Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Hey! I'm middle class!

I really appreciate a party finally paying attention to my needs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Yinlock posted:

does the d&d thread still have that one guy who's perpetually furious and posts non-stop, because that guy sucks

I think that is everyone in that thread.

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Imagine I empty quoted most of the last page.

Can we call that Canadaposting?

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I mean if you want, I am not married to the idea.

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Risky Bisquick posted:

I think shes a drywaller

no kinkshaming

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Have we decided what symbol we will require the Torontonians to stitch onto their jackets?

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Presence posted:

no jackets, they'll have to wear these

I fear we will end up with some misidentified Hamiltonians, but I'm ok with that.

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
My identity!

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
If you cannot walk across the street and spend 5 minutes voting I am pretty OK with you not.

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

infernal machines posted:

I'm assuming this extends to whatever percentage of Canadians live in suburban and rural areas.

A rural 5 minutes sure.

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Build the Wall...

around Alberta!

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Trudeau continuing Harpers bizarre crusader against Iran is the most baffling part of this Liberal government. Have the American's quietly threatened us with war if we restore relations with them?

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

infernal machines posted:

That hypothetical person deserves a high five and a pint.

Agreed, though first rule of crime club is “Don’t post about crimes.”

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Yinlock posted:

didn't they vote in the ndp in the first place because alberta was such an unlivable shithole after decades of conservative grifting

yeah, but it is still an unlivable shithole where people suggest taxes to fix it

you can see their dilemma

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
How exactly did Doug Ford manage to convince people, that have a theoretical knowledge of capitalism, that $1 beer was something he could deliver?

It was “efficiencies” wasn’t it?

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I am also glad my country isn’t being trolled on twitter by a more capable absolute monarchy. Could you even imagine?

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Visiting Toronto this week.

No buck a beer, this is horseshit.

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Reince Penis posted:

You should march right up to Queens Park and Conplain!!!

DUG!!!

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Trudeau getting no thanks for trying to build the pipeline from Alberta. Weird.

How long until there are open calls to form an Alberta military to invade BC? (I ask assuming there is probably already open calls to invade BC.)

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I wasn’t really paying attention to the Ontario provincial election, but I am confident that the PCs won because more people in Ontario voted for them than one of the other parties. I know that is uncomfortable to hear if you are a resident of Ontario. Sorry.

Enjoy getting not withstanding claused for the next 15 years.

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Gonna own when BC uses it to super kill Trans-Mountain.

Thanks Mr. Ford for showing the Charter can just be tossed for any silly reason.

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Yinlock posted:

this isn't the first time it's been tried, but previous attempts got shut down due to either public pressure or the supreme court being like "uh no"

of course trudeau could stop it but yknow :effort:

Pretty sure 20 Toronto city council people is a bigger GDP hit than the pipeline is, so we will see if he stands up for Canadian jobs.

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
No one lives in a house in Vancouver, who the hell are these people upset about that tax?

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Slotducks posted:

https://twitter.com/Mikeggibbs/status/1058369442382397440

I just don't understand how that got through the spitballing stage.

Didn't Doug Ford run an actual sign business with his brother before he started his march to the PM office? Yeesh!

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Dangerous far left dudes such as [anyone] post about radical ideas such as [any social program common outside Communist China or the USA].

Someone make the boomer/nazi meme generator for big profits.

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

EvidenceBasedQuack posted:

All this time I thought you guys joking about truck equity was just hyperbole to mock Albertans

Nah, a truck salesman used to post in the debt bubble thread and residents of Alberta are BWM.

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
He’s a neo-liberal to the core so is assuming that everyone in Alberta will rationally choose to do something else.

You know, market conditions and such.

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

THC posted:

I'm visiting Toronto for the first time this summer so if you're okay with waiting a while, I will have the final word on whether Toronto is good or not by the fourth week of June

At the risk of starting a beer-chat derail, when we were in TO last summer,we spent most of four days wandering from micro brew to micro brew and had a delightful time. Would recommend.

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I eagerly anticipate reading about Huawei's trust in the Canadian legal process over the next 6-36 months.

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Powershift posted:

Yeah, you're right, they're gonna try to get in between the only money coming into the province and the bullshit businesses it's propping up like mercedes dealers don't make campaign contributions.

I always assume the NDP are super concerned with the stability of the Liberal Party's campaign contribution machine.

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Maybe he will return.

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

The yoga pants guy being a total smoothbrain was something I would expect, just not in this particular way.

I am finding that I am unsurprised that our local yoga pants billionaire has posted serious thoughts about how his No War leads to human extinction thesis. Even the "feminized in bed" part of it, just slid off my brain.

Am I suffering from 2019 poisoning?

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ardent Communist posted:

It's not like Russia or China have ever had successful armed revolts. Once a country gets to a certain size, it has a way of shutting these things down.

Think about the thing people associated Russia and China with in the 20th century, and see if you can find a counter example.

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It is just marketing. There isn't a rule that you cannot send your defense somewhere to shoot at people.

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

incontinence 100 posted:

Joey shithead is a nimby.

huh?

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

LOL, ok.

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

cougar cub posted:

I wish the myth of “no one wants our oil” would stop because it’s total bullshit. the amount being sold is increasing:

https://www.neb-one.gc.ca/nrg/sttstc/crdlndptrlmprdct/stt/crdlsmmr/crdlsmmr-eng.html

Tough poo poo, I have to listen to how Trudeau "is against helping Alberta build pipelines" so you get to hear lies too.

Additionally the current pipeline is operating at 30% capacity so good thing they are doubling capacity, idiots.

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

jfood posted:

incredibly lovely take. collectively, we are diminished.

But I need to soccer ball on muddy fields occasionally and it is moderately more dangerous without cleats.

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Salean posted:

so is emay the closest we'll get to a corbyn

Lol, no she is our Boris.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
But also yes :smith: