Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

happyhippy posted:

In Fallout 4 there was a story about a 'Grenade Guy' who wandered the wastes making sounds with his mouth, as in motorbike sounds as he walked along and threw fake grenades to get away Bandits.
The bandits mention him if you sneak up close to hear them talk.

That settles it, now they need to make a Fallout movie while Michael Winslow is still alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Yea it's crazy to me too that someone would waste 6 months posting that much about a game they dont like trying to be funny

I don't think you understand what everyone is trying to tell you. This is NOT the Fallout 76 thread. It's the general Fallout franchise thread. So that 6 months had nothing to do with 76, it hadn't been announced yet. No-one knew it even existed. That 6 months and 10 pages of posts were spent discussing all the OTHER fallout games.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

Valtonen posted:

This is a thing I dont understand- why would a ghoul who has lived and suffered 200 years on post-apocalypse still be blood-red maoist, or even remember the prewar world? I mean people flak on bethesda all the time over having DC look like war was yesterday, But why would mr. Mao the ghoul give Any more flying fucks about per-war world anymore after 200 years of ”Need food for today and ammo to shoot those drat Molerats tomorrow”-existence? Normal people tend to change over a couple of decades If ordinary life, a century of wasteland should pretty much remake you into a new person.

Maybe he could have just come out of a secret chinese sleeper vault. Or been cryogenically frozen like the FO4 protagonist.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

Der Kyhe posted:

I personally did not care for it but some consider it one of the best Fallout DLCs.

It's kind of strange, at the time I wasn't too fond of it. But looking back I find it to easily be the most memorable DLC. Probably more memorable than the main quest.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

ErrEff posted:

I actually threw away my excess steel the other day (4K) because I'd rather not bother carrying it around and it was eating up space. Wish I'd knew it would have some use, but I can't sell it, so...

You can turn it into bulk steel as long as you've got some plastic. That can be sold.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

Um I hope you have some fun but the last I heard the update this week broke two quests, one for the old main storyline and one for the raider storyline that make both impossible to complete at the moment.

I'm glad I finished the main storyline a couple days before the patch dropped.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

I've been getting a strange glitch in the gamepass version of 76. People on my friends list appear as offline, when they're not. I can still click on them and join their instance but I can't invite them to a party unless we're face to face. Has anyone else been getting this? Anyone know of a fix?

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

I haven't spent any of my atoms yet and I've got 7610 saved up. That's just from all the free ones you can earn. I have been playing for a while though, I finished the last two scoreboards.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

khy posted:

So many of the players have been pretty cool to play with, which is unusual because pre-wastelanders all I remember is assholes everywhere.

There's very few assholes left. I almost never see anyone causing problems. I had someone killing players at a Radiation Rumble to tank the event last week, and it was very out of place. I couldn't tell you the last person I saw causing trouble before that. I've been playing since it came to gamepass and I think I've only seen three or four people actually PVPing.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

The Lone Badger posted:

Anyone have strong feeling on Carnivore vs Herbivore? There are a lot of different buffs to stack with meats, but otoh I can just plant tons of razorgrain and melons at my house and always have stuff ready.

I don't use either one, but I'm never short on meat. I've always got more than I know what to do with. I usually end up having to vendor it before it spoils.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

I was wondering if there were any + carry weight food for people with the herbivore mutation. I couldn't find too much online, but I was wondering if anyone here knew of anything.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I still haven't finished the Uplink daily op, I'm level 116.

Are you trying to do them solo? They're not that tough with a group. Even with just two people.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Yeah, and it's a kick in the balls because I always forget to grab my power armor before joining. It's not a priority, I'll get around to it eventually.

Pretty sure those are intended to be group content. Just join a public team. Its pretty painless. You don't even need to talk to anyone or organize. Everyone just joins up and gets to it.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

Mantis42 posted:

what's the purpose of the thread title specifying that this is for both fallout games in general AND for fallout 76? why not just call it the fallout thread?

