Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Zurui posted:

As someone who deals with these sorts of contracts regularly, adjusting it would simply involve removing all pronouns whatsoever from the contract, which is also standard loving practice because pronouns are ripe for misinterpretation once you get into litigation. A co-worker once spent four hours in arbitration arguing over two instances of "it."

Is your co-worker Bill Clinton?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

FMguru posted:

Dude is also a capital-L Libertarian (although somewhat understandably, given the poo poo the federal government tried to pull on him).

whats this now

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

My overaching question is who the hell is Adam Koebel?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

I thought the historical crusades were generally a failure and Europe got their rear end kicked in most of them?

Nissin Cup Nudist fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Jun 11, 2020

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

moths posted:

I didn't really notice it until the last four or five years, but I think Carl of Sargon or whatever the gently caress he calls himself popularized it with his calls to protect "western culture" from becoming anything more than fast food chains and white male protagonists in video games.

It also showed up when the classical statue avatars got big - so probably dawn of alt-right rebranding.

This is really close to Carl Sagan and I did a doubletake

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

I miss prestige and multicalssing

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Unfortunately, we are currently living in a period of time dilation

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Is there more than one Patrick Stewart or am I very unaware of something?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

As the least on-line online person why are Wendys and kickstarter bad now

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Paizo is not much better than WotC

I wouldnt be surprised if WotC threw in a "no making GBS threads on Mearls"/non-compete clause when the Exandria book got published

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Pay for Indie stuff, pirate D&D and GW

Nissin Cup Nudist fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Sep 27, 2020

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Venger As'Nas Satanis is not a real name

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

It's an incredibly Chinese business practice to not pay your employees. It's very common for employers, even state institutions and state run corporations, to not pay their employees for months at a time. That whole thing sounds like most small business projects, which had nothing to do with gaming or publishing, I heard about that got started in China.

Yes, the Chinese are the only people to not pay employees.

Really?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Tom Kirby was a collosal moron and I have no idea how he lasted 30 years

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

English is a dumb, nonsensical language and we are all worse off for speaking it

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

BinaryDoubts posted:

I actually know her and can confirm she's a woman.

gently caress Canadian libel law.

Ettin lost his libel case because he was under Australian law, right?

Commonwealth inferior, USA superior :911: :smuggo:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

4e was a decade ago, do the edition wars even exist anymore?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Impermanent posted:

4e dying at the hands of paizo and mearls is the largest tragedy design-wise in TTRPGs to date so it makes sense that we would endlessly circle it. The degree to which it set us back is vast.

Did Paizo not like 4e because they genuinely disagreed with the design philosophy or because they were still mad about WOTC pulling the magazine license

Nissin Cup Nudist fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Nov 13, 2021

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

This is probably the wrong topic, but how did East Asian stuff get associated with the color yellow in the first place?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Hunter Noventa posted:

To some people, the complexions of East Asian people can be construed as 'yellow'.

Am I secretly color blind? Are they color blind? The only thing remotely yellow in

is her shirt

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

English is truly the worst language

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Aren't NDAs supposed to be unenforceable? Or is that non-competes

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Son of a Vondruke! posted:

I wanna say Jason Statham stars. And maybe Meatloaf is in it. Not sure though.

Edit: Geeze. I was wrong about Meatloaf, and missed like 8 big names.

I met Michael Eklund at a film fest once. He's in this, and a bunch of other Uwe Boll movies. I asked him about Boll. He said he loves working with him, his movies are always a lot of fun to make and Boll is really loyal to his regular actors. He calls Eklund and offers him a role in everything he makes, even if it's a small one.

Did you ask Eklund about Boll fighting Lowtax

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Nuns with Guns posted:

It sounds like Jonathan Tweet is going to be working on the core book for the 2nd edition of 13th Age.

So why is this bad

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Starting to think this Raggi guy is a bad person.

And yet Raggi allegedly pays well and on time, which is apparently somewhat rare???

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Bruceski posted:

That's how Sauron did it.

The man just wants to turn people into dinosaurs and I can respect that

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

The Shortest Path posted:

You literally cannot cheat at chess without being fed moves from an AI, which is impossible in this case because they have detection set up for any kind of transmission in the tournament area.

