Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope
As a bored 7days addict, discovering this game was a mistake. It's everything I wanted 7days to be minus vehicles and zombies. After a weird run in on the public server, I decided to pay for a the private server for a month to get know the game myself. I made a two tile into a 9 tile "treehouse" or suspended house. I'm looking to expand this from a 3x3 into a 4x4 in the higher floors. Pretty sure this is structurally sound.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope
JFC, Free states items and raider bundle in the ATOM shop. This game knows how to extort cash from me.

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

Vinylshadow posted:

People could always not hoard items they're literally never gonna use

Look I need to put these guns for display in my CAMP for furnishing purposes. What sucks about the ATOM store is I see certain exclusive items buried in a bundle for example the nuka cola door is in that bundle and the metal bungaloo is in the paul bunyan bundle. Some notable items I wish I had access to now is the display shelf from November and the sink.

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope
If you're beginning to start a heavy gunner build, which is more beneficial first? Getting the plasma caster or the gauss gatling?

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope
I had a good day plan farming to fill out what i lack. Picked up a number of weapon plans as well as armor. There is a spawn site nearly SE of Sunrise field that spawns a weapon plan but usually is there like 20% of less of the time. This spawn is a also a random encounter spot so if you dont have any of the two side followers, you can get them here. I saw mine out there surprisingly despite having them. Speaking of random encounters, if you're non aggro with raiders, you can kill raiders REs without penalty. Why would you? There are some level 39+ raiders who carry a handmade, which is can be a somewhat reliable way to get them to break em down.

The plasma caster is meh, I guess I dont have a good roll or I dont have the perks/special for it yet.

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Soooooo

What's the endgame?

I recently reached 50 and I wonder what the endgame is? Dailies? CAMP? Waste bullets on the SBQ?

As someone who started up during the wasterlanders expansion and around level 100 now, the endgame changed from reaching 50 and seeing the world to basically learning from others on how to break the game to gather more resources to further break the game in crazy fun ways. Not talking about doing exploits, but doing special builds with certain legendary weapon combinations. Also living out home renovation dreams in a virtual world with CAMP building is pretty endgame because i dont know why one of these plans cost like 9K in caps..

Honestly, you dont need 1st but the benefit of a forward camp and separate infinite junk stash is too good. Private servers are rarely used unless you want to loot out a popular place on a map

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Forget the bullion stuff, my endgame is desperately trying to track down Grahm so I can buy the plan for lawn flamingos.
Wait until you finally see him and he doesnt have the plan you want in stock.

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

ZombieCrew posted:

Should i max out my reputation with both Founders and Crater before picking a side? Can i increase rep with the other faction after i pick which one i do the vault with?

Definitely dont wait. You need to finish the main vault quest to collect T notes. The longer you put off the main quest, the more you screw yourself out of getting your daily gold allowance for items. If you cant get rep items from settlers/raiders, you can still be saving and spending for SS items.

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

i flunked out posted:

They are very very fun

Very fun as in dying to fall damage/lag as a bloodied build a lot of the time. No regrets here.

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

VRViperII posted:

It was a daily objective. He bore you no malice.

Yeah it was like "Tuesday" to him but also being a lazy dick. He could have capped the workshops no one else goes to in the mire

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

Comrade Koba posted:

So you basically have to check your inventory and remember how much of each ammo type you have before accessing the machine.

You know when you sell or move more than 5 items at a time the game brings up a slider bar? Why couldn't someone just make a simpler conversation point formula per ammo type and not waste time with some convoluted lovely UI?

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Three jackasses destroyed a friends' base this morning. He fast travelled back to fix something and someone was picking the lock to the room he kept his lead miner in. Switched off Pacifist, killed that guy, 2 minutes later he returns with 2 friends and wrecks the base. All level 200+, my friend is in the 90s somewhere.

Fallout!

I told him that next time it happens he just needs to switch to his other base, but he's all mad at 76 right now anyhow.

Also if you friend keeps playing for a few months, he wont care about lead anyways. People just run Daily Ops to get ammo.

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I'm busy going through the Possum badge challenges - 'Kill 50 enemies with a railway rifle' - Well Ok.

/Tries basic rifle, is underwhelmed

Well what about if I mod it to be an automatic to go with my Commando cards?

Holy poo poo, I was expecting a chunk-a-chunk-a-chunk-a auto like the Gatling Gun, not the absolute flurry of spikes it puts out; a mag of 10 gone in no time flat. I picked up an 'Executioners' RR from a player for cheap and it didn't take long to rattle off those 50 kills. If you haven't tried an auto railway rifle, give it a go.

I hate players like you (jk) because when I loot corpses I also find lots of railroad spikes! :argh:

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

twistedmentat posted:

I've tried to use ammo converters in other camps and it just spins around.

Are you actually going to the terminal to use the converter or just clicking the spin tray. You have to interact with the terminal to the side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

Black Griffon posted:

Yeah never figured it out, so first floor it is. All guests receive a goodie bag of 50-80 rads straight to the marrow.

The problem was most likely that the vault tiles are just buggy. You want to build with the standard door and wall/floor tiles first and then replace them in after.