Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

as i posted earlier, we have nearly zero cab presence. it's over an hour wait, if they even show up.

live in a place cabs want to serve

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i guess i could always just go back to getting shitfaced and driving anyways :mmmhmm:

cheat on your wife next

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

mrmcd posted:

Meh.

It was starting to look like the specific trade secret claims were going to be hard to make stick, but at the same time, hugely embarrassing for Uber having a long drawn out case of them looking like assclowns, constantly having "mycrimes.txt ;) ;)" texts and emails entered into public record.

Also turns out Levandowski was a huge useless assclown and Uber's robot cars will be solidly in the Tesla poo poo-tier for years to come.

So... stalemate? Lawyers probably won big $$$ .

does this even loving matter to investor story time?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
when I logged in to my Facebook app on my phone it asked me if I thought Facebook was good for the world

what in the gently caress

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

well? did u say it was good??

I disagreed of course, faecebook is not a force for good in the world Zuck

fuckerberg probably just wants to see if he can still run for President

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

FrozenVent posted:

some jobs are unions, some aren’t

like say the guys working in the factory are unions. the receptionist might not be (non union worker); the plant manager definitely isn’t (management)

now you might also have the factory operators be part of one union, while the maintenance workers are part of another and facility maintenance is a third.

each of these unions might have multiple CBA, say one for the teapot extrudor operator and one for the teapot polishing guys

works fairly well in practice

receptionists and admin assistants at my workplace can be union

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

lancemantis posted:

i see a number of uber/lyft stickers on cars parked in my neighborhood at night, and I know these are the "lucky" ones that are probably living with their parents and driving to SF/wherever each day

I thought it was about “getting your hustle on”

:capitalism:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
they should just make it easier and cheaper to become a doctor too. pay should figure itself out as supply meets demand.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Shaggar posted:

also pharma reps and brokers.

so loving excited for amazon to eliminate every other retail pharmacy

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/985973678209994752

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
gamification, but with programming!

gamification, but with car navigation!

gamification, but with drugs!!

gamification, but with hookers!

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
wasn’t it a huge pain in the rear end just to get surgeons to do checklists properly

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

President Beep posted:

my wife was part of the team that implemented digital charting at the hospital she works at. the amount of bitching and feet-dragging performed by the doctors was loving shameful.

my mom, who works at a much smaller hospital an hour or so away, faced even more pushback.

lol, most doctors that did rounds inpatient where I worked as a transporter didn’t even follow proper c-dif or other infection protocol. and got mad at nurses when they pointed it out

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
i love it when motorcyclists cause a 2 hr backup during commute hours riding in the rain

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

syscall girl posted:

and everyone gives a fat gently caress about your commute (sorry that came out rude but not sorry)

i take Bart so I don’t really care unless it happens on the weekend :shrug:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Elder Postsman posted:

yeah. i'm still angry about the time a harley rider crashed into the back of my car and ran off into the woods leaving his bike laying in the road, and then woops the police never found out who he was, sorry guess i'm not getting my deductible reimbursed.

the biker must’ve been friends with the cops lmao

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
“I’m not pulling over this black guy because he’s black. it’s because all the other cops before me pulled him over because he’s suspicious. it’s not my fault statistically cops arrest more black guys for SOME REASON.”

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
lmao parks having guards

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
is it safer to motorcycle on roads or to bicycle on roads? :thunk:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
what kind of assholes get haughty about buffets

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
lmbo twitter owns the libs

and is owned by a Nazi

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/MattKellerABC7/status/998552423751860225?s=20

another case of fatal user error, surely

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
nice

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

lancemantis posted:

i never thought i would say it but im kind of annoyed that weed is "legal" in california now

like california was the place where smoking was pretty much dead but legal weed means its all come back around and people are smoking everywhere and its like being in the midwest again

only its weed smell instead of tobacco so yeahhhh

:kiddo:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
paying taxes is ok

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

lancemantis posted:

feels like there's a weird disconnect with smoking weed in peoples heads too; like I was hiking through saratoga gap a month or so ago and there was some cyclist taking a break and chatting on his phone in the rest stop/"viewing area" at the 9-35 intersection sneaking in pulls

that seems a little counterproductive man

maybe people like to enjoy their leisure activities instead of min/maxing efficiency

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

prisoner of waffles posted:

pls don't even mistake what I'm saying into "all jury nullifications are good"
there's the form of jury nullification where the jury interprets a criminal statute, appending ", except if they are a cop".

the form of jury nullification that people like to hold out as Morally Good is when a bunch of jurors agree that the law under which the accused is charged is bullshit, ergo no conviction even if the facts prove beyond a reasonable doubt

https://twitter.com/pgourevitch/status/1002036067082670080?s=21

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
what’s the point of seat belts even!

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/internetofshit/status/1003634781748453376

is this important somehow, u nerds?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

ate all the Oreos posted:

techbro coworkers were just talking about welfare and how they had to file for unemployment after their last job went under, and were shocked, shocked to find out that applying for and keeping unemployment is unimaginably hard.

conversation went on for a bit, started talking about how it's all specifically designed to gently caress you, how even if you get benefits they abruptly cut off the second you start making over a certain amount of money so you have an incentive not to succeed, most of them were in agreement that "poo poo's hosed" but one of them followed it up with "well maybe if people just took more personal responsibility and stopped relying on the government..." i reflexively responded with "dude i'm going to loving punch you in the face," he laughed and went "ok ok" and thought i was kidding. i was not kidding.

how can you simultaneously complain about how haaaaaard it is applying for unemployment for your fuckin' six figgie rear end and then turn around and say poor people just need to bootstraps harder, jesus christ what is wrong with some people aaagh

you know which poor people he’s talking about

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/willystaley/status/1003976905769537536

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
humb.le brag

FCKGW posted:

i went to a community college because im a loving broke idiot moron

hell yeah

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

ate all the Oreos posted:

well they're definitely coming fast and can't be stopped

an interesting way to sign your posts

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Roosevelt posted:

imagine spending time with mark zuckerberg for one entire evening

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

PCjr sidecar posted:

looking forward to Elon’s cave rescues startup, which will somehow get a billion from us gov

tie it together with the boring company

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

wtf

(crosspostin)

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

hobbesmaster posted:

speaking of corporate hellscapes

link? is this from a hiring website or what lol

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/firescotch/status/1037381186623033348?s=20

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
@jack just needs to go to billionaire island like bezos and musky to get pumped full of high grade HGH & steroid cocktails

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
i guess it’s pretty cool that elizabeth holmes will get madoffed because she ripped off henry kissinger and mad dog mattis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

muckswirler posted:

okok 18 months in country club prison, 3 years probation, 15 years no serving on public boards

sunny balwani, after failing the paper bag test, will be sent to guantanamo bay

weren’t a lot of the finance dudes that got prison time basically the brown dudes that went to the same boarding schools and did the same illegal poo poo as all their white finance bros, but got pinched for it with real sentences?