Magnus is a loving scrub.

There's the classic move of moving a Rook diagonally and hope your opponent is too brain dead to notice

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Dexo posted:

Yeah Magnus is doing everything in the worst possible way.

If he had even just led with this lawyer rear end statement rather than weeks of pussyfooting around it probably would have come off better.

But also not really a clean way to do this that doesn't involve outright getting sued lol.

American libel law is really lax. As long as Magnus argues he genuially believes Hans was cheating and can offer a fig leaf of evidence, that's usually good enough?

This isn't the UK or Australia

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

theironjef posted:

Honestly if chess has hit the point where cheating is like "I accuse this guy of not memorizing vast swathes of computer output like he says he did" then it's time to change the game anyway. Maybe cheating should just be allowed but if you figure out how and can prove it mid game you win. Maybe you get a paintball gun. Maybe the game has to be played on an air hockey table so if you aren't careful the pieces slide around.

Any cheating allegations are settled by a game of chess boxing instead

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Make chess boxing the new standard

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

FMguru posted:

RIP to classic wargame designer (turned academic and analyst) John Prados (1951-2022). Probably most famous for his influential 1974 classic for Avalon Hill, Third Reich.

Ah man, my dad was close with Prados. I should give him a call

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Ah man, my dad was close with Prados. I should give him a call

Update: I talked to my dad and he was pretty shook up early in the week. He was actually planning on visiting Prados in a couple weeks. They talked in November and he never mentioned he was sick or anything to my dad. This was a big shock to my dad and most people apparently.

John Prados is more famous for his books and academic stuff, but to my dad (and me by extension) he was a quirky wargamer who held a celebration for Napoleon's Birthday most years. I dont remember ever meeting Prados (If I did, I had to have been really young), but he was an important figure in multiple fields and lived a very interesting life who will be missed. :rip:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Considering loving around with the license was one of the (many) things that lead to the 4e pissing match, I have no idea why WotC/Hasbro is going back to this well once again

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Considering Piazo/Pathfinder in its current form is because of WotC first go-round with license fuckery, one would hope their lawyers have been spending the last 15 years on a plan to fight a second round of license fuckery

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Whatever happened to Mike Mearls

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Arivia posted:

no, this was in the US. The case against Mandy is in Canada.

So Zak has gone to court in the US, Canada, and Australia. Anywhere else I'm missing?

NGDBSS posted:

ended up suing a random Icelandic field.

Was this suit in Iceland courts

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Colonel Cool posted:

I think a big part of what made the MCU so successful is that it was directly lifting plotlines that had been developed over like the past fifty years in comic book form, which means they could work from a roadmap and focus on adapting them to the screen instead of also having to plan out a whole cohesive story in advance. I'd argue this is a big reason why Disney Star Wars is flopping so hard, they never had a coherent plan and were making it up as they went.

I know D&D has a lot of books, is any of it actually suitable for basing a whole extended storyline off of or would they have to build it all from scratch?

Theres probably a way to make a Balder's Gate movie work, or adapt some of the classic modules like Keep on the Borderlands or Temple of Elemental Evil

Give me the Eberron movie thats a thinly disguised war film in the trappings of a fantasy setting

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Tsilkani posted:

Zak S has claimed another victim in a country with lovely, unbalanced defamation laws.

https://twitter.com/boymonster/status/1647678950590779392

Which country did Zak sue in this time

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Nuns with Guns posted:

Critical Role did a one-shot Tears of the Kingdom game session sponsored directly by Nintendo:

https://twitter.com/CriticalRole/status/1663621298843684864

I'm not bringing this up to argue about whether or not CritRole should be taking that money, but I do wonder what it means when Nintendo starts leveraging TTRPG content creators to promote their IPs. Possibly doing an interest check ahead of exploring more tabletop gaming licensing?

(But oh god I dread the idea of an Official Nintendo TTRPG game rolling out given how they protect their IPs the way an enraged swan protects its pond.)

I always though a Zelda minis game would be fun. Gorons, Zoras, Rito etc there's a lot to work with there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

As usual, I blame the fuckwit Tom Kirby for GW forgetting the satire bit of the Imperium

Nissin Cup Nudist fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jun 12, 2023