot with various religions/cults/multi level marketing schemes, going after streamers is the only thing that's actually new about it, with the added fun of even if the streamer recognizes the problem, they feel like they can't cut it out without a majority of their viewers (aka their livelihood) abandoning them, so they just keep driving away the viewers that don't take that poo poo and dig their own holes deeper

It happens a lot with internet personalities when they take heat for saying or doing something lovely. A bunch of people swoop in to say, "Wow it's terrible what the SJWs are doing to you, you did nothing wrong and shouldn't have to apologize to the mob, now let me tell you about how (((they))) want to take away your free speech...."

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

https://twitter.com/SecksWrecks/status/1148629705865781249

Good luck to him if this is met, somehow, through some combination of people deciding they want to see it.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Pharohman777 posted:

YouTube put Ezscapes video back up, so thats good news.

In other news...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n93kB70id6w

http://tasvideos.org/6466S.html

.78 second TAS of smb3.

:stonk:

What I want to know is, is it even possible to console verify this with the tools currently available?

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Oxyclean posted:

I didn't realize GDQ was being kinda lovely/lax on the vetting because any time I look in GDQ related threads on r/games, there's always people complaining about they way GDQ has gotten more PC/inclusive. (Obviously either complaining about it in a roundabout way, or using less pleasant phrasing.) It's like clockwork, and it's always the same stuff.

What I'm saying is GDQ doesn't seem like it has much to lose by going all-in on banning lovely people because the people who'd be mad about it have already wrote off/are perpetually mad about GDQ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOqb_UzJSUQ

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

bare bottom pancakes posted:

Very ambitious to go for a 40 second speedrun this soon after release, but I believe in you

Hey, if it's really a spiritual successor to Fallout 1/2,

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

D. Ebdrup posted:

In a galaxy a long long time ago, I used to speedrun Quake - but then I got way more into tricking, so I never really got good enough to compete for the top.

There's got to be a better name for that.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Kikas posted:

Uh wow, a Virtual Boy game and a VR speedrun of HL:Alyx?
What a schedule https://gamesdonequick.com/schedule

There's a Pump It Up arcade cabinet showcase on there too, it's nice that the online format is letting some stuff make it in that would cause logistical headaches at a live event.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Johnny Joestar posted:

i keep getting my acronyms mixed up, is esa the one naeglaria is involved with that basically built itself on being 'we're like gdq except we let you be a chud'

That's NASA, ESA is European Speedrunner Assembly.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Chuchu died for your sins frames

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

DACK FAYDEN posted:

shoutouts to the Reverse Right Side Skip or whatever it is that's literally just doing the right side thing, but on the left side of the screen

The Reverse Right Side Clip! From Future Cop: LAPD, if I recall correctly.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Studio posted:

I don't think they record speedrun panels since a lot of them use emulation (as do a bunch of gameshow panels)

I'm sure there's reasons behind it but "we'll allow them but we won't record them" is a really funny place to draw the line.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

He did it, he saved the animals.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Incredible level of extra style points to produce an original song to go with one's own milestone speedrun record.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

If they had actually managed to create a TAS for a WiiU game that ran properly, at a time when there were no dedicated TASing tools available yet for that console, there's no way they would've kept quiet about it.