Because a while back, there were some confused people in the thread thinking it was for 76 exclusively.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

My pitch for Fallout 76 would be this. "Did you finish Fallout 4? Do you wish there was a whole other map full of things to do? Here you go!" The online aspects are pretty painless and can be ignored, other players almost never attack you.The microtransactions are all skins, base construction items, or items you can get in-game in other ways. I've got 5500+ free Bethesda bucks just sitting unused in my account because there's nothing to spend them on. The game really is just more Fallout 4 with a few little ignorable things bolted on.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Frankly, I wouldn't play Fallout: Alabama. 76 is enough of Fallout: Deliverance.

Point lookout was set in Maryland, but it did have Deliverance style hillbilly ghouls. That's probably as close as we're gonna get. At least for the foreseeable future.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I always just like exploring but right now I'm using melee weapons since the early guns seem really pitiful without investing in perks that boost them.

Basically every weapon will need those perks eventually. You're expected to get them for every type of weapon, even melee.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

Ayone got any tips for grinding out score? Stack int as high as possible and do runs of WestTek? Don't think I'm gonna finish before March 1st.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

i flunked out posted:

by the end it was mostly just die hards.

I think it was mainly a few diehards picking off all the people hiding in bushes trying to get their dailies done.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

I should probably say what kind of build I'd want, a crafting build is obvious and always planned, but what i want for my main build is something that both deals good damage but also keeps me alive. I also want weapon flexibility, at some some long range sniping and up close automatic shooting.

I don't use power armor often, only when I think there will be high radiation (like fighting the scorch queen) , nor explosives nor mutations. West Virgina is for humans not muties!

Crafting perks are great. But you only need them when you're actually crafting. They're a waste of slots otherwise. Either use your 2nd build slot for that, or just swap them out as needed.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

Elendil004 posted:

I got the greenhouse set but how do I put plants down inside? I think I need the dirt foundation but can't find it anywhere. Google says Samuel at foundation but I don't see it there.

Maybe your faction level isn't high enough for the foundation?

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

Oops, double post.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

Chamale posted:

Next time I play this game, I'm doing an unarmed build. I spend too much time looking for ammo. I just did the final Steel Dawn quest and I had two guns in good condition break while mowing down the monotonous pile of enemies.

I usually play melee or unarmed until I build up a big stockpile of heavy ammo. Then I'll switch over to a gun and burn through it all.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

Wee Bairns posted:

Fast travel to interiors is such a small but game changing quality-of-life improvement.

drat, that's a thing now?. Guess I should have read the patch notes.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

Rinkles posted:

It’s mostly interface enhancements, though Bethesda has slowly addressed the worst of the pipboy issues themselves.

Yeah. It's all small stuff. The ones I use make harvestable plants glow, and replace the music on the radio stations.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

ZombieCrew posted:

The Fallout trailer is pretty awesome. Walter Goggins is a ghoul! Even if they gently caress everything up, ill watch as long as he is in there.

Is that out yet? Hasn't there just been that teaser of an old TV screen?

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

NofrikinfuN posted:

Yeah, I finally picked up the racetrack workshop after being scared off by the pvp warning. Maybe I will try some of the more difficult workshops later. Thanks.

I've been playing a long time and I've only ever been attacked at a workshop twice. The playerbase of 76 is unusually nice.

Roman posted:

Finally joined the Fallout 76 Bloodied crew. What's the best portable way to get radded up if needed? I've been using a toxic waste barrel in my CAMP.

I usually use spoiled food. It gives 15 rads per. And I naturally end up with loads of it anyways.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

Flesh Forge posted:

much easier if you just make a public ops team and do it with other random people, especially if you're new to them.

Yeah. Ops are a nightmare by yourself. Never do them alone. Even if you can handle it solo. They're so boring.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

I'm not playing it currently. But I'll pick it back up for a while when the new scoreboard comes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

Chronojam posted:

V7M6YDXF44CWF7QXVJF93WPCZ

This should get you Fallout 76 on xbox, please quote it if you use it

Used. Thanks.