Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
Ryan Reynolds was in the Odyssey iirc. Also the female lead died more than a decade ago, drug overdose I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of
yeah the trend for very upper-middle money is to buy garbage houses that are done up nice, live in them for 15 yeas and then sell them for their naturally inflated price before their shoddy construction starts to be apparent.

no point repurposing them, we just need the land back.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of

pokeyman posted:

sorry about your stay in lethbridge. the good poutine place burned down

they also didn't pay their staff and I'm like 80 percent sure they burned it down on purpose, but it's tough to prove because that building and kitchen is just littered with fire hazards by it's very architecture

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of
after your lease is up you turn over your keys, and if you've been unjustly treated (as most renters are) you can establish your alibi and then break back in and absolutely demolish your old home. this could potentially ruin a small landlord, so if enough people do it the very threat may keep them in line one day.

you could still do it to the corpos, but they're way more likely to have security/witnesses/insurance and coffers to cover the damage.

wait, someone else said they're less likely to have lawyers who can bulldoze you in housing court if you bring them there for their negligence? yeah, that's a way better reason.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of

Fashionable Jorts posted:

First house: low property tax. Second house: x5 the rate. Third house: x50, etc. Owning an apartment complex counts as owning however many dozens of houses.

Also a 100% tax on all income or assets gained in a year over $500,000.

you don't want to penalize apartment complexes too hard or else we're going to continue getting forever stretches of suburbs for realestate development, exclusively.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of
I mean, be somewhere else with cameras and witnesses and get someone else to do it.

I don't live in BC but I'd happily destroy a landlord's property for 50 bucks, it cant be that hard to hire out crime.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of
'enactng' a new 'ant'-corruption law to clean up the mess in 'Otawa'

I don't usually care about typos but jfc that's all in one sentence.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of
I'd seriously consider propping up a conservative minority in Jagmeet's position. The optics aren't great, but this is the second election the NDP's run into where they were completely unprepared and it might be better if they can navigate into a position where they have a finger on the trigger instead of an election every two years draining their coffers.

I mean it would be a real bad look, especially when all these NDP candidates are outing themselves are garbage, but strategically there's some merit, especially if it might lead to the Liberals replacing Trudeau with the reichsminister.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of
Opposing gun control in the name of fighting the police/their fascist collaborators is very silly. They won't kill you any softer or put you any less in jail because you fought back with legally owned weapons.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of
aww, they got tackled and elbowed? poo poo last time I made it it to the club I also got tackled and elbowed (and more) and that was just part of the fun, if that's too hot for a cop maybe they should be bagging my groceries instead.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of
I've been assaulted and had friends assaulted with way more certain danger and detail than that Victoria cop and nobody pulled the boats out over it.

police need less funding and resources because they only use what they have to protect themselves first and private property second.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of
a lot of complaining about foreign interference from the party that uses their MP's to shill for American corporate interests every other week

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of
municipal politics in many places are absolutely contended by entrenched powers, it's just that they aren't political parties or candidates - but police forces, realtor associations, real estate developers, and 'small business' advocates.

running for mayor on a platform of sustainable health care for addicts, raising property taxes on real estate prospectors, and reviewing/re-orienting police will absolutely make for a good candidate, but they'll have their image assassinated by local powerbrokers in every corner.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of
they recently repaired the bridge near monarch so you can come and go from both sides of the valley instead of taking some quite frankly ridiculous detours, so I can only assume things are looking up!

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of

Futanari Damacy posted:

Always remember streets = north/south, avenues = east west

This isnt universal, tragically

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of
if PMJT started boxing cryptofascists regularly, i would completely shift my political allegiance.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of
dehumanizing people for being on the other side of an ideological conflict is definitely almost always just a way to keep yourself from getting traumatized when that conflict gets actually violent.

so like, if you find yourself acting violently in response to fascists, (and you might??? forcing you into that situation is literally the endgame for them) do what you gotta do to stay sane, but why the hell would you tell the internet about it?

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of
In a practical sense you'd want police to be using HP ammo because it doesn't rip through their targets and the walls they hit and mow down people just for being nearby, and the grievous wounds they cause are rather more manageable when EMS is already on the radio looking for the location.

of course, this is moot when police thoughtlessly magdump in the general vicinity of anyone who looks at them funny and don't bother calling EMS for their murder victims.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of

Duck Rodgers posted:

Anti-capitalism is more important than pro nuclear for an environmental party.

You're not incorrect but nuclear as an energy source absolutely requires government ownership and regulation, so establishing it also takes away one lever of power and gives it to to the public.

Cheap electricity might increase usage but it also opens the door for future regulatory change - if we cut a manufacturers energy bill in half it's a lot to easier to make them swallow steep penalties about waste.

Those kind of incremental victories are basically all a political party could hope.for. Capitalism will only disappear overnight with a revolution, and if it comes to that it'd be way outside the purview of the Green Party of Canada lmao

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of
yeah i won't shed any tears for Freeland but even if she was a good person this would have happened to her and that's not great.

well, no it wouldn't because if she were a good person she wouldn't be a Liberal party politician nor would she have ever been allowed to have any power but

i guess what i'm saying is i'd approve if that dude was antifa and had a sick mohawk or something

Rockstar Massacre has issued a correction as of 16:46 on Aug 29, 2022

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of
it's moot, as a pedestrian I'm not stepping in front of a running car unless I absolutely have to cross right then and there. for the same reason i dont gently caress around in front of heavy machinery at work, except that drivers are less trained, less accountable, less qualified than HM operators and i don't even have the luxury of knowing them personally.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of
I like guns fine but the revolution won't come at the end of our legally procured and registered weapons, if you're gonna fight the police you need stolen or smuggled weapons.

that you legally owned your guns isn't gonna get you a longer rope after your treason trial

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of
you know when you lay out 'captured by Pollievre' and 'killed by Pinochet' right next to each other, i do strongly prefer the latter

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of

Arivia posted:

for reference this is Rutibex who has already been threadbanned from lots of places and is working on being threadbanned for more for incredibly stupid bad posting. he believes that ai art generators are actual intelligences who can create meaning. don’t engage with him, he’s loving useless.

that was a good post you quoted tho

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of
Sometimes I tell people that Justin Trudeau is the best prime minister in my lifetime and *technically* I'm telling the truth, but I also forget to compare him to Paul Martin

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of

what's wrong with your algorithm or your browsing habits that you even saw this?

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of
if I remember right kapuskasing was an internment camp, favored for keeping political prisoners because everything around it is miserable and inhospitable.

pretty sure it's just a retirement community now.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of
my brain associates drinking with finally having fun rather than grinding away my life in exchange for the permission to exist, so first thing in the morning i trick it into not resenting the future for coming.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of
jesus goddamn christ lmao

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of
Harper has infinitely more awful deeds to his legacy, but as with all conservatives he did his awful things with either direct Liberal support and approval, or implicit support stemming from Liberal indifference, non-resistance and their unwillingness to scale back the reactionary political project.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of
DUNC was good enough and actually was able to put out its story coherently, which is more than can be said for Dune, but Dune was actually consistently entertaining and is the original story really so good it needed to be told accurately?

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of
i wont step in front of a running car i.e at an intersection or crosswalk unless i'm somewhere consistently too busy to jaywalk or whatever

i'm a commercial driver so i'll keep it charitable - even the most considerate person behind the wheel is operating heavy machinery that they're undertrained for, frequently trying to assess traffic from multiple directions as well as pedestrians who are way smaller and harder to notice, and they do so in a system engineered not for the safety of other drivers or the squishy meatbags between them but for the maximum profitability of auto manufacturers and real estate developers.

i wouldn't risk my bodily health in a controlled setting with a limited number of qualified operators, definitely not doing it in public, vs. everyone, hoping that 'right of way' or whatever protects me

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of
don't tell that dork that one of the tools the real estate sector is using to keep house prices climbing is deliberately working against the development of housing alternatives to single family and lazy condos

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of
i remember thinking the CanPol dogpile on Helsing for being exactly correct was insane, and i even kept a lot of those links for reference later, but i forgot he called the Ukraine War blow-for-blow a half-decade in advance. goddamn

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of
i'll forget i'm reading the D&D thread, back out, click the Ukraine thread and wonder why everyone is suddenly clueless about reality

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of

Frosted Flake posted:

I've noticed more of an aggressive meathead energy on cops walking beats even in quaint tourist filled areas. Is this just a change in recruiting lately?

you might remember about a bit of a kerfuffle that happened during COVID that gave most of the civilized world a chance to referendum the role of police in society, that lead to huge portions of normal people to fall somewhere on the ACAB spectrum

in response, police and their supporters have really doubled down on the 'us vs them', 'thin blue line', 'we are the sheepdog' philosophy that gives them a pass to be shitheads. i'm willing to bet this has affected recruiting.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of

vyelkin posted:

canada is bad

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of
I couldn't possibly afford to drink so expensive against the 10 ounces or so I need to get a buzz going

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of

StealthArcher posted:

I got a 5$ Tim's card because every shipping company all played shutdown chicken all refusing to do it first even as case totals led to days where my dock of 68 was down to 15 people, but yeehaw number went up.

the local coke bottling plant donated an entire pallet of the coke brand energy drink to our depot and they weren't even a client, you got robbed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of

Virtual Russian posted:

not even the best city in Alberta...

tbh it's a mark against Alberta that it's not the worst city there rather than a point in favor of Calgary